Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is McGovern the highest paid player in blues history? 650-800k annually for an average of 8 games per year. And some of those games he has been unfit.

Last edited by a moderator:

With contracts in the AFL, from a player perspective there is a senior games played component in their contracts right? If so, does McGovern’s payments become substantially lower given the inability to get on the park? Or, is it a huge base salary with small incrementals for matches played? Or, is it simply a base salary?

Most senior guys wouldnt be payed based on games played. Just base salary and maybe a small incentive component.

Most senior guys wouldnt be payed based on games played. Just base salary and maybe a small incentive component.
I'd be gobsmacked if, once a player's contract exceeds $500K, there weren't significant performance elements to payments beyond that figure.

But no more recruiting injury prone players with egos thinking they can make them good
So smart recruiting now

I think for a time we couldn't be picky about who we recruited. Not sure players were banging down the door to join us.

Now (and following on from Cerra /Hewett), we can afford to be pickier. We have fewer holes to fill and I think we are much more appealing to potential recruits.

No more desperate and dateless balls for us...

I mean
We have a genuine dilemma
Dow would be playing if we hadn’t recruited Cerra and Hewitt
It’s just a shame that Cerra and Hewitt have a better game than Dow
So to let his contract expire and he walk for more opportunities you can’t blame him
But we give a year extension
At good money because he isn’t in 1’s at least we get something back because he’s contracted and a super depth player
Just makes sense what they did

I mean
So to let his contract expire and he walk for more opportunities you can’t blame him
At good money because he isn’t in 1’s at least we get something back because he’s contracted and a super depth player
Oh, we were talking about McGovern

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean
Im pretty sure he was extended before this year so doubt it had anything to do with those factors. But very lucky for us it has worked our this way.

In my experience, journo's are just lazy liars (even though I've never had any personal involvement with one of them)
never exert themselves to expose the truth, just take the easy path.
ridiculous generalisation

Makes sweeping statements about entire industries whilst also complaining about laziness.
The self-awareness is strong..
What about divorce lawyers?
EKHiv-.gif

My opinion is based on several personal experiences, and no doubt there's a couple of decent one's hiding out there somewhere.
Nick McKenzie goes alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back