Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. It was always going to be a discount on salary and trade value.

As soon as it became public knowledge they had cap problems and were willing to pay part of his salary they lost all leverage and were never going to get a fair trade.

Whoever was willing to deal with then was always going to get a bargain.

Well....if you only have one bidder then ur fkd.
The pies were waiting for another club to come in and it didn’t happen, that says everything about enough concerns to turn clubs off.

He’s a good footballer, worth way more than 500k on dogs books and really bugger all in trade value

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This Williams conversation is cool and all, what did the tigers give up for Yarran? How did that work out? How long after did they win the premiership.... Didn't set them back much...

We'll be fine, Williams will contribute and changes will be made if he can't, carlton will keep improving.

I think we need to give Williams some time before we judge him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kinda goes against your defence of Barker that response doesn't it? AR might be telling Teague they're fine to play, we don't know.

Doesn't go against it at all, if a player is ruled out, it's health and well being, Coach has no say

Could you imagine the law suit?

Player says he isn't concussed, but Doc rules him out, Coach can't override that call

This Williams conversation is cool and all, what did the tigers give up for Yarran? How did that work out? How long after did they win the premiership.... Didn't set them back much...

We'll be fine, Williams will contribute and changes will be made if he can't, carlton will keep improving.
They're not like for like situations tbf.

We paid more in terms of salary, which could complicate things. The Tigers basically whiffed on a draft pick which happens to every team every year.

Like the media have said, he's on $850k a year and you have Cripps and McKay both out of contract right now with Walsh next year. No way any of those 3 should be on less that Zac and they're well within their rights to tell Carlton that. I could see Cripps maybe taking a bit less to stay, but I doubt McKay will given the offers he'll be receiving elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the media have said, he's on $850k a year and you have Cripps and McKay both out of contract right now with Walsh next year. No way any of those 3 should be on less that Zac and they're well within their rights to tell Carlton that. I could see Cripps maybe taking a bit less to stay, but I doubt McKay will given the offers he'll be receiving elsewhere.

Ì don't put too much stock in what people in the media say he's on. I'd imagine that he's getting paid more for the first year of his çontract than what he will be paid for the rest of his term.

Ì don't put too much stock in what people in the media say he's on. I'd imagine that he's getting paid more for the first year of his çontract than what he will be paid for the rest of his term.
I don't think they'd be that far off.

I agree on the front loading part of it. Seems to be the way we're structuring things these days.

How about we play Williams hbf where he plays his best football or at least send him back there till he gets his form back i also think Cottrell should play as a defensive wingmen and get back and play an extra defender we just need to do something to stop opposition scoring so easily against us i don't know how a backline that actually looks good on paper gets such high scores kicked against. I think its team defensive especially midfield thats making it hard for a defenders
This is why a have huge doubts over our coaching

They're not like for like situations tbf.

We paid more in terms of salary, which could complicate things. The Tigers basically whiffed on a draft pick which happens to every team every year.

Meh, media doesn't know his contract after year 1 it's always guess work, especially on structure and how much of it is performanced based incentives etc. He may 'only' take home half that if he doesn't clock x amount of games played in a year. All I'm saying is his contract wont have stuffed us whatsoever, we knew Walsh and Mckay would need big salaries soon. There'd be money for them for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back