Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Sounds legit then. I know 2022 hasn't gone to plan, but I thought Rutten was worth keeping. Didn't really get a fair crack.

Now keep ya filthy mitts off Clarko!
The kicker is you blokes are getting Ken Hinkley... while we end up with Brad Scott

Spike as coach with Hird, Solomon and Caracella as assistants would be pretty great tbh.

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Feel bad for Rutten, I think he will get another crack after this, and I hope he does well.

I will hold off feeling good or bad about the situation as a whole untill we see the end result.

This could be the fire that burns out the cancer.

Or this could be the cancer claiming a few good people and then reestablishing itself for the next decade. A coach and president does not mean we are changing for the better, regardless of who we bring in.

I’m not qualified enough to know if Rutten was the answer. I thought he was last year but this year has been a shambles and he can’t escape scrutiny for that.

But what I do know is the failings absolutely do not start and end with Rutten. The failings are club-wide. The board and executive are full of yes men and people more keen to protect their own station than anything else.

Culturally we have a playing group that is led by senior players who get their own way and refuse to adapt. A large part of this is likely a side effect of the saga.

But all this means almost any coach is on a hiding to nothing. It doesn’t mean the coach should escape scrutiny, but if we’ve sacked Ben and gone for Clarkson in the belief that changing the head coach alone will fix everything, then we are even more stupid as a club than I’d ever thought possible.

I feel for Rutten very much either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shouldn't end with Truck and Brasher walking away 12 months before he was gonna anyway.
Campbell, Dodoro, the fitness/conditioning department and a chunk of senior players should be in the gun too.

I don't know if they make brooms big enough for the job this club needs if Truck is the first to go. Plenty of others equally, if not more deserving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back