News Boak signs two year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Boak. Deserves 2 years :heart::heart::heart:

giphy.gif

I'm good with it. He's a spiritual leader and you can't put a price on guys that have his kind of positive influence.

First thought is probably one year too many... and may keep one of the youngsters out of the team but jeez who can begrudge the guy. Just a quality human on and off the pitch.

Here's hoping he passes Kornes games record.

The reigning best and fairest winner should probably get more than a 1 year extension

I wouldn't have minded so much if we were near the end of the year and Trav was still in form, but considering that the 2020 season hasn't started yet, it's effectively a 3 year deal. I love Trav as much as the next guy but it's a lot for a 31 year old.

I think I was surprised at the 2 years because it’s so early in the season.

but... he is the best leader in the team and if he carries his form from last year, it’s a good call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Travis Boak has extended his tenure with the club after agreeing to terms on a two-year contract extension.

Boak is the club’s reigning John Cahill Medallist after a 2019 season in which he played 21 games and averaged 30 disposals and seven clearances.

The 31-year-old is third on the all-time list for AFL games played for the club with 264 in his 13 seasons so far.

The midfielder is a two-time best and fairest winner and was named in the All-Australian side in 2013 and 2014.

His re-signing will see him stay at the club until the end of 2022 and comes just days after Robbie Gray recommitted to the club until the end of 2021.

Travis-Boak-portrait-2.JPG

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/576987?camefrom=EMCL_3254222_156247705

Hard to know what to make of all this. We don’t have a good history with contract negotiation.

Any chance the AFL reduces the cap space over the next few years to help get through this period?

Yep. Deserved. We have our rules and traditions and one year contract standards and all that, but then along comes a player like Trav and you toss all that out. Perfectly comfortable with that.

The playing group's spiritual leader and a total professional off-field. I hope he has a connection to the Club for decades yet. Hopefully too, as others have said, that this means SPP is staying.

We know it’s a two year extension, but no idea of value, amount or clauses so I’m not losing much sleep.

For all we know he’s gone two years but less $
list spots matter when we always have some locked up with guys on contracts that are too long

list spots matter when we always have some locked up with guys on contracts that are too long
Yeah we've had celebrated list cloggers in the past, but that's just not an issue with Trav.

As had been said above, he's the kinda guy that would call it as soon as he felt he wasn't contributing. And his 2019 form justifies it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back