Autopsy Blues down by 57 points after woeful first half

Remove this Banner Ad

The only question I have is, Are they overloaded with pointless information? They seem confused and scared to make a mistake which makes them make mistake after mistake
Too many short kicks & why apart from Simmo does no one try and run and break the lines !!

Palmer’s a bitter dickhead but nothing I’ve seen the last couple of years makes me think we’ve got a great culture.

Yes we’ve got some young kids who want to go out and make Carlton better, but that ain’t culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+ves
  • LOB, SPS improving
  • SOS becoming more flexible
-ves
  • Coaching department needs a 66 game rebuild
  • We will get the spoon.
So what do we do to fix this...
  • Invest now in increasing costs in drafting the right talent... need to nail 2018 draft and 2019
  • Trade as many of Lamb, Casboult, Graham, Wright, Rowe that we can even if we get future 3/4th rounders.
  • Enough of worrying about protecting kids.., seniors of Graham, Wright, Rowe, Lamb and Cas really aren’t helping. Play Kids, kids, kids.
  • Review of all departments within the club..

I'm starting to think the concept of a rebuild is pretty flawed.

We could have still built by retaining our first round draft, invested in every player in the squad each year and nailed some more mid-range draft selections.

I don't doubt our performance will improve eventually - we're literally rock bottom - but I don't think the players we've taken with early selections we've traded for are going to be the difference.

We've overcooked the rebuild just a little bit. We've also chased the wrong type of experienced player IMO. Needed some leadership and aggression. Let's face it, why go for 25 year old fringe players when a 30 year old best 22 player is going to help more immediately. Those fringe players aren't there for the long haul anyway.

Last edited:
The problem here is that we have no senior talent with speed and class.

How are our kids going to develop with no support or leadership guiding them?

We have made some huge mistakes in this rebuild. Under estimating the importance of development is one. You can't throw kids to the wolves and expect them to thrive. Why have Sydney and Geelong etc always developed their kids? Why can't we? The answers are pretty obvious.

Wondering what the Demons think

I couldn't give a stuff about the media, all that matters is what is going on internally.

We need to put a line through some names and continue to develop the youth
Agree again i too dont give a stuff about the media what im saying is Boltons message not the media itself but the message he sends .
Not tough enough he's too rosey .
Sometimes using the media as a tool to get the message across can be beneficial .
Not seeing the message on field maybe its time to use the media to put this playing group on notice .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back