Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaydossJ

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Has to be McDonald - also noticed he was on an Instagram post with the 'leadership group and new recruits'.. Moore and Maher weren't there

So it's between McDonald & Whitnall, intresting..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Whitnall And McDonalds ... gotta be a joke in there somewhere

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Lot of interesting opinions......a speedy midfield player will always be a good addition in my view...(think mosquito fleet) puts pressure on the rest of them. I do not see our spine as an issue its the ones at their feet and the linkup that are needing help.
It's a good point....we often tend be focussed on the players injured and how we cover for them, rather than thinking more laterally about readjusting the game plan around who we do have available.

Would it be the worse thing if we went into games with only one genuine tall forward (until Charles is ready to go), surrounded by smaller pressure types and a few medium sized who can take a grab like JSOS or Gov or Martin, and Crippa rotating through there? The Tiggs only have one genuine tall in Lynch - you could possibly include Reiwoldt, but they tend to set up many goals through their mids and forward pressure, as well as Dusty rotating through there.

Interesting they have 7 ruckmen on their list, so obviously see that the first use/control of the ball is a key priority. We have 2 and have already lost one for a chunk of the season....but I do like the concept of a smaller and quicker 'mosquito fleet' around the ground.

thylacine60 and HBF looking for some guidance from the resident experts here please

Haven't had them in years, but they were the best.

Only two things you need to know:

1 - Cafes/milk bars used to stock them and put signs on the front window 'We sell Sth Melbourne market dim sims'

2 - The sign behind the market stall had a table showing prices for multiples (could buy bulk frozen). Eg 1 = $1.20, 2 = $2.40, 3 = $3.60 and so on until about 100 = $120. And I reckon they would have sold a few 100 batches over the years...

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Has been a while...$1.20 fmd

They sell them in frozen bags of 6 at Lamanna for about $11....used to have a bag to myself until my son tried them one day, can never have anything for myself anymore.

Same with liquorice allsorts

Kids ruin everything

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
If we lose Pitt can we play finals with Levi as the number 1 ruck for an extended period?
I was at the Blues vs GCS game a few years back where Kruze went down early in the 1st quarter and Cas got thrown into the deep end.

He got absolutely demolished by Witts, and we got demolished by the Suns....Lynch tore us a new one that day.

I love Cas, but don't believe he's a natural ruckman....good pinch hitter but much better value as a KPP either forward or back. Which is why I'm nervous about going into the season now with only one fit genuine ruckman...and why Daw wouldn't be the worse suggestion going around if his head is in the right space to return to AFL.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Haven't had them in years, but they were the best.

Only two things you need to know:

1 - Cafes/milk bars used to stock them and put signs on the front window 'We sell Sth Melbourne market dim sims'

2 - The sign behind the market stall had a table showing prices for multiples (could buy bulk frozen). Eg 1 = $1.20, 2 = $2.40, 3 = $3.60 and so on until about 100 = $120. And I reckon they would have sold a few 100 batches over the years...
$1.20 each or half a dozen for $7.20

I was at the Blues vs GCS game a few years back where Kruze went down early in the 1st quarter and Cas got thrown into the deep end.

He got absolutely demolished by Witts, and we got demolished by the Suns....Lynch tore us a new one that day.

I love Cas, but don't believe he's a natural ruckman....good pinch hitter but much better value as a KPP either forward or back. Which is why I'm nervous about going into the season now with only one fit genuine ruckman...and why Daw wouldn't be the worse suggestion going around if his head is in the right space to return to AFL.

Agree Cas is a ruck relief not a FT ruckman - doesn't have the leap or tehnique to match it with the taller ruckmen and gives away a lot of frees trying to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back