Blues, All Class!

Remove this Banner Ad

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi, sorry to post on your board but during the 'off season' not much goes on, hope you forgive me. But just want to let you know how well your club was received in the country town of Benalla today. The whole playing group bar few were here running training drills with the young ones in town and later onto outer town such as 'Goorambat' and 'Tatong'. Then a Dinner night at the Benalla F.C. Just wanted to pass on my appreciation for the way the club handled themselves, just brilliant! A good mate of mine took his 5 year old boy who all ready is a die hard 'blues' supporter down to Benalla. The manager of the group (sorry, i don't know his name) took him into the playing group inside the room and he froze. My mate took him outside and told him it was O.K., the manager came out and my mate told him he only wanted to see 'Juddy'. Juddy came out and spoke with the boy for 5 minutes, the photo of him and the kid is 'priceless' - he's grinning from ear to ear and Juddy is right next to him. I've all ready seen countless photo's of local with all the boys who all were just great in giving their time to all. J.Waite is a local who started here but it is still very primitive conditions. Great to see the blokes in these sort of settings. To see stars in these settings reminds us where all footballers start. GIBBS and JUDD were especially approachable and no one knocked back a photo or autograph. Hard to quantify the impact of such an event on young minds, but for the people in quiet country towns like ours, your club has only reinforced its brand and gained new support. As a die hard 'Bomber', we may be from different tribes but the quality of people in clubs is not too distanced. Very impressed with Carlton today and they have made many new friends.

Thanks for the post mate, no intrusion there. ;)

Good to hear as our track record at running events such as these hasn't been the greatest.

Cheers for the feedback... always good to hear the good oil about events like this.

The Carlton team has always been very supportive of community events and fund raiding events (the bike ride that Waite and Kreuzer went on) and it is good that the team is always approachable.

I know that a lot of footballers when they start playing at the highest level start thinking of themselves as celebrities and hold themselves aloof from the general public.

Thank you & well said.
When we were kids we all loved meeting footy players, so it's good to see it's still filtering through.
Well done CFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great feedback. God knows we cop enough static for every other little thing that occurs, it is so good to know that we have a responsible, community minded club at the moment.

Thanks very much for sharing.

O snap, how hot are we right now? :) Expecting a surge in membership numbers as the season draws nearer.

:thumbsu:

180790_10150100244263334_108959538333_6210546_6682208_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back