Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this reminds me... Something I would love to see happen... Carlton is the only big team without one or more major lobbying voice in the media - pies have Eddie, * have Robbo and RoCo, tigers have Ralph and Caro, there are also many others, and all the other Victorian clubs are also well represented by a variety of ex players in big media gigs. It seems to me a major reason why these clubs get away with sh*t while if Carlton steps even slightly out of line we get blasted, and if we have the temerity to ask the afl for anything (e.g. a priority pick after our 2 win season) they shoot us down. Sellers is the only ex Carlton guy around, but thinks its his job to pile on us as well (he can p*ss off).

Since openly supporting Carlton seems taboo these days I have another idea. Since Mathieson has big bucks he is dying to spend, he can buy the support of a really big voice, whose job is not to support Carlton per se, but make some noise about issues like this latest Beams/Collingwood one. Hold these other teams to proper account, make sure they cannot sweep sh*t under the rug in secret deals with the AFL.

Carlton have Tim Lane, Andrew Maher, Dave Hughes, Sam Pang, Andy Lee . . .

Marc ‘Sellers’ McClure was a past captain and premiership player. He bleeds Blue and deserves respect, I think.

Last edited:
Carlton have Tim Lane, Andrew Maher, Dave Hughes, Sam Pang, Andy Lee , Sam Maclure. . .

Mark ‘Sellers’ McClure was a past captain and premiership player. He bleeds Blue and deserves respect, I think.

Don’t forget the deal u cant refuse Cat
yep, the big hairy cat, plus dunstall was a nutjob blues supporter growing up in qld and always gives us a good run.........

He was really bloody good tonight, but my point is our team and midfield is in need of younger players with speed spread and skill... no doubt his a very good player besides him being a very good accumulator of the ball he’s 28yrs and i wouldn’t be blowing any sort of a highish top end pick on him...

Our midfield is bereft of players that defend, mentally and physically.
We spread and attack fine, that’s not the issue.
Mitchell brings nothing to us that will actually improve the deficient parts of our game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the issue with people on this forum. You provide Information and then get shot down for it. Usual suspects that continue to believe the club is in good shape.
So the club isn’t impressed with Murphy after he was dropped and made medical sub but yet he plays the following week and he brags about his loyalty and how he deserves 300 games
So his punishment , for being selfish , picked in the 22 against the eagles

dow gets 4 clearances against the drugcheats in 15 mins and gets injured and subbed out , his reward for showing promise , get dropped and go back to the reserves for the next month

greet club Carlton !! Really showing so much consistently bad culture decisions , we know asa club we are good at that

So the club isn’t impressed with Murphy after he was dropped and made medical sub but yet he plays the following week and he brags about his loyalty and how he deserves 300 games
So his punishment , for being selfish , picked in the 22 against the eagles

dow gets 4 clearances against the drugcheats in 15 mins and gets injured and subbed out , his reward for showing promise , get dropped and go back to the reserves for the next month

greet club Carlton !! Really showing so much consistently bad culture decisions , we know asa club we are good at that
Dow also had a hamstring strain from training which is why he wasn't in against the ducks or the weagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep, the big hairy cat, plus dunstall was a nutjob blues supporter growing up in qld and always gives us a good run.........
Must have hated kicking all those goals against us... but that's football!

Our midfield is bereft of players that defend, mentally and physically.
We spread and attack fine, that’s not the issue.
Mitchell brings nothing to us that will actually improve the deficient parts of our game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Disagree on our midfielders spreading and attacking well, it’s a major problem we have... on Mitchell his a bloody great player but at his age now 28 I’m not giving away a first rounder on him we can use that much better on something else that gives us better long term value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back