Board Changes: Licuria and Sizer in (Camplin and McMullin omitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood's board has undergone its biggest change in Eddie McGuire's presidency, with two directors leaving and decorated former player Paul Licuria joining alongside Jodie Sizer, who is the first Indigenous woman to be on an AFL club board.

Long-serving board member and former player Ian McMullin and former Olympic gold medallist Alisa Camplin have both stepped down.

I have no idea of Sizer's background, but on Licuria, not really sure what skill-set he brings to the position.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...d-see-licuria-sizer-join-20180214-p4z0bn.html

Licuria definitely is was a good bloke, thought he would never fill a board position such as one at the CFC and that he'd be the type to be doing community work for the greater good of something...

Have no idea who Sizer is, so I'm none the wiser than you OS.

jodie-sizer.jpg.160x160_q90_bw_crop.jpg

Jodie Sizer
Co-CEO,
PwC Indigenous Consulting
Jodie is a Djab Wurrung/Gunditjmara woman, and part of the Framlingham Community of South West Victoria. Jodie is the Co-CEO & Co Owner of PwC’s Indigenous consulting, a majority Aboriginal owned and Aboriginal led member firm of the PwC Global network.

Jodie has been a significant contributor to the Indigenous governance space in being commissioned to comply significant pieces of work that have contributed to the advancement of knowledge around effective Indigenous governance

Jodie has also worked in Indigenous organizations and government. She was an ATSIC Regional Councillor, a finalist in the Telstra Business Women of the Year award, listed in the Australian Women's Who's Who publication, inducted on the Victorian Women's Honour roll, recipient of the Prime Ministers Centenary medal and listed as one of the Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence. Jodie was recently appointed to the Council of the Australia Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS).

Yes, it mentions her as being a partner at Price Waterhouse Coopers and with indigenous experience can see her value.

What's Licuria been doing the last decade or so? I think he had a stint at the Pies in some role but not aware of what's happened since.

Yes, it mentions her as being a partner at Price Waterhouse Coopers and with indigenous experience can see her value.

What's Licuria been doing the last decade or so? I think he had a stint at the Pies in some role but not aware of what's happened since.

I wonder how Hertier feels about her appointment at the CFC? :p

I think Licuria was at the Westpac if I am not mistaken.

https://au.linkedin.com/in/paul-licuria-198683aa

Paul Licuria is the CEO of Alffie.com

He is extremely passionate about helping all people achieve their aspirations and dreams through education.

Before coming to Alffie, Paul held the role of Relationship Director in the Premium Space at Westpac, where he was responsible for managing a business unit with the FUM of 2.3 billion. In 2011, Paul joined the Westpac Sports + Entertainment team as a Business Director across Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia.

Paul is best known for his AFL career. After being drafted to the Sydney Swans in 1995, he moved to Collingwood in 1999. By the time he retired in 2007, he had picked up the Copland Trophy (2001) and was Collingwood’s Best and Fairest in 2002. He then took a Player Development Manager role within the club and was inducted into the Collingwood Football Club Hall of Fame in 2011.

Paul holds an MBA from Victoria University and is also a qualified pilot.

Last edited:

He is extremely passionate about helping all people achieve their aspirations and dreams through education.

Before coming to Alffie, Paul held the role of Relationship Director in the Premium Space at Westpac, where he was responsible for managing a business unit with the FUM of 2.3 billion. In 2011, Paul joined the Westpac Sports + Entertainment team as a Business Director across Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia.

Paul is best known for his AFL career. After being drafted to the Sydney Swans in 1995, he moved to Collingwood in 1999. By the time he retired in 2007, he had picked up the Copland Trophy (2001) and was Collingwood’s Best and Fairest in 2002. He then took a Player Development Manager role within the club and was inducted into the Collingwood Football Club Hall of Fame in 2011.

Very smart man by the sounds of it.

Both good appointments I think.

Camplin and McMullin had both been on the board for 8 and 20 years respectively so some fresh faces at board level will be welcome I think

Good appointments at face value. We can’t know how they’ll perform at Board level, and Sizer is unlikely to have come via the ‘Eddie’ stream. But they bring variety and diversity which is a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to know about these type of changes but on face value they seem to be good appointments.

HOW'S THAT FOR CHANGE

But maybe not smart enough to proof read the last para of his LinkedIn bio...
He copped the Copland, that’s pretty ok.
Copeland even better :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back