Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Exactly. Teague needs clarity. The latest rumour suggests the whole footy department are able to give a speech to save their jobs. If this is true AND we have approached potential coaches, this doesn't look very good on us.

Disclaimer: I would name Harry in the AA side, but....(and this might get me slammed on here)....

Harry easily kicked the most goals, but contributes little else. Players like Hawkins contribute more goal assists, score involvements etc.

He also doesn't have the greatest body language and often gives up when he is beaten in a contest or fails to earn a free kick.

I could argue that if I was building a forward line around some key forwards, McKay might not be the #1 chosen (this season, I don't mean for the future).

*runs away before the tomatoes hit me*

Anyone capable of speaking about Carlton in a fair and unbiased fashion would completely agree with this ….. so you better keep running!

FWIW, he wouldn’t be in my AA team and def wouldn’t be my number one picked if building a team.. I have an even more extreme view with what I would do with Harry, but am looking forward to seeing what he produces under Clarko.

Either we think Teague can coach or we don't.

If we are waiting on Clarkson to decide if Teague is staying or going, then we are making the wrong decision.

If we are appointing Lyon if Clarkson says no, then we can release Teague instead of drawing this out.

Clarkson may or may not have made up his mind and the club may or may not be interested and may or may not be inclined to give him less or more if any time to let them know - all conjecture atm but the situation isn't transparent to anyone.

I think Lyon being appointed is subject to Clarkson's decision and even then, given the circumstances regarding Clarkson above- detailed discussions may or may not have been commenced, finalised or agreed with Lyon - or any other candidate we may or may not be aware of ...

Teague being 'released' is itself an open question - for sure the utterances of Teague following the GWS game indicate that he feels his time may be up - and the howlings from Teague's manager Pickering regarding Lyon ( which were over the top and inaccurate) indicate that the Club is moving on from Teague - however all that needs to be negotiated and subject to better/alternative choices actually being available...

Right now without clarity about Clarkson ( who is first preference apparently) the Club can't finalise with any other alternative - Clarkson has just finished his last game at Hawthorn - is he entitled to some thinking time? If so how much?

All parties would be aware of these dynamics and any announcements would be subject to actually having a plan to announce. The Club is aobviouslygiving Clarkson time - hwo much no one knows and in teh mean time it can all wait

Which is why I have always thought that Lyon was the better choice right now.

The waiting media are frothing at the mouth for rock solid info..
There are more opinions here than there are varieties of Italian smallgoods.

This to me suggest the Club has followed this process as THEY wanted. Some may not like the outcome, but I don't think the process can be questioned.

Well said....I hope the club is taking a measured approach to the review findings & strong leadership won't allow the media d*ckheads to dictate timeframes.

Exactly. Teague needs clarity. The latest rumour suggests the whole footy department are able to give a speech to save their jobs. If this is true AND we have approached potential coaches, this doesn't look very good on us.

How have you jumped from "review findings being presented to Football Department" to "the whole footy department are able to give a speech to save their jobs"?

Not sure why all the tantys....
The review is presented to the board to consider. The board isn't going to listen to the presentation, storm immediately out of the boardroom and frog-march Teague out the door.
The board has now had 1.5 weeks to consider the review (not a very long time, tbh). They have waited for the season to end. Decisions and actions will now follow.......
I don't see what else the club could have done...............
So, everyone calm the **** down. Let's wait to see what happens and cut the club at least a little slack to allow the club to take care of what is a pretty important and sensitive task ahead.

I agree. I was asking a mate a few weeks ago, could this be the first year that the Coleman medallist actually doesn't make the AA side. He has kicked the most goals, yes, but hasn't set the world on fire. I believe it is a backhanded compliment anyway, because, he has so much room for improvement.
McKay 58 goals to 54 goals to Hawkins in 3 less games. And don't forget against WC he was off the ground before quarter time. In effect 18 games. In other games he was carrying a shoulder. He has thumped Hawkins.

Speech to save jobs isn't quite correct. They are allowed to give their thoughts/opinions/fixes on the review findings. Even after these the board can still turn around and say thanks but no thanks.

The review is focusing on the whole footy department. Some staff that remain post review could likely have some small short findings called out in the review but a proper development plan/self awareness can help fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay 58 goals to 54 goals to Hawkins in 3 less games. And don't forget against WC he was off the ground before quarter time. In effect 18 games. In other games he was carrying a shoulder. He has thumped Hawkins.

I don't get the whole idea that Hawkins contributes so much more in other ways that it offsets the goal difference. He is not a Pavlich / Reiwoldt who went up the ground and averaged 18+ possessions and approx 8-10 marks. Hawkins averages 13 touches a game this year and 5 marks, barely more then Harry. Yes he has a couple of extra goal assists but Harry has kicked more goals, despite playing 4 less games.

Don't be that guy. You know exactly where you're trying to go with that comment.

I actually agree with Eddie working with all colours because of somethingEddie said in his farewell speech along the lines of a white player condemning racism has more impact (in some circles) than Eddie saying it.
So Eddie works with all young players to get them to actively advocate for no racism, it would speed up the process in my opinion.

Do you ask why Pediatricians only work with infants and not just people of any age?

Perhaps Eddie would like to work with a section of the community, that has a greater need for support and one where he knows the challenges first hand.

Or maybe, he’s a grown up and can choose who he works with.
Or perhaps Eddie would like to educate all youngsters entering the system. I know all new recruits entering the system have the mandatory training, but given that it is still happening, maybe a different approach. An 18 year old talking with a recently retired 350 game champion may have a more positive effect than what they currently do.

I'm a 10 minute drive from Princes Park - should I drive down and chuck a whole roast chook at Tom Browne on my lunchbreak? Wonder if that's an essential reason to leave home..

If the cops ask, just say you're an Uber Eats driver delivering Tom his lunch:

bert-and-ernie-bert.gif

I actually agree with Eddie working with all colours because of somethingEddie said in his farewell speech along the lines of a white player condemning racism has more impact (in some circles) than Eddie saying it.
So Eddie works with all young players to get them to actively advocate for no racism, it would speed up the process in my opinion.

That's not what that other poster was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back