News Boak Steps Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your service as captain Boaky.

Put me down as another who would prefer Jonas to take over as captain.

Thanks Boaky, now he can get down to concentrate playing footy and hopefully regain some off his mojo on the field.
Ill be forever grateful for what he did for us during the dark years,

Got the job when we needed his strength and unselfishness.....and his timing to hand over the reins perfect also, thanks Boaky for the service a job well done...enjoy the last few years hopefully the mojo will return....

Next in line?
After Ollie's miss last year I thought he might not be ready.....but I think he just has to be ready.....it's time to grow, it's time to Go Oliie! (TJ would be good also but I just prefer the longer term appointments)

I have always and will always love you Trevor Broke.

Had always been Club/team first and today is just another example. **** I hope he tears it up next year.

#theloveboak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positive news, unlike most I'm not a big Boak fan, this will allow him to focus 100% on his career as an undie model

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meanwhile you can get back to focusing 100% on being a dickhead.

No matter the criticisms of him as a player the last two years, he has cemented himself as a massive part of our club history. Has lead by example and proven himself to be of exceptional character. He was the leader we needed in those dark times, and a bloody fantastic player during this period too. Hope to see him finish off his career with a bang.

Boaky controversially steps down as captain.

It's been as much an honour to have him lead this club as it has been an honour for him to lead it. He's been a fantastic leader on and off-field and has always put Port Adelaide first throughout his career and most importantly when the big decisions have been made.

Well done Travis, a brave call a hard call but a call that will see you continue to contribute to this club at a high standard.

We dips our lids to you, a terrific Port Adelaide leader.

A captain who could handle both the on field and off field jobs. However the time is right for Trav to concentrate solely on his game. Replacement? Tommy or Ollie?
Would Ollie spit the dummy if we went for TJ for a couple of years? I’ll be the fence sitter on this important club decision!

He stuck by the club during the bad times. He could have easily gone back home to Geelong in 2013. Can still remember the delegation led by Chris Scott storming into town and trying its hardest to lure him away from Port. His actions always spoke louder than his words. That made him such a good captain. Well respected as a leader by the players and the fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back