Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
Rumour - Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Did the silly ladder predictor thing again - good news is we win the flag.
Win 3 of the last 4 (drop Brisbane), including beat the Pies in the last game to secure fourth position. Swans lose to both Collingwood and Saints and Freo are freefalling.
We play Geelong in qualifying and lose. Beat the Bulldogs in the semi after they knock Pies out, then knock off the Lions in the prelim at the Gabba after learning from the rnd 22 loss. Meet our bunnies Melbourne in the granny after Geelong choke in the other prelim.
Tell me it won't happen.
It's written in the stars.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The reason we kept playing Boyd even when initially he didn't show a lot is the reason we would be very interested in someone like Baker. Baker is competitive, quick, adaptable, great by foot, very good reader of play. Boyd was starting to show some of these attributes. Hopefully Boyd or Williams can be back for finals in some meaningful way if we make it.

We are not getting Baker by the sounds of it, but someone like him would give more balance than a key at the moment.

If McGovern & Marchbank keep breaking down then we may need more help. But Durdin is there to cover Weitering/Young. We also have a developing 3rd tall in Kemp.
We looked our best this year (IMO) with Doc, Saad and Boyd in the back half.

We looked our best this year (IMO) with Doc, Saad and Boyd in the back half.
Couldn’t agree more … I was a bit skeptical re Boyd but he really worked on his game and imo greatly improved our defensive rebound as well as his hardness at the contest … would be an asset if he played again this year …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think obrien is a better player than Sholl but im not against picking him up with a token pick
My wish that the club announce long term deals for Charlie and Harry before the finals
We have two wing spots to fill.. no reaosn O'Brien, Sholl and Cottrell cant rotate across two wings.

Couldn’t agree more … I was a bit skeptical re Boyd but he really worked on his game and imo greatly improved our defensive rebound as well as his hardness at the contest … would be an asset if he played again this year …
Don't know if we'll see Boyd in 1s again this year. According to the Bletch report, earliest availability is 2nd week of finals. As it is, Williams has some work to do to play again if availability is R23. It'll be a big ask to be match fit, coming back to finals intensity.

I don't have any idea where the Baker rumor started. Even if he wanted to come to us we wouldn't have nearly the amount of cash he'd be offered elsewhere.

We have some pretty basic priorities at this stage:

• Re-sign our own
  • Hit the draft and keep a very strong age profile throughout the list so there are no gaps
  • Trade for secondary types (moneyball, budget) who fill out gaps in the best 22 and depth
The nucleus for something very special is already there. Without getting too ahead of ourselves we can slowly begin transitioning into a phase where continuous improvement and longevity is the primary focus.

Would be curious on your reasons why.

Is there something about him you genuinely do not like, or is the lack of interest and excitement predicated on a lack of information?
I just don’t feel he offers us something that we don’t already have. Just my opinion, nothing against him personally

Under current AFL rules, we cannot trade our first round pick this year, after having traded it the past 2 years in a row.

I am happy about this because there is some decent KPD stock in this draft, in fact I would love us to move up in the first round pecking order to try snag Busslinger if possible

Under current AFL rules, we cannot trade our first round pick this year, after having traded it the past 2 years in a row.

I am happy about this because there is some decent KPD stock in this draft, in fact I would love us to move up in the first round pecking order to try snag Busslinger if possible

Buzz_Lightyear.png

I think the rule says you have to use 2 first round picks across 4 years? Given that we made 2 first round selections in 2019 we potentially could trade our first round pick this year and still be technically compliant with the rule, unless there's some sort of fine print that would prohibit it.

Probably a moot point though since it sounds like the club has no plans for any major trades this year.

I think the rule says you have to use 2 first round picks across 4 years? Given that we made 2 first round selections in 2019 we potentially could trade our first round pick this year and still be technically compliant with the rule, unless there's some sort of fine print that would prohibit it.

Probably a moot point though since it sounds like the club has no plans for any major trades this year.
Yeah it's a rolling 4 year period, but even then you can ask the AFL for special dispensation to trade it if we weren't "technically" able to. I think West Coast & Geelong have done that in the past & been given the OK

Yeah it's a rolling 4 year period, but even then you can ask the AFL for special dispensation to trade it if we weren't "technically" able to. I think West Coast & Geelong have done that in the past & been given the OK

No one available on the market worth us giving up our first rounder this year (well at this stage anyway, if Ben McKay suddenly become available, then we should talk Turkey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back