Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I know you lot are getting excited, I am mentally preparing myself for Brad Scott and anyone or anything else is an unexpected bonus.

Make Brad grow out his hair and beard, we'll just tell everyone it is Chris.

This doesnā€™t sound right. Iā€™m outside of Australia (in NYC) and things are pretty much normal and people traveling and flights are full etc. You can watch Broadway shows, go out for dinner, go to sports stadiums etc. Friends are traveling to Europe for vacations etc. Iā€™ve been doing work trips across the country. Either Clarkson has absolutely no idea whatā€™s going on outside of Australia or this statement is false.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shuddddup don't tell Clarko that

Serios question, who knows their way around the soft cap rules? If we pay $15m for 6 years let's call that $2m a season plus CPI. Not much left for support staff.
Maybe all members sitting in the front row will have to go and fill up the water bottles at the end of each qrtr.
Seriously, what would be the rough allocations of the soft cap after a big commitment to senior coach?
CB

Trying to keep expectations in check. But for what itā€™s worthā€¦ I posted Clarkson to the blues 2 weeks ago before the media circus. Once the media hit, I assumed the mail was off the mark. BUT, my source (who has been very accurate this past year) is still adamant itā€™s a done deal and is getting a good laugh at the media circus.

Time will tell.

Serios question, who knows their way around the soft cap rules? If we pay $15m for 6 years let's call that $2m a season plus CPI. Not much left for support staff.
Maybe all members sitting in the front row will have to go and fill up the water bottles at the end of each qrtr.
Seriously, what would be the rough allocations of the soft cap after a big commitment to senior coach?
CB
There is a 75 cent tax for every dollar spent over the soft cap( currently $6.7 mil, down from $9.7 mil). We can pay as much as we like, just get a huge tax bill.

CB
Plus no matter what happens next season weā€™ll be paying for two senior coaches. That would explain why Carlton is keen for Hawthorn to cover as much of Clarko's salary if we get him.

I assume the thinking is that the soft cap will increase a lot post pandemic though

Plus no matter what happens next season weā€™ll be paying for two senior coaches. That would explain why Carlton is keen for Hawthorn to cover as much of Clarko's salary if we get him.

I assume the thinking is that the soft cap will increase a lot post pandemic though

Na, Teague 6 month payout. Over and done with by Feb 22.

Just changing tac for a momentā€¦one bloke who I reckon would be great in some sort of coaching capacity when he finishes up as a player, maybe senior assistant, is Zac Tuohy. Heard a couple of interviews after the game this week and heā€™s very impressive and knows a lot about the game. Gives proper answers when asked about tactics and movements in the game.

Trying to keep expectations in check. But for what itā€™s worthā€¦ I posted Clarkson to the blues 2 weeks ago before the media circus. Once the media hit, I assumed the mail was off the mark. BUT, my source (who has been very accurate this past year) is still adamant itā€™s a done deal and is getting a good laugh at the media circus.

Time will tell.

Hope this is the case. But what will be will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time will tell.

I'm as confident that we will sign Clarko as I was when we got Cogs and Shiel. 110% confident.

Time will tell.
This does not keep expectations in check. The opposite. And I like it

Teagues payout has been reported at 200k. Means a $1.6m annual uplift in expenditure. We can't have had much headroom left after a $3.0m cut.
Pretty lean on support staff..or a big tax bill.
CB

Teagues payout has been reported at 200k. Means a $1.6m annual uplift in expenditure. We can't have had much headroom left after a $3.0m cut.
Pretty lean on support staff..or a big tax bill.
CB
The only way we pull any of this off will be copping significant soft cap tax for many, many years. I'm fine with that though. Let's see how the AFL respond. Changing the rules without notice is pretty standard for them.

Appreciate all these rumours from posters, but with all this noise apparently going around you would think B70 would have heard something. But no, so my money is Clarkson will take his $900,000 holiday.

B70 did say that he was limiting his info recently. Silence is different from refuting the claims. He may not know, or he may prefer not to share.

I know this news has somewhat broken already but for what itā€™s worth, spoke to a club administrator who keeps their cards very close to their chest normally.

Interesting points:

- Teague lost the players last year in the hub, when issues re game plan were brought up by players, they fell on deaf ears.

- this fractured a lot of relationships

- Teague became particularly bitter and nasty towards not only players, but staff that had nothing to do with his termination. The feeling was that heā€™d completely lost the plot (understandable imo)

Had to read between the lines on the following*

- Lyon highly unlikely

- Cook is waiting for geelongs finals campaign to be over before signing but is more or less done

- Carlton will not let Clarkson walk away from this

- both Scott brothers are options 2 and 3 but like I said, they wonā€™t let go of Clarkson and Cook is seen as somewhat of a key piece to that

From the conversation, my overall feeling was that (and this wasnā€™t my opinion pre convo) moving on from Teague was 100% the right decision.
Also, the club is not in as bad a shape as being portrayed, and actually quite the opposite. This is a bit of a line in the sand moment for us. Sayers is the right person for the jobā€¦ There is hope
100%

B70 did say that he was limiting his info recently. Silence is different from refuting the claims. He may not know, or he may prefer not to share.
I thought Clarko was having year off because of family his son doing year 12 next year whatā€™s he shipping them all off that wonā€™t help his sons studies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back