Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going on record to say I like this kid and feel he is a very good footballer.
Having said that, I think we have destroyed him. Not sure how or why, although I do have my thoughts, but the kid that played against Adelaide was not the same kid I saw running around in his first year. Very, very sad state of affairs.
How do you mean destroyed him?
Destroyed his development? Destroyed his spirit? Destroyed his opportunity?

He hasn't even left yet but couldn't blame him if he wanted to go, for lack of opportunity.
It was evident this would be the case when we took on Newnes last year. We just didn't think he was ready.

Destroyed or not, being overtaken by Cottrell is 100% on Lochie.

Fair call. I will pull it down. Sorry I didnt mean offence - it was poor.

Good on you and good on this board for being respectful, in the most.

Have a look at other boards and what they say about their players......terrible.

How do you mean destroyed him?
Destroyed his development? Destroyed his spirit? Destroyed his opportunity?

He hasn't even left yet but couldn't blame him if he wanted to go, for lack of opportunity.
It was evident this would be the case when we took on Newnes last year. We just didn't think he was ready.

I'll have a stab at this, I think we actually harmed the development of some of our youngsters by playing them too early. Mind you, it was done out of necessity as we stripped the list back to the bare bones.

I remember people celebrating getting games into the young players when they may have been better served by getting some proper development into them.

I'm going on record to say I like this kid and feel he is a very good footballer.
Having said that, I think we have destroyed him. Not sure how or why, although I do have my thoughts, but the kid that played against Adelaide was not the same kid I saw running around in his first year. Very, very sad state of affairs.
Agreed.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously the bit of talk around Clayton Oliver and how to get the deal done.
And maybe I’m a space cadet here, but is Tom McDonald likely to be on the outer at Dees if they bring in Ben Brown. Contracted for another 3 years I believe. Would he be worth attaining( as a kpp backup) and a salary dump for the dees.
This years first and next years for the two players.

I remember people celebrating getting games into the young players when they may have been better served by getting some proper development into them.

And now we have people wanting to move our kids on because they're no longer automatic selections in our best side, with no consideration to the possibility that we might be...developing them.

Funny how quickly things can change.

Obviously the bit of talk around Clayton Oliver and how to get the deal done.
And maybe I’m a space cadet here, but is Tom McDonald likely to be on the outer at Dees if they bring in Ben Brown. Contracted for another 3 years I believe. Would he be worth attaining( as a kpp backup) and a salary dump for the dees.
This years first and next years for the two players.
Wouldn't think so, Cowboy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now we have people wanting to move our kids on because they're no longer automatic selections in our best side, with no consideration to the possibility that we might be...developing them.

Exactly, all of a sudden if you haven't set the world on fire by the age of 20 you're done.

Presuming that we hand over our first to Geelong for two late firsts in return and that one of those is used in the Saad deal, how do we even contemplate a deal for Oliver?

A late 2020 first + 2021 first (likely mid) are our assets (equivalent value to pick 3 or 4) and that won't even get us invited to the meeting. It's going to have include one of our young stars and I can't see SPS or Marchbank quite being at the level to get it done. How many years into the future can we deal picks? Is it just 2021 or 2022 in play as well?

You don't belong here.

Presuming that we hand over our first to Geelong for two late firsts in return and that one of those is used in the Saad deal, how do we even contemplate a deal for Oliver?

A late 2020 first + 2021 first (likely mid) are our assets (equivalent value to pick 3 or 4) and that won't even get us invited to the meeting. It's going to have include one of our young stars and I can't see SPS or Marchbank quite being at the level to get it done. How many years into the future can we deal picks? Is it just 2021 or 2022 in play as well?

We won’t be getting Oliver if we want Saad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't say that too loudly, he might hear you.

Great kick of the footy and great runner. Not much else there, allergic to contested footy and his best spot isn't clear. Worth nothing on the open market.
If LOB is the middle or bottom of packs, we are doing the football thing completely wrong. Not every player needs to be Cripps and before you try and wheel out the "needs to go when it is his turn" rubbish, he already does. Kid is 75kgs wringing wet at 20 years old, give him a chance to bulk up, ffs.

LOB is an elite runner and has very good disposal, he should be hanging near packs, not in them, so that the quick handball finds a runner who can deliver a ball with precision. That is his best spot and what the club seem to have been training into him. The key is the forwards trusting he can kick it where no one else can and leading to that spot. Already several examples of his kick being too good for the leading player who hesitated then missed where it landed because they had slowed. Not used to the ball being delivered to where it should be, not where the player is as it is kicked. Kicks to advantage instinctively, reckon we have proven repeatedly that this cannot be taught to elite levels unless it is at least partly natural.

Hope no one on the open market wants him, he will be exactly what we want on a wing next season and beyond. That left foot ...

Two first rounders and a decent player I think is not a bad offer for Oliver. Dees would consider it, particularly given he comes out of contract next year and they may not be able to sway him.

Guess if the club was hell bent on getting him they could add LOB/second rounder for him on top of the first rounders. They are well stocked for inside mids but struggle for outside run.

Personally think Wines would come cheaper and fit us better but Oliver is nonetheless a damn fine footballer.

Not saying that the club haven't possibly contributed to his situation negatively, however these boys have come through junior footy with attributes that have taken them to the top or close to the top of the heap but it doesn't make them an all round footballer. See Jack Watts, was taller and faster than everyone else at junior level, comes in at number 1 and then has to play real footy against men.

LOB has obviously had to work on things the club sees as not up to senior level standard and to date he hasn't hit the mark. Guys around him have moved ahead and guys have been brought in that play his position to add more pressure.

Cut throat professional sport.

Two firsts pretty much gets anyone done.....add steak knives if necessary. Or pick swaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back