Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 8 for saad is by no means overs! A proven jet with line breaking as his strength is what we have been crying out for.

Who would you have taken with pick 8?
I'm confused!! We're being told that we didn't envisage the changes to the game that necessitated more speed but people complain about paying the "rightish" price for an absolute jet who defends pretty well. Saad has started well and will get better. Seems to me that he gives his all and really cares about each contest. A consummate professional who sets a great example I would say.

Sos put a shocking list together at the Giants. Stuff it up just like Gold Coast. Didn’t bring enough talent in. Can’t believe he let go Cameron, Treloar, Shiel, Adams, Steele, Williams, Wilson, Lobb, Tomlinson to name a few.

So much to unpack here. Not sure if srs....

1 - GWS has an all-time win/loss record of 44.1% vs Gold Coast 24.5%.
1A - GWS has made finals 4/9 seasons. GCS has never made finals, has finished in the bottom four 7/10 seasons and bottom two for HALF of their 10 seasons!

2 - Not enough talent? If anything, having too much talent is what pushed so many out the door.

3 - Every single player you mentioned left GWS after SOS did except one... Adams.

3a - Adams got GWS Heath Shaw, who gave them 6 great seasons (and one meh one), a backline marshal who earned 2 x AA, 1 x B&F and would be in the top 5 careers so far in GWS's short existence.

Last edited:

Nope. Just going by attitude that they have displayed on field as to who would be most likely to respond this way. I’m actually surprised that any of the senior players would have this reaction tbh. Fwiw I’m not a Murph or Cas hater. Although they are obviously on the way out they have both been good servants of the club especially Murph.
So in other words you like Cripps, Doc, Jones, Curnow but dont like Murphy and Casboult.....

1 - GWS has an all-time win/loss record of 44.1% vs Gold Coast 24.5%

2 - Not enough talent? If anything, having too much talent is what pushed so many out the door.

3 - Every single player you mentioned left GWS after SOS did except one... Adams.

3a - Adams got GWS Heath Shaw, who gave them 6 great seasons, a backline marshall, who earned 2 x AA, 1 x B&F and would be in the top 5 careers so far in GWS's short existence.
Er, Matthew goes BANG!!

So in other words you like Cripps, Doc, Jones, Curnow but dont like Murphy and Casboult.....
Also it would be far more concerning to me if the likes of Cripps and Doc sooked it up after a well deserved spray than if Murph or CAS did as they are the ones who are supposed to be leading the club forward now and setting an example.

Er, Matthew goes BANG!!

Just to put GC's incompetence* into perspective.... If left to chance, there is a 1 in 52,489 chance that a team would randomly finish bottom two for at least 5 seasons out of a 10-year stretch.

*Poor performance over the formative years can be excused as it is clearly not easy to start up a football team from scratch - particularly in a non-football region. BUT even if you write off their first five years, almost all of their history since has been a shambles.

Peter Sumich on radio in WA today reckons there will be a exodus of Freo players looking to head back home to VIC.

Sean Darcy
Darcy Tucker
Adam Cerra

Being ranked equal 78th in the league for average score involvements per game is not elite. % SI per possession is not a stat that gets ranked. It is a result of him not getting that much of the ball anymore especially under pressure.

"The impact of Fogarty since his inclusion in the off-season has been evident, while the shift from midfield to forward line for Marc Murphy has also had its benefit.
Alongside Michael Gibbons, the trio all individually rank as elite in the competition for score involvements in their position (general forwards).
After his change in position in the summer, just under half of Murphy’s disposals (19 of 42) have resulted in scores this season."

Peter Sumich on radio in WA today reckons there will be a exodus of Freo players looking to head back home to VIC.

Sean Darcy
Darcy Tucker
Adam Cerra

First and second for AC. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - GWS has an all-time win/loss record of 44.1% vs Gold Coast 24.5%.
1A - GWS has made finals 4/9 seasons. GCS has never made finals, has finished in the bottom four 7/10 seasons and bottom two for HALF of their 10 seasons!

3a - Adams got GWS Heath Shaw, who gave them 6 great seasons (and one meh one), a backline marshal who earned 2 x AA, 1 x B&F and would be in the top 5 careers so far in GWS's short existence.

That's the perfect response if the post you're responding too wasn't dripping in sarcasm (I hope it was?!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The impact of Fogarty since his inclusion in the off-season has been evident, while the shift from midfield to forward line for Marc Murphy has also had its benefit.
Alongside Michael Gibbons, the trio all individually rank as elite in the competition for score involvements in their position (general forwards).
After his change in position in the summer, just under half of Murphy’s disposals (19 of 42) have resulted in scores this season."
I find it hard to believe that out of the 7 (10% of 72 )elite small forwards for score involvements we have 3 of them. Here is just a few they might of missed Greene, Gray Pickett, Papley, Butters, Lambert, Switkowski, Ryan, Smith, Heeney, Tippa, Warner, Fantasia that all have more SI/game than Murph

Sean Darcy
Darcy Tucker
Adam Cerra

If there's someone that I've learned not to take seriously about Dockers stuff it's Sumich. He hasn't gotten over the fact that he wasn't handed the head job.

I find it hard to believe that out of the 7 (10% of 72 )elite small forwards for score involvements we have 3 of them. Here is just a few they might of missed Greene, Gray Pickett, Papley, Butters, Lambert, Switkowski, Ryan, Smith, Heeney, Tippa, Warner, Fantasia that all have more SI/game than Murph
Might pay to re-read. They are classified as general forwards.

Sean Darcy
Darcy Tucker
Adam Cerra

Tucker doesn't interest me much.

Darcy maybe worth a look, is his forward craft good enough for us to play both him and TDK in the same side?

Cerra doubtless an upgrade in output on Dow and Setterfield, but enough of an upgrade to justify the cost? And I'm still bullish on the possibility that Stocker could be just as effective once he gets into the senior side for a proper run at it.

What about pick# 3....

Hey don't look at me. I wanted LDU with 3.

I actually feel like we'll have some cash to spare this year. Murphy and Betts are likely gone (maybe also Levi with DeKoening coming on), C Curnow and McGovern are on reduced contracts, Cripps might not cost as much as we thought he would and Dow and LOB are increasingly looking like they're not going to make it.

Only McKay is on track for a pay rise.

I'd hope we would be up to our ears in Merrett and Cerra who look the best prospects this year.

Cerra on the wing.

Cripps and Setters dishing it out.

Walsh and Williams floating in between.

✅✅✅
I agree Cerra would be a nice get but,
What do you do with Stocker, LOB, Cunners, Carroll, Kennedy and Philp.
Not sure a young player needs to be brought in to complement the young players that you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back