Autopsy Blues smashed by Giants. No sugar coating this one.

Which players do you think played well today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf r u talking about. Anyone with a tiny bit of common sense would know this COULD be our worse year. I basically view this as year 1. Bolts has the players he wants, now he needs time to mould them. Maybe he isn’t the man for that. I don’t know and certainly no peanut on here knows. But don’t put words on the clubs mouth. Look at our starting 3 mids for the majority of the game. Crippa walsh (1st year) and Dow(2nd year). So judging by ur comments you just expect them to be dominant afl mids in their first and 2nd years? Or samo and fish in their 3rd? Honestly mate. Get a clue. Even expansion clubs didn’t have this level of inexperience in the middle at one time. All the time. Or charli and harry as kpf’s With 50 games and 20odd games experience to kick 120 between them? Weitering has come on in leaps and bounds. Cunners looks the goods when fit. If you compare the blokes I mentioned to their contemporaries I’m sure they are tracking extremely well. Stop expecting kids to be dominant afl players, u wombat!

Edit: if u think our list makeup is any where near what Brisbane’s is maybe spend less time reading headlines from c grade journos and actually get an understanding your self.
Great post👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Hi Blues fans..I know it was a very tough day for your club & I'm sure Brendan Bolton will be getting pasted and it's to be expected. But I just wanted to show what I saw last night as I passed by the Carlton rooms around 30 minutes after the Blues post-game presser. I spotted Brendan talking to a young Carlton fan. This was well after the game had ended, the rooms empty, the usual flotsam & jetsam of bandages, cups and boot mud on the floor. Afterwards, I went up to the family and asked them about the meeting with Bolts. They told me they were with their son Archie Cronk who has a serious life threatening illness and is a massive Blues fan. Carlton Football Club officials embraced the family and invited Archie into the rooms. He met with Levi Casboult & Patty Cripps and Brendan Bolton. He was given a Carlton jersey and Brendan Bolton gave him his Carlton jacket. It made Archie & his family's day. They must be going through a really tough time. Sure Carlton is having a very awful patch and it's valid to be fired up about it, but I think when you see gestures like last night, it gives you faith in people regardless of the current circumstances. The word Hope comes to mind. There will be better days for Carlton. I've witnessed the GWS boys cop similar pastings year after year and of the 100 point variety. Sometimes it's how you deal with adversity that makes you a champ. Perspectives, etc. I hope Archie gets better and the visit helps. I hope Brendan Bolton and your team win a few more games. All the best.

View attachment 677287
This made my day.

Damn onions always makin me tear up

Ground zero or not, players need to be held accountable for lack of effort and intensity.

Dishing up those kinds of performances takes me back to 2004. IIRC, every time we lost by about 100 pts, we won the week after. Happened quite a few times that year.
This is a valid point when you have an experienced team....young players minds can waver...it's part of maturation

Wtf r u talking about. Anyone with a tiny bit of common sense would know this COULD be our worse year. I basically view this as year 1.

Riddle me this, if it was so obvious that 2019 could be a worse year, then why the heck would we exchange our 1st round pick with Adelaide?

Explain?

That pick swap sure as heck looks like the club backed itself to be a LOT better THIS year. SOS, Agresta, Lloyd, Judd, Bolton all signed off on it. That confidence was due to us being better this year. 2018 was and should be ground zero, not this year.

Note, I liked and supported that exchange, since I too thought we would be a lot better this year.

Doesn't matter if they're young. Its all about what message gets sent to these kids.
The message would be pretty clear......not good enough must give effort etc etc ...bolts is doing a fantastic job by getting the players to review and question each other so they know what is expected by team mates not just from the coach...

Riddle me this, if it was so obvious that 2019 could be a worse year, then why the heck would we exchange our 1st round pick with Adelaide?

Explain?

That pick swap sure as heck looks like the club backed itself to be a LOT better THIS year. SOS, Agresta, Lloyd, Judd, Bolton all signed off on it. That confidence was due to us being better this year. 2018 was and should be ground zero, not this year.

Note, I liked and supported that exchange, since I too thought we would be a lot better this year.

I doubt the club saw us as finishing last (still believe we won't finish bottom 2), nor do I believe that they thought we would escape the bottom 6.

There are so many layers to that trade, more than the simple swap of picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt the club saw us as finishing last (still believe we won't finish bottom 2), nor do I believe that they thought we would escape the bottom 6.

I supported the swap.

Juddy on Classified just said they expected to be higher on the ladder. I suspect internal KPI was to be out of the bottom 4.

My opinion (and what would I know siting here eating kfc at my pc) is that we want to trade our first pick away for a senior player. But you can not do that if its pick 1. What do we need more? Another gun kid or a gun mature age mid? So sos looks at the crows and thinks they will finish low enough to get us a juicy pick to make an attract offer to a club next trade period. So while we may lose access to the best kid in the draft, we get a mature age player(which in my opnion is a greater priority) and liam stocker who I think has as much, if not more upside than walsh!

My opinion (and what would I know siting here eating kfc at my pc) is that we want to trade our first pick away for a senior player. But you can not do that if its pick 1. What do we need more? Another gun kid or a gun mature age mid? So sos looks at the crows and thinks they will finish low enough to get us a juicy pick to make an attract offer to a club next trade period. So while we may lose access to the best kid in the draft, we get a mature age player(which in my opnion is a greater priority) and liam stocker who I think has as much, if not more upside than walsh!

Yeap

Another thing that will become even clearer is the talent last year (best 1st round I have ever seen) compared to this year, which I see similar to 2016.

People will make the comparisons soon enough, but where would Stocker be rated if he was in this draft

Thy I've noticed you've stayed very positive (alternatively indifferent) towards our performances this season.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on where we are heading THIS season and our performances within?
easy, effby - I'm older - seen the cycles - have seen what doesn't work and feel we now need to show that we have REALLY buried this ridiculous entitled arrogance that used to define us - we were basically an extension of elliot's personality - never fear I bought into it too - only problem is, it only flies when you are winning - the game changed, the rules changed and that arrogance and the time it took to minimise it (it still lurks) is why we are where we are - time is the only thing that is going to see us rise again - and patience - and yes we will make mistakes, let's face it, how often have we really done a fair dinkum rebuild without the top-ups, bandaids and hail mary picks? ever? but try telling all that to the "I want it now" brigade.......gotta love carlton footy club........

Nothing earth shattering, surely we still have time to achieve that result?

We do have time.
But, these recent performances, 2 of the past 3, are most concerning.
If we hand Adelaide pick 5 I will be thrilled.

That is true kouta. So the risk of finishing last meant we cant trade. So they took the best course and probably only course of action to get us in the trade market while picking up a beauty in young Stocker. Yes they would be hoping perhaps even expecting we dont come last but couldnt guarantee it.

Hi Blues fans..I know it was a very tough day for your club & I'm sure Brendan Bolton will be getting pasted and it's to be expected. But I just wanted to show what I saw last night as I passed by the Carlton rooms around 30 minutes after the Blues post-game presser. I spotted Brendan talking to a young Carlton fan. This was well after the game had ended, the rooms empty, the usual flotsam & jetsam of bandages, cups and boot mud on the floor. Afterwards, I went up to the family and asked them about the meeting with Bolts. They told me they were with their son Archie Cronk who has a serious life threatening illness and is a massive Blues fan. Carlton Football Club officials embraced the family and invited Archie into the rooms. He met with Levi Casboult & Patty Cripps and Brendan Bolton. He was given a Carlton jersey and Brendan Bolton gave him his Carlton jacket. It made Archie & his family's day. They must be going through a really tough time. Sure Carlton is having a very awful patch and it's valid to be fired up about it, but I think when you see gestures like last night, it gives you faith in people regardless of the current circumstances. The word Hope comes to mind. There will be better days for Carlton. I've witnessed the GWS boys cop similar pastings year after year and of the 100 point variety. Sometimes it's how you deal with adversity that makes you a champ. Perspectives, etc. I hope Archie gets better and the visit helps. I hope Brendan Bolton and your team win a few more games. All the best.

View attachment 677287
Thank you so much for posting this. Football is just football. what Archie and his family are going through puts things into perspective.

Yes, we Baggers are hurting, but we will survive. Wooden spoons are only a blow to the ego of proud supporters.

I think this illustrates the quality of person Bolton is. He must have a lot of worries about his own future to think about.

Of course being a wonderful, caring person does not make him a great football coach. the jury has been adjudicating on this subject for some time.

The next 4 weeks will tell.

easy, effby - I'm older - seen the cycles - have seen what doesn't work and feel we now need to show that we have REALLY buried this ridiculous entitled arrogance that used to define us - we were basically an extension of elliot's personality - never fear I bought into it too - only problem is, it only flies when you are winning - the game changed, the rules changed and that arrogance and the time it took to minimise it (it still lurks) is why we are where we are - time is the only thing that is going to see us rise again - and patience - and yes we will make mistakes, let's face it, how often have we really done a fair dinkum rebuild without the top-ups, bandaids and hail mary picks? ever? but try telling all that to the "I want it now" brigade.......gotta love carlton footy club........
I understand that completely Thy, not having followed the club in successful periods (I was following the club throughout 99-01 but was too young to be aware of broader issues such as club culture) I don't see myself as critical or aware of the culture of arrogance and sepparatism that you refer to, my support for the club is rather framed within my love of an underdog (which we were for the majority of my formative years) and my love for the players and the guernsey of my youth. I've found as i've matured into adulthood that i'm beginning to demand more results and different standards for the footy club than I previously did. Being so focussed on the rebuild over the past three years as I have, i've felt this seaosn - in key moments or rounds - we've well underperformed where we should be as a Football club (within my own interpretation and standard). Those key moments were the Gold Coast last quarter, and the North and GWS games. To me, while I don't expect or even hope for wins each week, those performances were let downs for where I consider the club both IS and SHOULD BE. While I briefly thought the Gold Coast game was our nadir as a club, i've realised that we are playing good football otherwise and we are definitiely a better footy team than we were last year. It's why terrible performances like this weekend really hurt, because we can be better. I need us to be better, for my own selfish reasons I admit, but also for the enjoyment of all my fellow fans on here and across Australia.. and even for the players that I have so much love for, I just want Patrick Cripps to feel the sense of accomplihsment and joy that comes with being part of a ******* good side.

Back