Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about us getting pick 6 or 7. Optimistically I would point out that we haven't lost to a team outside the 8 apart from Collingwood and we only play three top 8 sides in the run home (Geelong and Port and then Sydney which are on the decline). Plus Charlie potentially returning. We could push a lot higher up the ladder and even, theoretically, still make finals.
GWS were/are outside the 8 and based in your criteria we won't win at least 3 of those games......(teams in the 8)

But I agree, we should get more wins than the first 14 games ratio

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Talking about us getting pick 6 or 7. Optimistically I would point out that we haven't lost to a team outside the 8 apart from Collingwood and we only play three top 8 sides in the run home (Geelong and Port and then Sydney which are on the decline). Plus Charlie potentially returning. We could push a lot higher up the ladder and even, theoretically, still make finals.
Just the two - we don't play Sydney

Playing is very different to be an assistant coach, where being stagnant, especially in an unsuccessful club, limits development. Ambitious coaches would want to experience different cultures and set-ups, and success.

For people aspiring to be head coaches I agree, that’s why I’m asking, what have his roles been? Have they been important ones, or have they been development roles?

If I was a Blues player and I loved the club and transitioned in to coaching at the club, I would only leave if I was trying to climb the coaching ladder, if I was content being a development coach and I loved my job, I wouldn’t be leaving.

For people aspiring to be head coaches I agree, that’s why I’m asking, what have his roles been? Have they been important ones, or have they been development roles?

If I was a Blues player and I loved the club and transitioned in to coaching at the club, I would only leave if I was trying to climb the coaching ladder, if I was content being a development coach and I loved my job, I wouldn’t be leaving.

It's not just about climbing the ladder, it's about gaining experience and improving your coaching. If you really love your club and want to be there, you're probably better off going somewhere else for a couple of years and coming back.
Especially if you're Melbourne based.

Thinking about Carlton optimistically usually results in one feeling misty optically....

Re: rumour file, join the dots lion etc
Anyone available to counsel a blue horse inclined to biting or kicking a potential new coach?
Would like to be ok with whoever coaches us
...not sure how to get there.
tenor-10.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question...how many head coach positions have been filled since he last coached? As far as I can recall, he's not even been in the running for another gig and now suddenly he's our messiah?

Serious question...how many head coach positions have been filled since he last coached? As far as I can recall, he's not even been in the running for another gig and now suddenly he's our messiah?

He's been waiting on this one. Don't you worry about that.

I don't know if I can bring myself to watch a Ross Lyon coached team every weekend...
We have to! Start working on getting aboard
...we don't wanna be grumpy ol complainyheads every week do we? Life is too short! Let's choose to be optimistic. Whoever it is.

Absolutely nothing has changed on the Lyon front since I clarified the rumor last week.

Yes, we have spoken to him to gauge interest, etc. But there have been no formal offers, etc. made.

We are doing due diligence, dotting all i's and crossing all t's - nothing more, nothing less.

Does that mean we won't make an offer? No.

Do I believe that we will? I'd say chances are high.

As always, happy to be proven wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back