Too much galloping today.
Can confirm

9A039E2E-D77E-40F9-91ED-076B65149FDB.gif

Crippablues

Senior List
Aug 15, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
As an outsider I truly don't know how Hamill is rated, but looking at his resume, this kind of has a hint of us getting desperate to hire assistants and there being few good options left. We left it really late, lots of highly rated assistants have already moved clubs.

It's almost October and until Hamill we hadn't hired a single assistant and we need to hire an entire group.

Noticed in the article it says he is the backline coach but with a focus on team defence...can't say I've been impressed with St Kilda's team defence.
This is incorrect. We has sewn up Hamill over 4 weeks ago when there were still plenty of quality coaches still about and available. I know this for an absolute fact because I posted a rumour in this thread on the 28th of August saying that Hamill was going to join the club in some coaching capacity. One of my good mates did a job for him and told him he would be joining Carlton. As I said, this happened over a month ago now so it wasn't just desperation, we wanted him!

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
We desperately need a tactic based coach
Old school effort based leaders are great
But against well tactically coached teams we will have our strengths nullified
I’m starting to worry about the quality of our assistants
Hopefully we get someone from a successful
Program to bring some tactics across

As I mentioned a little while ago...

You'd think tactics and game plan would be something covered with Voss during the interview process......

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
What I've done there is present a complete picture. I'm not interested in an argument; if I was, it would've happened a few posts ago, instead of informing you that I didn't agree.

I didn't agree then, and I still don't now.
Didn't agree that his career was underwhelming, then presented a larger picture as to why he didn't have the career he could have.

Sounds like we agree tbh.

Jorge

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Yep Vossy & Hamill are old fashioned beat the chest types - which is fine. Need a couple of footy geeks amongst them.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Didn't agree that his career was underwhelming, then gave several reasons why he didn't have the career he could have.

Sounds like we agree tbh.
It sounds like you're intent on being right, rather than discussing things. I don't think that his career was underwhelming at all, but that his potential was higher than his output. I rather would've thought this was clear by the posts I've made.

If you want to argue, find someone else to do it with. I would be watching the cricket, but lightning's cut that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back