News Blues face $1 million black hole as sponsor pulls out

Remove this Banner Ad

What does the letter say?

Dear Carlton football club member,

we have the great pleasure of inviting you and a guest to join Carlton greats David Rhys Jones and David Glascott to a morning tea at Carlton Football Club. Carlton legends John Nicholls and Geoff Southby will also joins us. You will be welcomed by Steven Trigg.

Time and date

We have enclosed a brochure outlining the benefits of Blues forever bequest program and registration details.

The Blues forever Bequest program has hosted many memorable functions that connect lifelong Carlton supporters and their families with greats past and present.

To confirm your attendance, please return your registration form and RSVP in the reply paid envelope. Alternatively, please contact me on (name and number given)

Not a great deal more than what I've said. RSVP and brochure as well. All donations via the bequest program go into an investment fund and the income earned on such investments shall be applied only for the benefit of football programs. If you decide to bequeath an amount to the club you become a member of Blues Forever. While you're alive and kicking this means you receive annual benefits, information and access to the club's bequeath officer.

The brochure also goes on to provide examples of appropriate language to use in your will and it appears that if you want to sign up to the program, you have to indicate the percentage of your estate to be left or nominate a sum that you will leave to the club as well as enclosing a copy of the relevant clause of your will for the club to see.

The brochure also goes on to provide examples of appropriate language to use in your will and it appears that if you want to sign up to the program, you have to indicate the percentage of your estate to be left or nominate a sum that you will leave to the club as well as enclosing a copy of the relevant clause of your will for the club to see.
yeowza

Yuk

Cancer council did something similar years ago..

Cancer council did something similar years ago..
Salvos have been advertising along a similar vein recently as well.

From recent experience I suggest bequeathing cash to a football club, a charity, lost dogs' home, basically anyone, is a waste of time. If eligible members of the deceased's family don't think they are being adequately catered for in a will, the legal system ensures that the wishes of the deceased are ignored & lawyers will stop at nothing in disputing the deceased's wishes. Lesson learnt, don't leave any cash behind, spend it well before your time is up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From recent experience I suggest bequeathing cash to a football club, a charity, lost dogs' home, basically anyone, is a waste of time. If eligible members of the deceased's family don't think they are being adequately catered for in a will, the legal system ensures that the wishes of the deceased are ignored & lawyers will stop at nothing in disputing the deceased's wishes. Lesson learnt, don't leave any cash behind, spend it well before your time is up.

I'm doing my best ;)

sydney swans received a "significant six figure" bequest a couple of years ago. think that they had never had any previous contact with the fan. think that it was well over half a million. could be wrong but they may have used it on their academy and also erected a plaque on his normal seat.

sydney swans received a "significant six figure" bequest a couple of years ago. think that they had never had any previous contact with the fan. think that it was well over half a million. could be wrong but they may have used it on their academy and also erected a plaque on his normal seat.
Still living on handouts then.

I don'y have a problem with clubs having the program, it appears to be a common thing. Not sure how I feel about the promotion of the program though. Having said that, how else do you make it a known and successful endeavour? It's a delicate subject that needs to be approached carefully, but if not approached at all, it's not going to be very successful.

I do like the name Infinity Club for the Swans. Not sure about having a player attached to the name - The Ron Barassi Bequest Society? Surely they could have called it The Ski Trip Fund.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back