Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin isn’t lazy. He’s a ferocious tackler and very aggressive around the contest.
He has a surprisingly big engine, too (from someone who played juniors with him).

He’s playing HFF flank in a sh*t team - Gary Ablett Snr would struggle to get involved the way we’re going the past month. Playing that role consistently week in week out is nigh on impossible, and it’s why players that do, like Toby Green, are considered elite.

A week in the VFL returning from injury probably wouldn’t have hurt, but everyone was screaming for he and Fish to come in for Murphy and Gibbons anyways, so…

FWIW, I think he needs a big run on the ball. Get him defensive side of the stoppage. He’s a good tackler and has great hands.
I think he needs to finish his rehab. He's got more strapping than tutankhamen

There are other more serious real life issues that bleed into and frustate you as a player or worker etc etc.

Pretty naive comment to think that his win/loss percentage in isolation or even football is whats causing his issues.

Life's real
Footy is a job

Deal with it

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Life becomes real when you do big dance footy
ask gibbo at $15 bucks an hour or many other like him.

Footy is a part time job in the dvfl and $500 per week

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier. Caller on Guessen apparently sitting nearby overheard an animated conversation between Mathieson and SOS. Ross Lyon was the sole topic of discussion. SOS pushing hard. When questioned re the veracity of his story, said he had photos.
Yeah, nah.

I've got photo's as well....mainly of Paige Spironac though

Martin isn’t lazy. He’s a ferocious tackler and very aggressive around the contest.
He has a surprisingly big engine, too (from someone who played juniors with him).

He’s playing HFF flank in a sh*t team - Gary Ablett Snr would struggle to get involved the way we’re going the past month. Playing that role consistently week in week out is nigh on impossible, and it’s why players that do, like Toby Green, are considered elite.

A week in the VFL returning from injury probably wouldn’t have hurt, but everyone was screaming for he and Fish to come in for Murphy and Gibbons anyways, so…

FWIW, I think he needs a big run on the ball. Get him defensive side of the stoppage. He’s a good tackler and has great hands.

Not I, thought it was stupid to bring in someone not able to much running at all for 8 weeks. Clearly shown he’s nowhere near fit enough when he came back and it’s hurt the team.
We need to start bringing guys back into the senior team absolutely cherry ripe and fit, Honey is a good option to replace him this week, and the reserves is a good option for Martin for many reasons including playing in the guts for 80% of games for a couple of weeks then look at bringing him back in if his form warrants it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's clearly not fit, and was rushed back into the team. Should have a couple of weeks in the 2s and come back when he's ready.

Carroll looked great, but he also looked insipid a few weeks back. Very promising performance on the weekend though and if he was able to back it up for at least 3 weeks, we might see him get a senior debut.
Didn’t defensively chase out of 2nd gear, his best game but nowhere near like 3/4 of our list can’t or refuses too actually chase...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Samo was much better this week, certainly work rate was way up on his lasting outing.
Same, as a midfielder heading in the right direction but his defensive chasing is still crap, like Dow... just wish both kids would absolutely show more of an aggressive nature in hunting the football/contest...

Carroll looked great, but he also looked insipid a few weeks back. Very promising performance on the weekend though and if he was able to back it up for at least 3 weeks, we might see him get a senior debut.
Sorry Zee, agree miss read your original post, exact same thoughts just wanted to say his defensive pressure like most of our list has a heap of work to do... 👍

Watching his direct opponent run last him and up the ground to get involved in a scoring chain while Martin just glances his way doesn't really fill me with confidence in what you are saying.

Having said that, it's easy to pick and choose with vision. We don't know what Martin did immediately prior to that. Maybe he was at the end of repeat efforts and was stuffed, couldn't go. I hope that's the case, rather than being able to but choosing not to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back