Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not hindsight thing though. They had discrepancies in their list they refused to acknowledge.

Take a look back to the period when Shiel and Setterfield were available. Who suits their list better? Shiel was the bigger name but Setterfield was the better fit.

Setterfield was pretty highly rated in the same draft as McGrath. As was Taranto. But they wanted the HBFer.
That's the "best available" type deal instead of a needs basis. McGrath was rated higher than the others at the time and Shiel a bigger name than Setters. They should have went with needs but went "best available", according to them.

Why does everyone want to get rid of Dow & O'Brien?

You're judging young players based on a compromised season ... just relax, we'll find the picks to satisfy essendon
If we have to trade a player this year, I would prefer to lose someone like Kennedy or JSOS. They're both too good to be playing ressies, but will struggle to be best 22. And they have 'some' currency.

Brownlow medal voting suggests otherwise
Walsh is an absolute gun and I think he has every chance of being a top 30 mid but he's not there yet. I could easily name over 30 mids ahead of him. He's one of our own and love the kid but let's be serious

So assuming Adelaide do get pick 2 compo for Crouch they'll have picks 1, 2 and 9 inside the top 10 of the draft. With our history with Adelaide I wonder if there's something we could package up to get pick 9 off them. They may not want to take the chance on three first rounders in this draft.
Future first or even a future second and something might get it done, I wonder if they'd take Gov back? 🤔🤣

Why would we want to? We're not desperate for more kids.

That's the "best available" type deal instead of a needs basis. McGrath was rated higher than the others at the time and Shiel a bigger name than Setters. They should have went with needs but went "best available", according to them.

I disagree that he was best available and he certainly wasnt consensus. The consensus was McCluggage. Best available is never a HBFer, highly rated sure, but not a number 1. Besides Weitering, who is a key position player, when has the number 1 pick gone to a defender instead of a genuine midfielder?

Last edited:
How many mids in the top 30 of the competition do we have?
I'll give you a hint, if it were on this year's form it would be 0.
We have 1 Patrick Cripps (ranks 14th)
12BC7F10-B9DA-463F-9EA1-CD616B90BBF6.png
although we could have more as this only goes to 15th.
If we go off https://www.statsinsider.com.au/afl/player-ratings
We have 1 - sam walsh (ranks 26th)

The whole point is free movement, not free cost.
Under the current system, the compo would be better based on future picks anyway.
So the effect of the player leaving on the club is factored.

Had never considered that...and it's not a bad idea.

Also means a club can't capitolise on a poor year by shunting a free agent out the door for maximum compensation - see Adelaide.

If we have to trade a player this year, I would prefer to lose someone like Kennedy or JSOS. They're both too good to be playing ressies, but will struggle to be best 22. And they have 'some' currency.
I wouldn’t mind our reserves finally having a chance at some success. We need a squad of 30 to be successful. Both Kennedy and JSOS are apart of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pick 8 well paddy dow 3 Lob 10 worked out well Sadd proven Afl player near all Australian defender ready to go he will do me in a year of a heavily compromised draft
Yep Dow & O'brien both no good, both been at the club for ten years and are over thirty.

We have 1 Patrick Cripps (ranks 14th)
View attachment 999348
although we could have more as this only goes to 15th.
If we go off https://www.statsinsider.com.au/afl/player-ratings
We have 1 - sam walsh (ranks 26th)
How do the AA wingman not make that list??😂😂

So assuming Adelaide do get pick 2 compo for Crouch they'll have picks 1, 2 and 9 inside the top 10 of the draft. With our history with Adelaide I wonder if there's something we could package up to get pick 9 off them. They may not want to take the chance on three first rounders in this draft.
Future first or even a future second and something might get it done, I wonder if they'd take Gov back? 🤔🤣
The way to go with Adelaide might be trade our 8 for their 9 in return for moving our 29 up to 22, or something like that, depending which picks are going to be traded anyway v taken to draft.

Both Kennedy and JSOS would be picks in the 40s. Not really worth trading unless you're packaging them with picks to get an A grade talent

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah but anything of that value we could give straight to Essendon and they can upgrade if they want
Essendon won't take anything that they have to try and upgrade. They'll want a straight up pick. If we could get pick 9 that would do it. Still get something coming back too as it's the next pick after ours so they're only moving back one spot from where our pick would have been

True but he had a better year than McGrath.

Pretty similar, but I'd put Walsh's very best performances ahead of McGrath's.

I think Walsh has more scope to improve though. McGrath to me is a disciplined multi-positional footballer, but lacks a little in creativity and doesn't have that same verve and feel for the game.

He has moments where he can really impact, but he doesn't manufacture plays at the same level or with the same consistency Walsh does.

Essendon won't take anything that they have to try and upgrade. They'll want a straight up pick. If we could get pick 9 that would do it. Still get something coming back too as it's the next pick after ours so they're only moving back one spot from where our pick would have been

With all due respect dude, who gives a rat’s crack what Essendon say they want.
Dodo bird screwed over the Dogs by splitting the pick they wanted for Stringer. We do the same, look after our own house and he gets whatever scraps are left over.
This talk of giving the ferals a top 10 pick for Adam Saad is lunacy.
Don’t get brainwashed by the media or Dodo about Saad’s value and if Nick Austin feels that handing over our first pick for him is a fair deal I would be extremely disappointed in that result.
Top 10 picks been thrown out like they’re confetti ? Ridiculous in the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back