Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I feel when the truth comes out, the club will be in a very, very good position.
homer simpson crying GIF

Yet brasher stays on the board 😂😂 can’t make this up

Very late in the year to do a review. Hard to make changes when most of the good people in the industry will be signed elsewhere for next year
The rate this is all getting wound back, shouldn't be long til we find out who the new director of coaching is going to be
images (17).jpeg

"Two weeks ago, the internal review of the football department was tabled at a scheduled Board meeting. Since that date, the Board has met several times and formed the view on the need for additional external inputs, which will now take place under the scope of an external review."

This line alone tells me that Campbell should step down. Everyone at the time knew that the internal review was the wrong choice, but still, they ploughed ahead with it.

So let me get this straight, today a president left a year early but stays, a coach got sacked but then didn't, an internal review led to realising an external review is needed and it's a line in the sand moment for the club right now.

Hmmmmmmmm just when you think the season has been nearly as bad as it can get and the club couldn't get any further down the poop chute we go and do that lol.
Kinda just blends in with the rest of the season really.

Untill people show their discontent with their wallets it doesn't seem like anything will bloody change here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a little win, but as always with us in a roundabout way for the wrong reasons. The external review camp won out over the internal review camp, and so they should have.

We’re trapped in a 20 year doom spiral where those in charge aren’t smart enough to make intuitive ‘captain’s calls’ and aren’t rich enough to pay smart people to conduct a process for them.

Today the right faction won out in the boardroom and truck held his job, on the surface that is exactly what should have happened and they still managed to **** it.

Have to say X may survive an external review given how well everything has gone away from footy.
Surely the review of his club appointments comes under scrutiny though? Many failed people in roles all chosen by the same person.

Have to say X may survive an external review given how well everything has gone away from footy.
that's only one metric.
He's been CEO since 2014?

Oversaw the confusion of who was coaching in 2015 (Hird v Bomber)
Only to sack the guy he kept after losing the one he didn't
Turned to Worsfold without a process.
Then hired Rutten to replace him whilst still in the seat
And has now overseen what appears to be a public airing of dirty laundry over sacking another coach with a year left to run and headhunting another.

By any standard, his ability to oversee a football club doesn't fill me with confidence.

i’m pretty impressed with the tenure of prez Dave Barham so far to be honest - no cringy members videos and i’m fairly confident he’ll survive this winter’s flu season.

that's only one metric.
He's been CEO since 2014?

Oversaw the confusion of who was coaching in 2015 (Hird v Bomber)
Only to sack the guy he kept after losing the one he didn't
Turned to Worsfold without a process.
Then hired Rutten to replace him whilst still in the seat
And has now overseen what appears to be a public airing of dirty laundry over sacking another coach with a year left to run and headhunting another.

By any standard, his ability to oversee a football club doesn't fill me with confidence.
Not saying I am on board with him but for some reason our CEO present and past have been more about the bottom line and less about footy.
The fact the AFL tried to head hunt him says he has runs on the board outside of footy issues.
I have no issues with him going as well but I suspect he has credit as far as financial recovery after the saga and the Hanger project.

Not saying I am on board with him but for some reason our CEO present and past have been more about the bottom line and less about footy.
The fact the AFL tried to head hunt him says he has runs on the board outside of footy issues.
I have no issues with him going as well but I suspect he has credit as far as financial recovery after the saga and the Hanger project.
I think he'd be alright for the AFL.
Has the CV of an excellent CEO

I imagine scaling back football stuff from his desk of late is a reason for keeping him.

Truck's position is pretty untenable now. After knowing the board were pursuing the sacking - and the fact that a push for an external review - of the same exact environment that chose Truck - is being pursued in question - then 2023 doesn't shape up as a year about the players or the club - it shapes up as a week-to-week judgement day on Rutten. And that's just not the sort of environment you want a side to be developing under. And then you can just imagine the fallout if it all goes pear-shaped as the signs would suggest. Oh boy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back