Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Futureproof the financial standing of the company through growing and diversifying our revenue base without compromising our core football operations

A poor choice of word.....
Standard corporate speak, the entire document says "Company" everywhere.

Kind of like in terms of service where it's like "The Company means XYZ organisational name". I think they do that so they don't have to find/replace the name through the entire document...

Fundamentals of a football club are not, and never have been, rocket science.
And yet.....we make it look like it is at every opportunity.

AFL house beckons for Xav me thinks.Brasher must be scratching his head this morning....even the simplest of tasks appears to be too much for him. If I did this in my job I’d be sacked.

AFL house beckons for Xav me thinks.Brasher must be scratching his head this morning....even the simplest of tasks appears to be too much for him. If I did this in my job I’d be sacked.
XC has had a mare ever since we convinced him to stay and not take the afl job.

XC has had a mare ever since we convinced him to stay and not take the afl job.
maybe he's trying to get fired?
KGXV4Y.gif

Nah, they’d be backing off at a million miles an hour. Go in for Gale once again.

two boring challengers - need backgrounds that offer something different.

Director of an ASX listed retailer if we want more marketing power
Senior person from ASIC/APRA/ACCC for compliance
Former senior exec/director from another pro sporting club (non-AFL) for cross-pollination
etc.

Brasher and the Essendonians should have stronger pulling power to attract high calibre individuals to this club's board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem was the wrong candidates where running. Nothing against them but you can not replace the two football operations people on the board with two that have no real football department experience. Hope the nominate again next time around when some of the non football directors are up. Different story then. To make a decent challenge you need a platform to run on and that would include having an experienced footy person on your ticket.

Problem was the wrong candidates where running. Nothing against them but you can not replace the two football operations people on the board with two that have no real football department experience. Hope the nominate again next time around when some of the non football directors are up. Different story then. To make a decent challenge you need a platform to run on and that would include having an experienced footy person on your ticket.

Exactly because when i looked at the two other candidates, their lack of experience and no real clear reason for getting elected stood out.

We needed candidates that brought something to the club and they just didn't give that impression.

Board doesn’t directly select the player leadership group of course but it’s just another example of a seeming return to more rational and “understandable” decision making since Brasher took over.

Heppell is skipper. Hurley and Merrett are obvious leaders. McGrath is the future.

No Zaka. No blokes who actually want to leave the club.

Board doesn’t directly select the player leadership group of course but it’s just another example of a seeming return to more rational and “understandable” decision making since Brasher took over.

Heppell is skipper. Hurley and Merrett are obvious leaders. McGrath is the future.

No Zaka. No blokes who actually want to leave the club.
Dunno if it’s attributable to Brasher – Rutten seems like a no nonsense sort of person too. Whatever it is, I like it.

I think its a good time for Brasher to utter something. He talked the big talk. Made some big promises. But us plebs are getting confused and impatient.

I think its a good time for Brasher to utter something. He talked the big talk. Made some big promises. But us plebs are getting confused and impatient.
We’re 6 months in to a 3-4 year rebuild, what can he say that will change anything?

We were going to be bad this year, this was always the case and anyone who expected any different was living under a rock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back