Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

16th Century astrologer and seer, Nostradamus, was recently exhumed in France. Inside the coffin his skeletal remains lay beneath a copper scroll. Puzzled onlookers saw the words "CC good to go, mid-year of our Lord, 2021".

Last edited:
I have had a fractured patella, in my late 20s. Broke it in half. 12 week recovery and zero long term effects. Hurt like stink when I did it, falling up steps and landing on a stone edge. Played reasonable level of cricket for years afterwards as a wicket keeper and tennis for thirty years. Hope he gets back.
Well bugger me. 40+ likes for a busted knee. I’ve had open heart surgery too, that’s gotta be worth a hundred!

Had a mate who fractured his patellar into 4 pieces. Wasn’t worried about the fractured patellar at the time... mainly because he was more concerned about the ruptured ACL, PCL, and Medial ligament injuries he suffered. Had 3 knee reco ops over 18 months.

Thirty five years later and he’s now looking at a knee replacement. Gets a limp when he’s on it for too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, well my mate played 200 games with no knees at all. Just a couple of gnarled stumps that he'd wrap a bit of hessian around for padding. Could still roost a torp from 60 too.

Was strong in the air, but not much good below his knees.

As a good mate of mine once said...

1610082587236.gif

Yeah, well my mate played 200 games with no knees at all. Just a couple of gnarled stumps that he'd wrap a bit of hessian around for padding. Could still roost a torp from 60 too.

Was strong in the air, but not much good below his knees.

One of my biggest regrets on the footy field was telling a bloke with a stub at one wrist "two hands mate" when he fumbled it over the boundry on a wet day.

Zero support from my teammates during the barrage of jumper punches and rightly so

Last edited:
How long until the next Matthew Pavlich to Carlton rumor?

Not much of a rumour, but could Newnes be up for a number change? There is currently no player on the Carlton website/app who is assigned to the number 32, and Newnes appears to be 'numberless'.

View attachment 1037842
If we are to extrapolate this "rumour", Newnes wore 16 in his years at St. Kilda and it is now vacant with the mighty Blues. Fair chance that is the go. Although does bring in to question the suggestion that Kreuze passed on the 8 to TDK as, if a change was imminent it may show up. Futile conjecture for the morning done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back