Autopsy Blues smashed by Giants. No sugar coating this one.

Which players do you think played well today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

easy, effby - I'm older - seen the cycles - have seen what doesn't work and feel we now need to show that we have REALLY buried this ridiculous entitled arrogance that used to define us - we were basically an extension of elliot's personality - never fear I bought into it too - only problem is, it only flies when you are winning - the game changed, the rules changed and that arrogance and the time it took to minimise it (it still lurks) is why we are where we are - time is the only thing that is going to see us rise again - and patience - and yes we will make mistakes, let's face it, how often have we really done a fair dinkum rebuild without the top-ups, bandaids and hail mary picks? ever? but try telling all that to the "I want it now" brigade.......gotta love carlton footy club........
enough with the flippant one liners......oh...do carry on.......super post that :thumbsu:

I understand that completely Thy, not having followed the club in successful periods (I was following the club throughout 99-01 but was too young to be aware of broader issues such as club culture) I don't see myself as critical or aware of the culture of arrogance and sepparatism that you refer to, my support for the club is rather framed within my love of an underdog (which we were for the majority of my formative years) and my love for the players and the guernsey of my youth. I've found as i've matured into adulthood that i'm beginning to demand more results and different standards for the footy club than I previously did. Being so focussed on the rebuild over the past three years as I have, i've felt this seaosn - in key moments or rounds - we've well underperformed where we should be as a Football club (within my own interpretation and standard). Those key moments were the Gold Coast last quarter, and the North and GWS games. To me, while I don't expect or even hope for wins each week, those performances were let downs for where I consider the club both IS and SHOULD BE. While I briefly thought the Gold Coast game was our nadir as a club, i've realised that we are playing good football otherwise and we are definitiely a better footy team than we were last year. It's why terrible performances like this weekend really hurt, because we can be better. I need us to be better, for my own selfish reasons I admit, but also for the enjoyment of all my fellow fans on here and across Australia.. and even for the players that I have so much love for, I just want Patrick Cripps to feel the sense of accomplihsment and joy that comes with being part of a ******* good side.
beuatifilly put, secret agent man - but just remember, we don't owe patrick cripps anything........right now we are fans of a hollywood movie-star who has been given the first draft of a screenplay to work with and a bunch of neighbours actors as support - he'll be fine believe it or not......we'll still buy tickets!

You make good points in the second part of your post, re playing different combos through the middle and this is one area Bolts and the assistants need to be more flexible if we are to win more games.
I’m all for development but there has to be a balance.

When our mids are on top in games we generally play really good footy, it’s no coincidence that when they don’t we get smashed eg: North and GWS, especially when Cripps gets a hard tag this is when we should be moving JSoS, Cunningham, Ed and yes even Murph into the middle for spurts, this especially rings true late in games when we need to win centre clearances and contested ball to gain the ascendancy or to control the play. We are 1 mature bodied mid away from winning more often than losing.

There is nothing glaringly wrong with our defence and our Forward line when the mids are on top is ready to explode and dominate very similarly to how GWS did on the weekend.

Anyone that can’t see that all we need is a more mature midfield to really storm the competition is blind, to blame what is happening on Bolton is ludicrous at this stage.
100%
I’d happily give up a lot for a decent mid and happily pay overs for a decent sized young mid that’s shown signs
Kennedy has to be in
Dow Walsh fisher n others show promise but just ain’t big enough (sps when on is ON, but the physical stuff ain’t his bag)

How good would Mitch Robinson be in the guts ;)

Dw guys, we can pick Tom bell in the mid year draft. Go back and watch his highlights vid

enough with the flippant one liners......oh...do carry on.......super post that :thumbsu:
I think he means he's enjoying being crap

but "real rebuild" is code for being really really really bad!
we've only won 3 games from a possible 40 odd!

that's just not good

it's actually very very very very bad!

I think rarely been done before in the AFL ( if ever!)

but whatever rocks your boat I say!

easy, effby - I'm older - seen the cycles - have seen what doesn't work and feel we now need to show that we have REALLY buried this ridiculous entitled arrogance that used to define us - we were basically an extension of elliot's personality - never fear I bought into it too - only problem is, it only flies when you are winning - the game changed, the rules changed and that arrogance and the time it took to minimise it (it still lurks) is why we are where we are - time is the only thing that is going to see us rise again - and patience - and yes we will make mistakes, let's face it, how often have we really done a fair dinkum rebuild without the top-ups, bandaids and hail mary picks? ever? but try telling all that to the "I want it now" brigade.......gotta love carlton footy club........

Got to show some compassion for the I want it now brigade.

Tipping most of them haven't been as lucky as other who have seen the great times.

Imagine being under 25 and copping crap for most if not all that time.

To them we have been nothing but a basket case. The past means nothing to them, only their reality does.

I feel sorry for the young ones.

If any of you want to come over smash some jaeger bombs or 10, mud bug some mitzis, play some mad trance, i could be persuaded.

Just piss off when I need to go to bed.

Cripps got worked over and we had very little support for him....young team....gotta expect a few bumps here and there
and that was an unacceptable mistake from bolton.

it's these type of things in games where bolton leans towards development rather than winning which is why we didn't win the games were could have.

and it's hard for the boys to front up every week when the wins aren't there. you could see cripps' frustration yesterday.

winning and development don't have to be mutually exclusive.

and that was an unacceptable mistake from bolton.

it's these type of things in games where bolton leans towards development rather than winning which is why we didn't win the games were could have.

and it's hard for the boys to front up every week when the wins aren't there. you could see cripps' frustration yesterday.

winning and development don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Must be great as a player to play for development and not for winning

what i expecting next week is an angry Patrick Cripps, i'm hoping that he has the leadership to have mustered an angry 21 behind him. I hope that big K runs around laying the knee into everyone he can find and busting up a few ribs (fair play apparently) St kilda to be smashed by 40 points

Edit: if u think our list makeup is any where near what Brisbane’s is maybe spend less time reading headlines from c grade journos and actually get an understanding your self.
neale = cripps
robinson = e curnow
mcluggage = SPS
rayner = dow
berry = fisher
zorko = murphy
andrews = weitering
gardiner = marchbank
martin = kruezer
hodge = simpson
rich = thomas
mccarthy = cuningham
hipwood = curnow
witherden = docherty
mcstay = harry mckay
cameron = cuningham
lyons = walsh
walker = mcgovern
christensen = newman

maybe some of ours are a bit better and maybe some of theirs are a bit better but there isn't a quality gap of 14 ladder positions between those 2 groups of players......except there is

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No issue

IMO you have no bloody idea about football and the crap you spin is filled with anger and vitriol. You are more about being right than the club and I wish you would bugger off

JMO ;)
Paul Roos got no idea either by the sounds of it, he just repeated my thoughts.....get a grip of reality

neale = cripps
robinson = e curnow
mcluggage = SPS
rayner = dow
berry = fisher
zorko = murphy
andrews = weitering
gardiner = marchbank
martin = kruezer
hodge = simpson
rich = thomas
mccarthy = cuningham
hipwood = curnow
witherden = docherty
mcstay = harry mckay
cameron = cuningham
lyons = walsh
walker = mcgovern
christensen = newman

maybe some of ours are a bit better and maybe some of theirs are a bit better but there isn't a quality gap of 14 ladder positions between those 2 groups of players......except there is
look @ their top 8 posession winners on the weekend and tell me what u see compared to what u see in our midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make good points in the second part of your post, re playing different combos through the middle and this is one area Bolts and the assistants need to be more flexible if we are to win more games.
I’m all for development but there has to be a balance.

When our mids are on top in games we generally play really good footy, it’s no coincidence that when they don’t we get smashed eg: North and GWS, especially when Cripps gets a hard tag this is when we should be moving JSoS, Cunningham, Ed and yes even Murph into the middle for spurts, this especially rings true late in games when we need to win centre clearances and contested ball to gain the ascendancy or to control the play. We are 1 mature bodied mid away from winning more often than losing.

There is nothing glaringly wrong with our defence and our Forward line when the mids are on top is ready to explode and dominate very similarly to how GWS did on the weekend.

Anyone that can’t see that all we need is a more mature midfield to really storm the competition is blind, to blame what is happening on Bolton is ludicrous at this stage.
Then who do you point the finger at when it's clearly evident our midfield needs bigger bodies yet we keep playing Ed, JSOS forward and Kennedy in the reserves?? Surely these are the questions that need to be asked.

He just said we need to pick our best 22 each week and not focus purely on development. I agree with him

Not sure your point?
Clean your ears out, he specially mentioned why Ed Curnow is in the fwd line and not on the ball.....but carry on all’s good nothing to see hear

Paul Roos got no idea either by the sounds of it, he just repeated my thoughts.....get a grip of reality
both players at the highest level...........makes sense...........

yeh

do you have a time frame?

could the same be said about every coach that has ever coached the game if they lived and were allowed to coach forever?

i think if there is a significant repetition of the GWS loss over the next 2 months, then it will be hard for BB to remain coach without a massive review by an independent - like the Pies with Buckley. Mitigating circs will be injuries to key players etc.
If we get more honorable losses plus a few more wins, then I am ok with that, because I know the development is coming with another preseason

He just said we need to pick our best 22 each week and not focus purely on development. I agree with him

Not sure your point?
This is the biggest issue. Player's aren't being held accountable for performances because they know they'll still get a game the following week. O'brien gets dropped for poor performances and then selected again after a week without playing a game in the seconds?? How do you build culture and respect with selections like this? This is not the only time this has happened. it's a continuous theme. Same thing happened when selecting Willow, Macreadie even Stocker. Have these selections being earned?

This is the biggest issue. Player's aren't being held accountable for performances because they know they'll still get a game the following week. O'brien gets dropped for poor performances and then selected again after a week without playing a game in the seconds?? How do you build culture and respect with selections like this? This is not the only time this has happened. it's a continuous theme. Same thing happened when selecting Willow, Macreadie even Stocker. Have these selections being earned?

How do you know O'Brien got dropped for a poor performance?

And who would you have picked instead of Willow, Macreadie and Stocker, apart from Kennedey who else was hard done by?

Back