Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
So we get to pay out 2 years of Xavier on the back of a bonus year of Dev Smith and a year of Truck and maybe re-sign Heppell for 2 years? How does one get a job running a football club cos it just looks like all you need to do is make appalling decisions and lose massive amounts of money.
That’s not such a bad business model…after all it seems to work pretty well for the Chinese Communist Party….

I don't mind the idea of keeping Rutten on for a year post-review. Hardwick was in a similar situation with his job potentially on the line but Richmond's review was able to help him improve his coaching and the rest is history.

So let me get this straight.

The prospect of a review is raised

We decide we don’t need one

We then wait until the end of the season, and actually, decide we do need one

So by the time it’s finished, if it does decide change is needed, any prospective new people (Clarkson, whoever else) are already committed elsewhere for 2023 and not available.

Leaving us with nobody or duds.

Oh Essendon, you keep doing you.
The best bit is that it sounds like the board was split on whether an external review was required or not, and they disagreed so vehemently that it cost Brasher his job.

And I ******* wonder why a bunch of senior people at a perennially under performing club were so deathly afraid of any kind of external investigation into club operations...

My biggest concern now is that the external review and it's findings may not be accepted by it's opponents on the board. Richmond from the sound of it had complete buy-in from the entire club when they went about theirs, but I worry that there's a critical mass of barnacles on the hull at Essendon which will stymie the uptake of any recommendations.

For what it is worth.
I hear that there is/ was a big push from members of various coterie groups. It was basically get out and talk to Clarkson before he signs with North which was generally accepted he would do this week. Obviously that seems to have happened today. There has been previous rumor's around that Clarkson would prefer to coach us. My gut feel is the same as Caro.

Truck's position is pretty untenable now. After knowing the board were pursuing the sacking - and the fact that a push for an external review - of the same exact environment that chose Truck - is being pursued in question - then 2023 doesn't shape up as a year about the players or the club - it shapes up as a week-to-week judgement day on Rutten. And that's just not the sort of environment you want a side to be developing under. And then you can just imagine the fallout if it all goes pear-shaped as the signs would suggest. Oh boy.
You would have to say he will be sacked. You can not court someone for his job and then do a u turn if it is rejected. I would be saying someone else will be coaching us next year. Question will be who.

Llordo thinks he runs the joint

Lloyd is a ****ing idiot, let’s not forget that, you’d almost do the opposite of everything he says.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd is a ****ing idiot, let’s not forget that, you’d almost do the opposite of everything he says.
Probably not really for here but I did hear the reason the Saints do not want him doing goal kicking with King and the reason Daniher stopped using him was the fact he was not just offering goal kicking advice but also advice to the effect they should not follow the coaches game plan and follow his advice. He could certainly give some good advice but not being in the actual coaching group was an issue. Joe of course does not really take advice from anyone much , not even family so he could not be bothered with Lloyd in the end.

For what it is worth.
I hear that there is/ was a big push from members of various coterie groups. It was basically get out and talk to Clarkson before he signs with North which was generally accepted he would do this week. Obviously that seems to have happened today. There has been previous rumor's around that Clarkson would prefer to coach us. My gut feel is the same as Caro.
Clarkson might be the right guy for the job but the club doing the bidding of coterie groups chasing the latest shiny toy is the exact opposite of proper process.

Hardly he has been bang on about essendon for the last 5 years.
It has not been hard. What I do not like is he has been big on giving a well deserved roast but he has never offered any solutions.

Clarkson might be the right guy for the job but the club doing the bidding of coterie groups chasing the latest shiny toy is the exact opposite of proper process.
Yep. It is Hird and Bomber all over again. No process again.

It's disgusting, isn't it?

Brasher held on long enough, at least in his mind, to put the kibosh on any overture to Clarkson.

There has been internal dissifaction about the internal review the whole time.

I wonder if part of Campbell's contract is conditional.

That even these idiots believe that much in Rutten is beyond belief.
Two weeks ago, we had won 5 of our past 7 matches and lost the other two by small margins (and were the width of the goal post from winning 1 of those)

Lloyd himself is a chief contributor to the rot that has set in at the club.

Brilliant player, but like a lot of superstar forward he was at his best when he focused on himself and the me-first attitude that has plagued us for 15+years can be traced to the period of his captaincy under Knights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back