Autopsy Blues smashed by Giants. No sugar coating this one.

Which players do you think played well today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The cupboard is bare, untried kids and injured players are all we have left. It hurts to lose like this, not a lot can be changed in the way of personnel.

Hope the club ignores the media vultures, they will be out in force after today.

If you didn’t see this coming, you weren’t looking.

Kennedy, Lang & Cunners need to be brought in next week for Murphy, Setterfield and Dow/LOB.
Need more senior bodies in there, the young mids looked tired.

10 scoring shots.....

I dunno, big Mummy runs through Murph, illegal or not, and the kids are looking sideways.

Cripps flew the flag, but gawd, the few big guys have to physically impose themselves.

Some wouldn’t run, some wouldn’t chase, some couldn’t kick.

I dunno....

I'm lost for words. Feel forlorn. We don't even look like we are at the level. Flicking between this and Hawthorn/Richmond and we just don't cut it. I get we are young. Just don't know what to say or think. I thought we were going in the right direction after the first month. Might cash in membership for an NBA league pass for next year except 10 years is close.

Last edited:
Young midfield got smashed...not enough experience and mature bodies in there. Looked tired from the outset.

We had 7 mids in their first 3 years of AFL today...Walsh, Gibbons, Dow, LOB, Setterfield, SPS & Fisher. Then Murphy got injured as well.
They don't have the running power to keep up with mature teams.

Newman, McKay, JSOS & McGovern our best imo. Not much else.
except they did last week.

the major difference this week though is cripps got tagged. and everyone in australia knew it would happen and bolton did nothing about it.

Oddly, the thing that irritated me most out of this loss was the free kick against Thomas to DeBoer.

Scragging Cripps from the opening bounce, then gets rewarded with a ridiculous free the second he gets some of his own back. Really hate seeing taggers looked after in that manner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS’ timeframe for the full rebuild doesn’t give Bolton a chance to achieve the success rate required to stay on. We will be a very good side but not for a while.
Towards the end of next year hopefully. We came up against a very very good team today.

I joked to my mates last night we’d get belted by 100. Didn’t actually expect it to happen.

Thought we’d lose somewhere in the 20-40 point range.

Didn’t expect a complete joke of a performance like that. 476 disposals to 288. 324 uncontested possessions to 157. 57 tackles to 44 and that flatters us because we were awful in that area early on. Just indicates a complete lack of effort. They ran hard, made repeat efforts and went in hard. We did the complete opposite.

Who is to blame? I don’t know.

But if anyone acts like this was part of the plan to still be putting up rubbish performances like this four years into a rebuild then they’re kidding themselves.

We have a list with awful depth, kids still developing and big holes that leave us at a disadvantage every week.

It is not good enough. Wins matter and always have. We are crying out for some mature players who can play. They see rubbish like today and you think they’re going to want to come to us?

We are currently witnessing a footballing tragedy with Patrick Cripps. A superstar player being horribly wasted at an awfully bad footy club.

They shut down Cripps and the team collapsed. Blueprint for every other team, surely.

Granted Cripps is good enough to work his way through it most weeks, but we simply need more contributors and 'firestarters' to put the game on our terms each week.

Back