Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes I do. Can you get in touch with what a defeat accepting soft supporter you have become. Amazing how acceptable it is for a captain to string out the Carlton football club on a contract. What does it tell you. Could you imagine: Kouta, Jezza, the Dom, Bradley or Kernahan doing that? I don't even think Murphy did it

IIRC - Don’t think Kouta meets your criteria............

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I think I read on the AFL app (or maybe it was SEN website) that someone in the media said "Wallis would be a good fit for the Blues"

This could potentially be where the rumour came from so not sure how much truth is behind it.

Perfect fit.

We like giving contracts to old small forwards who used to be good.............

I was very keen on Wallis a few years back when he was a free agent.

At 29 he doesn't have the same appeal but I'd still take him. He's too good a footballer to not be playing senior footy and there's no reason why he couldn't give us a few years of very good service.

I like it.

With Murph, Betts, and possibly Levi all out the door at the end of the year it would certainly make sense to add a veteran presence with 2-3 years left at the top level to the forward line. Without that type of addition, you're really looking at an injury-prone McGovern and still young Harry McKay as the veterans up forward.

He can also slide into the midfield so would be a handy rotations player.

Sep 28, 2013
Macedon Ranges
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it is good for Stocker to experience what it feels like for a defender to have to try and stop a forward being served on a platter because midfield pressure is bad. He would come to understand very quickly why running power = defensive capability for midfielders and for him to play on ball will require both better endurance and commitment to pressure without ball in hand.

Commentators focus on mids who kick goals - teammates value mids who make tackles o help out in defence as much if not more.

Super post JAB

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ed Richards?

Yeah, we're slowly recruiting every player we thought we should have taken in the draft. Thus we made an offer for Cerra because we could have taken him and took Dow instead, and now Richards because we took O'Brien.

We will not however, be chasing Josh Schache.

Last edited:
It has been my opinion since the end of last year. I could be wrong but why hasn't he signed

Because pretty much every single big-name player drags out contract talks in their 8th season.
1st year of FA eligibility is the biggest opportunity a player will have in their career to extract max $ contract.

Same as Ferris did to the Carlton board..

He took all our cash in Bigfooty Free Agency, we can't even afford
an updated background without the retired Kade Simpson and the one foot out the door Tayla Harris on it.. :winkv1:

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I just wonder how much it hurts Crippa to see all the talk of Walshy now being our best player
He's only human. I'm sure Crippa will get back to his best. He has shown glimpses. You need more than one star to win a flag.
We need them both firing. I hope whatever it is ..that it is mendable.
Love the Crippa. :carlton:

Hope it fires Cripps competitive juices

Ferris took all our cash in Bigfooty Free Agency, we can't even afford
an updated background without the retired Kade Simpson and the one foot out the door Tayla Harris on it.. :winkv1:

I just want to retire as a one-board poster...

then ******* sign and stop ******* odn & aph about.............if you haven't signed by the bye, everyone will just presume you are gone to the csc or tc........

I decided to stay with BF, as it offered me better post-retirement options vs TC...

... Like not being blinded by a horrendous colour scheme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back