Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I must admit I take all leaving due to team not doing well rumours with a grain of salt.
There are no guarantees west coast or freo are going to be any better than us in the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a captain is a lot more than just playing and training hard. It’s also the ability to lead people of all ages and personalities, motivate them and drive them. For a 20 year old to successfully do that and also keeps strong working relationship with more senior players is a very challenging task. Yep, sticks did it but that is a one in century example (maybe two if you include The Duck). If the choice is wrong, not only do you polarise the players but potentially destroy the great player the 20 year old already is

Cripps is doing fine as captain for the most part. He’s got his flaws but he’s the right person and had the right maturity for the responsibility
In my eyes the problem is that we have two captains. This is why we have no leadership, because the people up the chain refuse to make a strong statement by picking either Docherty or Cripps.
If I had to pick, I’d take Cripps. He’s still the only player in the side capable of picking them up and carrying them to victory.

In my eyes the problem is that we have two captains. This is why we have no leadership, because the people up the chain refuse to make a strong statement by picking either Docherty or Cripps.
If I had to pick, I’d take Cripps. He’s still the only player in the side capable of picking them up and carrying them to victory.
Co-captains is really screwing up the swans too... They’ve got three so must be really bad!

I've never been a fan of co-captains. Before his injury Doc was the natural captain, the way he played he was clearly the next in line. Unfortunately he did his knee, and in that season Cripps well and truly arrived and became the inspirational leader.

So when Murph stepped down they had a conundrum. The natural leader in Doc in a Hodge-esque general behind the play kind of way, or the inspirational lead by example leader of Cripps - who was also vocal about wanting the job. They gave it to both, which maybe could've worked as they went about it differently.. Then Doc did his knee again.

It's a shame for Doc because he was clearly the natural successor to Murphy, but the way things happened - time out of the game and Cripps coming on at the same time and having a year as sole skipper without Doc - conspired against him and has now made it rather difficult for him to have any real impact on the team as co-captain.

He's gone from the natural heir apparent to awkwardly trying to fit in around another guy.

My point being this core isn’t getting it done. He is a big part of the current core. He undoubtedly has a few good years left, I just can’t see him being a core part of a premiership. I’d rather him go back to WA now and grab a good return for him.
Burn the house down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a mate of Cripps. End March I asked him re Cripps to WA. He said he wouldn’t go back til after footy.

I’d imagine Cripps has his limits though. If the usual cohort of CFC supporters in tandem with the the yobbo media continue the hysterics (eg harassing his partner on social media), they’ll get their wish come true

There is actually more to trusttheprocess's latest training rumour:
  • A UFO appeared and shone down its tractor beam directly onto the middle of Princes Park. Jacob Weitering intercepted the beam, kidnapped an alien and conducted some medical experiments.
  • Brodie Kemp appeared to land awkwardly and re-injure his foot. Some think it was a prank and have been calling it a fake moon boot landing.
  • Jack Carroll got a paper cut on his uninjured thumb. Dr blue 1 recommended immediate amputation using a butter knife and then Woosha banned Carroll from training after he politely enquired about being sent off under the blood rule.
  • Someone sneezed next to Caleb Marchbank and he dispersed into thin air like a 193cm piece of dandelion fuzz.
  • Cripps demanded that the AFL introduce a trade period in between rounds 5 and 6 so he could demand to be traded to WA immediately.
    • He also demanded that the trade include all WA-sourced players (Fisher, SPS, McGovern, Carroll, Martin)
    • Fogarty and Honey were also included as Cripps thought the Western Jets were a WA team.
    • Trade is dependent on offering David Mundy a 20-year contract, including Matt Taberner (but only on pre-2020 form), Sandilands coming out of retirement to solve our lack of ruck depth and a renegotiation of iron ore royalties and the GST distribution received by WA.
    • The list management team denied the trade, but was overruled by Cain Liddle (advised by Kim Hagdorn, Peter Sumich and Kane Cornes). Liddle also convinced Syd Jackson to come out of retirement to solve our small forward dearth and to try and sell more memberships. The MC signed off on that but plan to play him as a lockdown small defender.

Last edited:
Not a bluemour, but I reckon we should look to recruit Pat Lipinksi from the Bulldogs. Not getting a regular gig due to the stacked dog's midfield, but is a classy player with a great work ethic, who would slot beautifully onto our wing. I reckon our second could get it done and he fills an important hole in our list.

Not a bluemour but I reckon we should look to recruit Pat Lipinksi from the Bulldogs. Not getting a regular gig due to the stacked dog's midfield, but is a classy player with a great work ethic who would slot beautifully onto our wing. I reckon our second could get it done and he fills an important hole in our list.

Is a fringe(ish) player in the bulldog's star-studded midfield.

He'd add more to us than the doggies would lose.

Win-win.

There is actually more to trusttheprocess's latest training rumour:
  • A UFO appeared and shone down its tractor beam directly onto the middle of Princes Park. Jacob Weitering intercepted the beam, kidnapped an alien and conducted some medical experiments.
  • Brodie Kemp appeared to land awkwardly and re-injure his foot. Some think it was a prank and have been calling it a fake moon boot landing.
  • Jack Carroll got a paper cut on his uninjured thumb. Dr blue 1 recommended immediate amputation using a butter knife and then Woosha banned Carroll from training after he politely enquired about being sent off under the blood rule.
  • Someone sneezed next to Caleb Marchbank and he dispersed into thin air like a 193cm piece of dandelion fuzz.
  • Cripps demanded that the AFL introduce a trade period in between rounds 5 and 6 so he could demand to be traded to WA immediately.
    • He also demanded that the trade include all WA-sourced players (Fisher, SPS, McGovern, Carroll, Martin)
    • Fogarty and Honey were also included as Cripps thought the Western Jets were a WA team.
    • Trade is dependent on offering David Mundy a 20-year contract, including Matt Taberner (but only on pre-2020 form), Sandilands coming out of retirement to solve our lack of ruck depth and a renegotiation of iron ore royalties and the GST distribution received by WA.
    • The list management team denied the trade, but was overruled by Cain Liddle (advised by Kim Hagdorn, Peter Sumich and Kane Cornes). Liddle also convinced Syd Jackson to come out of retirement to solve our small forward dearth and to try and sell more memberships. The MC signed off on that but plan to play him as a lockdown small defender.

no deal unless we get mathew Pavlich

No we’re not a sh*t club

We made him what he is. His development started at princes park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How so? We don't do development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back