Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
We can't even get our forwards to kick 38 goals in a season, let alone a repurposed winger...
I don't think he's ever played outside mid properly at the elite level either as a junior or senior player. The suggestion was that he seems the type on paper, but has absolutely no capability for the position.

Kind of like Cuningham, though he saw a lot of centre stoppage looks as a junior.

Same as Boner
Fair enough, that's dropped 2 cms since his combine measurements... the point still stands that he is slower off the mark than a lot of heavier alternatives that are around his height.

His strength is his repeat efforts. He's a bit of a one-trick pony, and while it's a very good trick, that's going to get figured out at the elite level.

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Including Williams and Gibbons upgrade to the senior list - and assuming lists become 38-4, we are currently at 36 on the senior list with Polson, Kennedy and Macreadie uncontracted.

Considering we must take two draft picks minimum (+ Gibbons upgrade), we will need to move players out to fit Saad in, let alone another player.

Get a feeling Macreadie is kept for depth, while Pols and Kennedy move on. Can't see us taking a Dunstan or similar type unless we trade Kennedy and SOS.
Yeah and what is the point of trading Kennedy only to bring in Dunstan on a higher salary?

Dow and Stocker are the two I’m really keen to see next year. Dow had an injury riddled year and Stocker clearly had a tough year personally. Both of them clearly have some things to work on, but there is big upside for both of them still. They need to really want it to reach their potential, but both have quality AFL attributes we need. I’m really hoping for a big preseason from both of them.
Big hopes for Dow, Stocker and Kemp next season, they lift themselves into the 22 on form and we play finals.

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Jed anderson is shocking please no. What we had kerridge
He’s the complete opposite of Kerridge actually. But I agree........... no thanks.
We need to start thinking about our salary cap.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm all for bringing Menegola in on a 3 year contract.

Great player and will aid in the development of Kemp, Dow, Setters etc

Bringing talented, mature players in from successful clubs with winning cultures can only be a good thing for our youngsters.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Story was reading he was chasing 4yrs to wrap it up (1yr to go with the Cats) & willing to return to Freo if it was on offer.

Had an idea and thought I would see roughly what a club would pay a player per touch over their career..
It produced an interesting result..

Carlton
Cripps - Average Career Disposals 25/ Rough wage $900,000
25 Disposals x 22 Games=550 Disposals
$900,000/ 550 = $1636 Per Disposal

Collingwood
Cox - Average Career Disposals 8/ Rough wage $550,000
8 Disposals x 22 Games=176 Disposals
$550,000/ 176 = $3125 Per Disposal

Collingwood are paying Cox 192% more per touch than we are Cripps ;)

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
“C grade” is a pass (though mediocre and not comprehensive). I would’ve thought someone calling themselves “Passmark” would understand what a passmark is. D graders don’t last long, guys like Dunstan who are fringe best 22 and have managed to hang around for 7 years are C grade.

....weirdly aggressive post.

Yeah and what is the point of trading Kennedy only to bring in Dunstan on a higher salary?
If it was Duncan, you could count me in without having to ask first.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Dow and Stocker are the two I’m really keen to see next year. Dow had an injury riddled year and Stocker clearly had a tough year personally. Both of them clearly have some things to work on, but there is big upside for both of them still. They need to really want it to reach their potential, but both have quality AFL attributes we need. I’m really hoping for a big preseason from both of them.
Agree Dow & Stocker are crucial clogs hopefully will be developed and mentored diligently. I’ve got my fingers crossed Luke Power is appointed Head coach and Development. He’ll extract the best from these youngsters .

Tm
If this is in relation to Williams, we can’t have front loaded his contract. As a RFA his contract has to be the same payment amount for the life of the contract. I suspect we have in fact paid more then originally speculated on here

I'm pretty sure they can be loaded to suit your cap situation. The thing is that if the club the player is coming from wants to match the offer they only have to match in terms of the total amount on offer over the life of the contract.

Dees aren’t trading Oliver this offseason. Give it a year 😃

Thats what we said about Papley last year........give it a year. I say that if you really want a player go as hard as you can while he's open to the idea of coming to you. A lot can change in a year....

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
I would play Samo as a high half forward, rotating through the middle (just like Martin really)

So, a front 6 of

Martin Harry Samo
Betts Chuck Guv

With Honey/Owies/Butters/Stengle groomed to assume Betts' role....

Who'd you rather out of Samo, Cuners and Gibbo?

For mine Samo is the first picked of those three.
Where’s Fish? He’s the best of the lot... Right with ya Samo in a forward/midfield role...

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
Thats what we said about Papley last year........give it a year. I say that if you really want a player go as hard as you can while he's open to the idea of coming to you. A lot can change in a year....
Problem obviously being that Melbourne will just flat out say no

Do we still go all out and try, or attempt to pick off a cheapish small forward or B grade mid?? Learn from last year if you will...

Personally think we’ll get our 2 and keep our powder dry for next year, still a very handy result

CsBlue

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Agree Dow & Stocker are crucial clogs hopefully will be developed and mentored diligently. I’ve got my fingers crossed Luke Power is appointed Head coach and Development. He’ll extract the best from these youngsters .
Stocker should present himself as a handy player at some point with his skills off both feet, inside ball winning and composure.

Dow never had it other than a bit of burst speed and play styles very rarely change from juniors. Plays like Tom Bell without the desperation and I’ll be surprised if that changes.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
If we don’t snare a forward pocket the Fish is easily our best option IMO, can play a bit like Papley and wander up the ground as well
Think as we systematically get better as a team particularly with our forward entries/delivery he has the tricks/class that will become more dangerous like his first game back kicking 4goals, the likes of Martin Cunners ‘Samo’ should become more dangerous as well... Unfortunately atm we haven’t been connected to a good young small forward trade wise...

Oct 15, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
Think as we systematically get better as a team particularly with our forward entries/delivery he has the tricks/class that will become more dangerous like his first game back kicking 4goals, the likes of Martin Cunners ‘Samo’ should become more dangerous as well... Unfortunately atm we haven’t been connected to a good young small forward trade wise...
Jarrod Cameron is one I’m keen on, hoping Austin is being professional and keeping 1 or 2 targets quiet

Williams will help our entries no end, need 1 or 2 others to step up in this regard as well

Saad will help long and quick entries, not more delicate ones though. Be great if we got one more B grade mid with skills...

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Jed Anderson is just young Ed Curnow.

He adds * all and do not want.

The Greek Freak

All Australian
Sep 10, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Fish spending a lot of time with Griffin Logue at the moment over in WA, he's going home to Freo confirmed 😲 ya know cause players Instagram accounts are where it's all at 😉🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back