Board Members?

Remove this Banner Ad

GoRoos2023

Senior List
Mar 14, 2023
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So I just received the email from the club announcing a Selina Lightfoot as our new board member (still to be voted in though)

I know nothing about this person, hopefully she is great.

Does anyone else think it’s a bit inappropriate that we receive an email announcing a new board member before that member has been voted in for the role via the clubs email?

Why are we announcing a board member who is technically just a nominee?

Is there an opportunity for others to nominate?

Surely as paying members we should have some access to how this decision was best for NMFC.

So I just received the email from the club announcing a Selina Lightfoot as our new board member (still to be voted in though)

I know nothing about this person, hopefully she is great.

Does anyone else think it’s a bit inappropriate that we receive an email announcing a new board member before that member has been voted in for the role via the clubs email?

Why are we announcing a board member who is technically just a nominee?

Is there an opportunity for others to nominate?

Surely as paying members we should have some access to how this decision was best for NMFC.

From memory our board had vacancies, and generally that means they can do a casual appointment at the boards discretion. That person then only serves till the next agm, their position is then vacated and the members get their chance to vote.

The board obviously see some benefits to doing this so close to an agm, and would be hoping she gets voted in for a full term.

Others can still nominate provided they get passed the vetting process the club has.

Happy to be corrected but that's generally the process.

From memory our board had vacancies, and generally that means they can do a casual appointment at the boards discretion. That person then only serves till the next agm, their position is then vacated and the members get their chance to vote.

The board obviously see some benefits to doing this so close to an agm, and would be hoping she gets voted in for a full term.

Others can still nominate provided they get passed the vetting process the club has.

Happy to be corrected but that's generally the process.
From Memory people seconded on to the board in the past have won at the Election once it happens as the board don’t want people on the board that may hinder the boards own agendas as we know the board has done such an excellent job in hiring Paul Roos David Noble and Brady Rawlings.
But Seriously if this young lady comes onto the board makes statements by trying to get rid of incompetent people put a dent in the Boys club and attract big time sponsors then she will be on the board for some time.
But if she’s a YES person then she will join others to think the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back