Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar Allen is worth more than cripps.
No, he's not. Even down on value as he is now, he's still got better exposed form and is a club captain.

Oscar Allen has kicked more than 4 goals in a game once in his entire career as a permanent forward, and has kicked 4 goals or more (including that 5 goal haul) twice across 4 years and 46 games in a vastly superior side. Cripps, on the other hand as a midfielder, has had games in which he's kicked 2+ goals in a game in his career 11 times, including 3 hauls of 3 goals and 1 of four. All while averaging 25 possessions, 5.7 tackles and 7.2 clearances.

This is getting silly. I get that the grass is always greener and that recency bias is a thing, but while Allen is young you'd be trading for what he will do, not what he's proven he can.

The poster's profile is public.

I don't want to chase someone off - apparently, we chase rumour posters away - but this person seems a bit dodgy.
I might be wrong and don’t want to offend or scare anyone off but the past few rumours from this poster appear to feature in media reports around same time, offer little substance or state the bleeding obvious at times.

Why are people arguing about Cripps' worth? He is a required player who has said nothing to make us think he's on his way out. Have some faith and stop bickering about something that hasn't even happened.
Because a person who seems to have an awful lot of information they're willing to share on a public forum that we're somehow not allowed to express dubiousness has posted that he's reluctant to sign.

And no-one turns like a Carlton supporter.

Because a person who seems to have an awful lot of information they're willing to share on a public forum that we're somehow not allowed to express dubiousness has posted that he's reluctant to sign.

And no-one turns like a Carlton supporter.
But why do you need to "express dubiousness". It's been placed in a rumour thread. Its up to everyone else whether they believe it or not. There is no need to express anything.

But why do you need to "express dubiousness". It's been placed in a rumour thread. Its up to everyone else whether they believe it or not. There is no need to express anything.
Because it's dodgy as *?

Why one needs to express dubiousness is kind of a subjective thing. Other than that, what is the point to a forum if not to express things?

Because it's dodgy as fu**?

Why one needs to express dubiousness is kind of a subjective thing. Other than that, what is the point to a forum if not to express things?
I understand but if its dodgy there is no reason for discussion around it to be going for so long. Just feeding the "dodgy" rumour.

He is 27 and never played as a mid all that much at GWS.We got sucked in over one game he played in a final. I hope he turns out.
Silvagni did a great job with our cap to free up space to get a gun mid and also to keep our young stars.
One stuff up was McGovern.
He gets sacked and Lloyd and Liddell spend 1.5 million on 2 27 year old back flankers.
Now we have Big H who is worth double those 2 guys.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

pretty funny is it. We turn half back flankers into mids and draft mids to play half back.

I understand but if its dodgy there is no reason for discussion around it to be going for so long. Just feeding the "dodgy" rumour.
I should also say its not you I'm talking about. Just speaking generally. All love :hearts:

No, he's not. Even down on value as he is now, he's still got better exposed form and is a club captain.

Oscar Allen has kicked more than 4 goals in a game once in his entire career as a permanent forward, and has kicked 4 goals or more (including that 5 goal haul) twice across 4 years and 46 games in a vastly superior side. Cripps, on the other hand as a midfielder, has had games in which he's kicked 2+ goals in a game in his career 11 times, including 3 hauls of 3 goals and 1 of four. All while averaging 25 possessions, 5.7 tackles and 7.2 clearances.

This is getting silly. I get that the grass is always greener and that recency bias is a thing, but while Allen is young you'd be trading for what he will do, not what he's proven he can.

Have u watched cripps in the past year and a half he's been average at best. Ask any other club who they would want and most would say allen. Your getting sucked into the old cripps, who was a top 5 player prior to 2020. Hes no longer near that and thats fact that has to be faced. On the other hand oscar Allen is one of the best young key forwards in the comp, who mind u bringing up his stats u forget to note that he has often been used down back in those 46 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have u watched cripps in the past year and a half he's been average at best. Ask any other club who they would want and most would say allen. Your getting sucked into the old cripps, who was a top 5 player prior to 2020. Hes no longer near that and thats fact that has to be faced. On the other hand oscar Allen is one of the best young key forwards in the comp, who mind u bringing up his stats u forget to note that he has often been used down back in those 46 games.
See, I question a perspective that begins with, "Have you even watched...?" It makes me wonder if you can debate a different opinion without questioning someone else's sanity.

I've watched plenty, thanks. Two years ago, Cripps had 38 and kicked 4 goals. 4 games ago, he had 34 and 2 goals. You're barking up the wrong tree if you think Allen - someone who functions as a third tall in his forward line, and who while bloody promising is measured at 192cm - so, mid sized rather than genuine KPP height - is worth more than our ******* captain is.

Last edited:
Who's gonna give it to them
I don't think it'll happen; I think the rumour's full of s**t, he's postponing signing to try and work into some form on the recommendation of his agent and he's backing himself to perform.

But if you're talking a trade proposal, I'd take a first round pick and Oscar Allen for Cripps. You're welcome to disagree if you like.

I'd take it. Allen could be anything in a few years; he'd be the Gunston to Curnow and McKay's Roughead and Franklin.

I wouldn't, though Allen is a gun.

I reckon we can do better.

We've all watched Cripps. There's no need for the condescending attitude.

He has been below standard for the past 12 months or so, but the bar he has set for himself is obviously very high. Separate the name from the statistics/performances and I don't think we would be anywhere near as harsh on the player as many have been on Cripps.

He's not the player he was in 2019, and there are reasons for that. He's still one of the best mids in the game though and if they're keen on him West Coast and/or Freo would believe he can get back to his best in his home state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back