Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cain was livid the day of SOS’s outburst, but he quickly contained the issue and In case anyone is questioning his ability... Brendon Gale esk!

1. There was no SOS outburst
2. He did nothing to contain anything
3. Is that you Cain? Which departure did Brendon Gale mismanage?

A bit more risk this year, when compared to Martin last year. Clubs picking ahead of us, heavily fronted ended contract to deter them and the risk that future players say gagf because you don’t pull out all the stops to secure us when we nominate.

Saad, Williams and extras via draft or depth trades ala Newman will be just fine. Anything else is a bonus.

I read a post on here about 2 weeks ago that the PSD is in place for players who have not gotten to their nominated club by trade to get to that club no matter what pick they have in the PSD. Only have to look to Jack Martin getting to Carlton with Pick 3 in last years PSD after nominating Carlton and Kurt Tippett nominating Sydney and being their Pick 11 selection in the PSD.

Got a feeling Oliver might still be a smokescreen or plan A/B scenario.
We're hearing how hard it's going to be to get it done. So everyone understands if it doesn't come through.
Meanwhile it's being suggested that getting Wines to Melbourne would be a key to unlock the puzzle.
But we're hearing nothing about any request from Ollie to go to Melbourne or of Port's position in regards to that.
Obviously things are being worked on behind the scenes but perhaps not quite as may be assumed.
We'd apparently be maxed out in terms of TPP and picks to get Oliver done, whereas Ollie is assumed cheaper on both counts.
So he seems a more realistic target anyway.
Wines had an interest to get to us last year related to personal and family Carlton affinity.
So it's surprising to hear that if he may be interested to try again for a move that it would be to another club or that Carlton would not at least be an option.
Yes there's the Viney connection but all players have mates at other teams.
If our preference for Oliver relates to him being a couple of years younger, that can be offset to a degree by that we effectively get an extra hit at the draft via the Wines option.
Anyway my main point is I reckon if this was meant to be a three way deal we'd be hearing something about the other part of the deal.

Last edited:
I would take Treloar for $600k a year but no more than that. Offer a late first/early second.

Not sure they'll take it but it'd be worth a gamble. Treloar is a proven gun and a very good person too. Would be a solid acquisition.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
This is around what I would take him for ... and we probably would still get shafted on the last 2 years ... his hammies will be cooked by then

If the rumours aren't true that the Saad deal is done and Dodoro is still stuffing us around..

First thing Monday morning I would trade Pick 7 to either Brisbane 16 & 17 or Geelong 11 & 18..
Then offer either the pick 17 (Bris) or 18 (Geel) for Saad..
I would hold out until the end of trade period, if no deal can get done we can just pick him up with that pick in the draft..

Essendon did it with the Stringer deal
St Kilda did it with the Hill deal

Why should we be forced to overpay Essendon with Pick 7, because they and their cronies in the media want us too..
I'd be bitterly disappointed as a Carlton supporter if we handed over pick 7 for Saad and missed out on an A Grade mid because of it..
Think it will be 13 and 18 from Geelong not 11 & 18.

If the rumours aren't true that the Saad deal is done and Dodoro is still stuffing us around..

First thing Monday morning I would trade Pick 7 to either Brisbane 16 & 17 or Geelong 11 & 18..
Then offer either the pick 17 (Bris) or 18 (Geel) for Saad..
I would hold out until the end of trade period, if no deal can get done we can just pick him up with that pick in the draft..

Essendon did it with the Stringer deal
St Kilda did it with the Hill deal

Why should we be forced to overpay Essendon with Pick 7, because they and their cronies in the media want us too..
I'd be bitterly disappointed as a Carlton supporter if we handed over pick 7 for Saad and missed out on an A Grade mid because of it..

Has ANYONE (other than Dodoro and a few drug cheat media types) ever seriously mentioned that #7 is what it will take?

Certainly no one from the CFC camp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the feeling things will be different, the approach may be a little different as well as circumstances. Last year we were trying to get a contracted guy out of a club which was complicated by the fact we had to wait for another deal not related to us to be done.

None of what we did last year was expected to be easy or smooth sailing. Both Essendon and GWS have bigger fish to fry this year.

Dodo must be on borrowed time at the ******* cheats.

He needs some deals through the door to restore a modicum of credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Cornes finished by suggesting a move to Melbourne could be perfect for the 27-year-old if he wants to remain in Victoria, where he would slot in alongside other star onballers such as Christian Petracca and Jack Viney"

Funnily enough Oliver not mentioned.

Dodo must be on borrowed time at the $%$#%$ cheats.

He needs some deals through the door to restore a modicum of credibility.

im not sure about borrowed time, but time is the critical difference this year vs last year for Dodo.

last year all he had to do was run down the clock and his goal was met (Daniher).

This year he’ll need every second to get Dunkley and Caldwell done, and the pick he gets from Saad is critical to that. He’ll be highly motivated to move earlier than later.

it doesn’t mean he’ll dramatically alter the terms of the deal but the time dynamic this year will see a vastly different approach to the negotiation.

He's owed huge $$$ over the next 5 years, hamstring concerns and looks slower every time he plays. Considering how much he relies on his explosiveness that contract is going to be horrendous

And his kicking isn't great either. I just think there are better players out there that fit our list demographic alot better.

And his kicking isn't great either. I just think there are better players out there that fit our list demographic alot better.

please refer to post 976.

The other concern with Trelor is from what he said on 360 and what the media has said (presumably from talking to his manager) he really wants to stay at Collingwood.

So if he does go it won’t be because he wants to come to the club it will be because he accepts that he is no longer wanted at Collingwood, not the ideal way to have a player on the list you are paying $600-$700k to

If he wants to stay at Collingwood then he's going to have to take a pay cut.

If there was a player I would be targeting at the saints it would be Gresham.

Love him as a player

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Might be worth asking. Hard to see the Saint's letting him go, but I think he and Billings might be looking at reduced midfield minutes. Crouch, Steele, Jones, Hannebery, Jones, Hill, Ross with Hunter Clark coming on and likely to 'graduate' to the middle in the next year or two.

Gresham & Billings may be forced into playing predominantly forward flank roles as most of those other names are pretty much solely midfielders/wingers (aside from Jones & Clark who can play hbf but they likely want around the ball, Jones now & Clark in the near future).

Got a feeling Oliver might still be a smokescreen.
We're hearing how hard it's going to be to get it done. So everyone understands if it doesn't come through.
Meanwhile it's being suggested that getting Wines to Melbourne would be a key to unlock the puzzle.
But we're hearing nothing about any request from Ollie to go to Melbourne or of Port's position in regards to that.
Obviously things are being worked on behind the scenes but perhaps not quite as may be assumed.
We'd apparently be maxed out in terms of TPP and picks to get Oliver done, whereas Ollie is assumed cheaper on both counts.
So he seems a more realistic target anyway.
Wines had an interest to get to us last year related to personal and family Carlton affinity.
So it's surprising to hear that if he may be interested to try again for a move that it would be to another club or that Carlton would not at least be an option.
Yes there's the Viney connection but all players have mates at other teams.
If our preference for Oliver relates to him being a couple of years younger, that can be offset to a degree by that we effectively get an extra hit at the draft via the Wines option.
Anyway my main point is I reckon if this was meant to be a three way deal we'd be hearing something about the other part of the deal.

Merely using past trade stories (from what we’ve read) and limited knowledge (based on media managed speculation on player payments, player intentions) would lead us to be frustrated.

It’s worth remembering though, that the insights here from a range of people with inside information (people who support the Blues and who with relative anonymity, have nothing to lose by being truthful) are almost all saying the same thing regarding Oliver’s intentions and strong chance of coming to Carlton (if the right deal can be done by 12 November - still 16 days away). There are differences each year - this year it’s list numbers, a later trade time, different operators - such things mean no rules apply despite ‘trade radio‘ or journo ‘rule setting’ guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back