Senior List
Mar 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, New York Yankees
Such poker face, perhaps clarko has used his break to take up acting classes

I mean he has to, for a man that signed a 5 year contract with us back in July - to be this committed to "the bit" of not having made up his mind, hollywood should sign him

^ Seems more like taking a punt on a 50/50 choice. If it works out, you can claim you were right all along. If it doesn't, go to ground/new account.

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
At the time yes.I think most of us thought it would be a few years with us, then off to AFL HQ.

i think the varnish has worn a bit since. He'd have been up there as Gil's replacement not that long ago.
Would beg to differ - called him a lightweight appointment at the time. There was nothing to suggest he was appropriate credentialed for the role.

Heppellfreak

Senior List
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
If you’re right, I’ll change my name to Bomberlegend2007LovesHeppellFreak.

Bookmarked.
1618f029e2081aae578630dc47354aff.jpg

And this your new photo ;)

bonedry

Debutant
Mar 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Its so completely obvious that Clarko is coming to Essendon. Why would he wait until the weekend to make a decision? It literally makes no sense. Norf have been working on him for a month, they have no coach...nothing holding the commitment back.

If you believe the rumours, Essendon people have been chattin to Clarkson for a while...but things had to occur before any REAL conversations could start. Those dominos have fallen and now the details of the contract are being ironed out. Its like Clarko has been intentionally holding out for the exact scenario from Essendon while working with Norf just in case it couldn't come to fruition.

I have no intel...but if Clarkson was to choose Norf I would be completely shocked and surprised.

How often does the opportunity arise to lead one of the biggest sporting brands in the nation out of their biggest ever hole and potentially to glory. Plus you'll be given every dime/resources you can imagine to make the success happen. Clarkson would have to be a complete moron not to take the Essendon gig. Its a once in a generation opportunity.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we do miss out on Clarko, I wonder who would we chase ? Apparently we don't want a new coach.

Ross ? Buckley ? Pyke? Choco?
Sorry to intrude, but Chocco would be on top of my list. Look at recent successful clubs and he’s been there. Touted to be a great development coach and a relationship builder.

Put some tactical assistants around him and I think you have the perfect team.

If I was 100% sure Chocco would take our job if we offered it to him, I would take him before Clarko.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Listening to Jordan Lewis getting outsmarted and outdebated by Riewoldt on 360 is just hilarious. Bloke has had one too many concussions!

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
Sorry to intrude, but Chocco would be on top of my list. Look at recent successful clubs and he’s been there. Touted to be a great development coach and a relationship builder.

If I was 100% sure Chocco would take our job if we offered it to him, I would take him before Clarko.
You may not be aware of the history of our great club, but Chocco was yet another coaching option we burnt.

He wouldn't step 100m near the Hanger.

Feb 13, 2016
Coogee
AFL Club
Essendon

Ha ha nice try

Back