Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:

LOB would be the one referenced there.

I guess so..

"Lochie O'Brien. Jack Silvagni is contracted for 2021, but murmurs about his complicated future persist."

I guess so..

You missed the important bit there...

" The club insists speculation surrounding Paddy Dow's future is wide of the mark, but it's understood the Blues would consider bids for fellow top-10 pick Lochie O'Brien."

Going to be honest.

I think some of our kids might be better off going elsewhere.

Dow, LOB and Stocker may be best served by heading to teams who want to take a gamble on their talent and give them game time.

I am not sure we will be giving them opportunities unless they start slamming open the door.

I hate to lose any talent, but might be best for all parties

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Okay that part may have been important.

Was 2001 that big?

Apparently so..

Ryan FitzgeraldSydney SwansAdelaide Crowsdraft pick #28
Kris MassieCarltonAdelaide CrowsAndrew Eccles
Ben NelsonCarltonAdelaide CrowsDavid Gallagher
Daniel SchellFremantleAdelaide Crowsdraft pick #56
Andrew EcclesAdelaide CrowsCarltonKris Massie
David GallagherAdelaide CrowsCarltonBen Nelson
Corey McKernanKangaroosCarltonMark Porter and draft picks #14 & #30
Justin MurphyGeelongCarltondraft pick #23
Lindsay SmithKangaroosCarltondraft pick #61
Trent CroadHawthornFremantledraft picks #1, #20 & #36
Jeff FarmerMelbourneFremantledraft pick #17
Luke McPharlinHawthornFremantledraft picks #1, #20 & #36
Troy SimmondsMelbourneFremantleDaniel Bandy (3-way trade with Western Bulldogs)
Brent GrgicMelbourneGeelongdraft pick #55
David BourkeRichmondKangaroosdraft pick #68
Mark PorterCarltonKangaroosCorey McKernan and draft picks #23 & #39
Clint BizzellGeelongMelbournedraft picks #17 & #41
Craig EllisWestern BulldogsMelbourneTroy Simmonds (3-way trade with Fremantle)
Peter VardyAdelaide CrowsMelbournedraft pick #56
Damien HardwickEssendonPort Adelaidedraft picks #31 & 47
Paul HudsonWestern BulldogsRichmonddraft pick #49
Greg StaffordSydney SwansRichmondNick Daffy and draft pick #17
Heath BlackFremantleSt Kildadraft pick #17
Trent KnobelBrisbane LionsSt Kildadraft pick #45
Nick DaffyRichmondSydney SwansGreg Stafford
Barry HallSt KildaSydney Swansdraft pick #13, #17 & #45
Daniel BandyFremantleWestern BulldogsCraig Ellis & draft pick #26 (3-way trade with Melbourne)
Marcus PickenBrisbane LionsWestern Bulldogsdraft pick #49
Shannon RuscaBrisbane LionsWestern Bulldogsdraft pick #49

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riley Beveridge from afl.com.au matching info here that he believes a Carlton Geelong pick swap will happen fairly quickly in the trade period to unlock the Saad deal.

Refreshing News. I will drink to that 🍹🍹

It wasn't worth Fremantle's wile to make Neale happen, either. Collingwood didn't want to lose Beams the first time around.

What this will be is akin to the Gibbs trade; we asked for players, and Adelaide said no, so we then set our price and until they met it they didn't get him. In this situation - unlike Adelaide's, where they both waited a year too long and imploded - we have more time, we have better currency, and we've not actively sought to bring it out into the public eye (which keeps Melbourne onside).

If we wind up paying two firsts, that's fine. It's the contract amount that's troubling me.

They will be asking for more. Hence why it won’t happen. They’ll be happy for a first rounder but want an experienced player from our better group also. They think they’re in the window, they want more than kids.

Made it safe for fans to attend matches.

Apparently we still want our heads beaten in with chairs and to be blinded by flares, you know ... like the good old days.

Just want to clarify that I was only kidding when I said that. It’s simply better for fans these days.

Melbourne will no doubt ask for those names to be involved.

But they'll also be professional about it and look into what options there are at other clubs.

Melbourne's first pick this year is 23. That's probably going on Ben Brown, who addresses a major need of theirs.

They're also looking a decent chance of landing Isaac Smith as a free agent, who also addresses a major need of theirs.

So if they turn whatever they get for Oliver into Wines and an early second, then the net result is OUT: Oliver, IN: Wines, Smith, Brown, and they've still got an early second to take to the draft. However you look at it, that's improvement - no change in the number of quality inside mids, gain a mature winger and a bona fide key forward target.

I'm tipping the reason this is being kept relatively hush hush while both parties negotiate is because Melbourne are hunting around to see what they could land with the picks we're offering for Oliver.
Isn't Smith going to Geelong?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They will be asking for more. Hence why it won’t happen. They’ll be happy for a first rounder but want an experienced player from our better group also. They think they’re in the window, they want more than kids.
Trade McGovern. Dees need a forward and look at6 his highlights...

Melbourne have decided to follow Geelong's lead? And get an old list.. trying to add Isaac Smith and Ben Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back