Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that out of the 7 (10% of 72 )elite small forwards for score involvements we have 3 of them. Here is just a few they might of missed Greene, Gray Pickett, Papley, Butters, Lambert, Switkowski, Ryan, Smith, Heeney, Tippa, Warner, Fantasia that all have more SI/game than Murph

That list of players also know how to chase and tackle when required...

Tucker doesn't interest me much.

Darcy maybe worth a look, is his forward craft good enough for us to play both him and TDK in the same side?

Cerra doubtless an upgrade in output on Dow and Setterfield, but enough of an upgrade to justify the cost? And I'm still bullish on the possibility that Stocker could be just as effective once he gets into the senior side for a proper run at it.
If we are a serious club, we will develop our own, grass isn’t always greener so do your own farming amd reap the rewards of the crop.

I agree Cerra would be a nice get but,
What do you do with Stocker, LOB, Cunners, Carroll, Kennedy and Philp.
Not sure a young player needs to be brought in to complement the young players that you already have.

None of those players are knocking down the door, vs Cerra who is a proven young gun.
Add to that Dow who is currently performing anywhere from "doing a couple of nice things but can't chase" to "nfi how he is getting a game" (depending on who you ask), yet still getting games in the 1's.

Cerra would immediately jump past all of those players and for good reason. Assuming we can't get a Merritt etc, why wouldn't we jump at him?

Players I would target that are OOC

Spine - 1 or 2

Ballenden
Brander
Koschitzke
Chol

Others - 1 of

Noble
Constable
Mcintosh RFA
Billings RFA
Lipinski
Hewett RFA

Cerra or Merrett if we get 1, of the above talls, then take the best spine player through the draft

I don't think I'll ever understand your fascination with Constable.

Players I would target that are OOC

Spine - 1 or 2

Ballenden
Brander
Koschitzke
Chol

Others - 1 of

Noble
Constable
Mcintosh RFA
Billings RFA
Lipinski
Hewett RFA

Cerra or Merrett if we get 1, of the above talls, then take the best spine player through the draft

Brander would be one of the more overrated players on the market this year. Has played 12 games in 4 years mostly off a wing and doesn’t look like scoring or taking control when he goes forward. A bit like Daniel Gorringe IMO, flanker in a big mans body.

You will in time

Gonna extend an invitation here and now to elaborate on how he offers any more than Kennedy, Setterfield or Stocker - as a possible midfield replacement for, I would assume, Curnow.

Same draft as Dow, shown even less from what I can gather, and in a "better" system.

Brander would be one of the more overrated players on the market this year. Has played 12 games in 4 years mostly off a wing and doesn’t look like scoring or taking control when he goes forward. A bit like Daniel Gorringe IMO, flanker in a big mans body.

Have a look at their spine and you will realise why he is playing on a wing, which is also an added string to the bow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna extend an invitation here and now to elaborate on how he offers any more than Kennedy, Setterfield or Stocker - as a possible midfield replacement for, I would assume, Curnow.

Same draft as Dow, shown even less from what I can gather, and in a "better" system.

He has Kennedy, Setters and Dow completely covered in footy smarts, touch, versatility and disposal

Stocker has different characteristics, so I wouldn't compare the 2

They aren't playing Constable ahead of Selwood, Duncan, Danger, Guthrie as they have rolled the dice to try and win a flag

Have a look at their spine and you will realise why he is playing on a wing, which is also an added string to the bow

Meh. He hasn’t shown much on the wing either. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Chol is a better option. Even Coleman Jones.

Peter Sumich on radio in WA today reckons there will be a exodus of Freo players looking to head back home to VIC.

Sean Darcy
Darcy Tucker
Adam Cerra
Let's get Sean Tucker.

I agree Cerra would be a nice get but,
What do you do with Stocker, LOB, Cunners, Carroll, Kennedy and Philp.
Not sure a young player needs to be brought in to complement the young players that you already have.
Those names you mention is exactly why you should be bringing Cerra in

So much to unpack here. Not sure if srs....

1 - GWS has an all-time win/loss record of 44.1% vs Gold Coast 24.5%.
1A - GWS has made finals 4/9 seasons. GCS has never made finals, has finished in the bottom four 7/10 seasons and bottom two for HALF of their 10 seasons!

2 - Not enough talent? If anything, having too much talent is what pushed so many out the door.

3 - Every single player you mentioned left GWS after SOS did except one... Adams.

3a - Adams got GWS Heath Shaw, who gave them 6 great seasons (and one meh one), a backline marshal who earned 2 x AA, 1 x B&F and would be in the top 5 careers so far in GWS's short existence.
I like the chuckles but I love when you show that you know your stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back