Board Game Secondary Market

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
Just wondering how you all move along games that you're sick of, don't play very often, never even opened?

I'm currently going through all my games and getting rid of the ones that i just don't want/need anymore. Is there anywhere to do this or is ebay the only real channel?

I've tried a couple on BGG in the past and never really get any bites as such.

Unless the game was truly awful and I don't want a reminder of it I couldn't get rid of a board game, even if rarely played anymore. I classify them like books, in that a good sized library of them looks good and is the nerd show-off equivalent of a souped up car in the garage for bogans.

I've looked into those math trades but i could never get my head around it properly.

That facebook group may be of some use, thanks!

At this early stage i'm getting rid of a few games i've purchased and just never even got to the table once.

Zombicide Season 2 Kickstarter: Prison Outbreak + Toxic City Mall + All the extra possible survivors.
Gear & Piston Kickstarter
Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (base game)

Definitely have some more but need to have a proper look through.

Unless the game was truly awful and I don't want a reminder of it I couldn't get rid of a board game, even if rarely played anymore. I classify them like books, in that a good sized library of them looks good and is the nerd show-off equivalent of a souped up car in the garage for bogans.

Just stumbled across this post, and I couldn't agree more. Yes. Like books, I feel like have nothing to gain by getting rid of them.

I recently discovered that a friend of mine still has his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Power board game. Not in mint condition, but damn, 'dem feels . . .
Super impressed.

Do second hand games ever turn up at garage sales in anyone's experience ? I'm starting to get a bit obsessed with board games but have to hide the cost of them from my partner. Thought maybe there Could be a cheaper way.

Do second hand games ever turn up at garage sales in anyone's experience ? I'm starting to get a bit obsessed with board games but have to hide the cost of them from my partner. Thought maybe there Could be a cheaper way.
There is a cheaper way. Get your partner into board gaming (or find a new partner whose a board gamer!). You should only have to pay for half the games then :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back