News Board Nominations now with Poll

Pick your 2 nominees and it better not include Jamo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Going from the 4 videos I think she spoke the best by a mile so I am not surprised that she was the one who was elected.

I had two votes so I voted once for Oosting and once for Lynch

I thought Oosting had some great points about a lack of transparency, but came across incredibly nervous and wouldn't be surprised if that hurt his vote.

Angela McCabe I couldn't even sit through her video, it just was not engaging at all and felt like she just was reading off a script that had been written. Roger Thomas to me seemed more interested in talking about the committees and groups he's been involved in rather than what he would bring to the club.
I'm not sure any of them would be able to bring anything to the Club in any case. Graham Goodings the exception to this rule because he has a genuine interest in the supporters.

I'm not sure any of them would be able to bring anything to the Club in any case. Graham Goodings the exception to this rule because he has a genuine interest in the supporters.
Yep, which is why I didn't even bother to vote.

I'm confused by your comment.

All the nominees for the position were all genuine members of the club, they're not just people applying for the hell of it just so they can have another board listed on their resume.

The only reason Graeme Goodings was elected had nothing to do with his relationship with the members, it was due to his status as a local celebrity. I've got no problem with him being on the board, but my point is that if Graeme Goodings was just a reguar Joe he would have had no hope in hell of getting on the Crows board.

I would rather someone who actually eats, breathes and lives the life of a regular member to represent us rather than just being the pick of choice for the blue rinse brigade which is exactly what Goodings was.

Last edited:

All the nominees for the position were all genuine members of the club, they're not just people applying for the hell of it just so they can have another board listed on their resume.

The only reason Graeme Goodings was elected had nothing to do with his relationship with the members, it was due to his status as a local celebrity. I've got no problem with him being on the board, but my point is that if Graeme Goodings was just a reguar Joe he would have had no hope in hell of getting on the Crows board.

I would rather someone who actually eats, breathes and lives the life of a regular member to represent us rather than just being the pick of choice for the blue rinse brigade which is exactly what Goodings was.
Its why I voted for Dan Kiley when he ran

he sits in the Riverbank grandstand with his family - week in week out and stays until the end each game.

Its why I voted for Dan Kiley when he ran

he sits in the Riverbank grandstand with his family - week in week out and stays until the end each game.

i voted for him too and I completely agree, he's exactly the type of voice we need on the board.

You couldn’t be more wrong. IMO. Goodings got off his arse BEFORE running for the board and helped out with the Crows supporter groups in Adelaide. He’d offer his time to host sportsman nights, turn up to banner making etc etc. he’s as big a fan as the fella in the outer with his family, only he puts his money where his mouth is in terms of working with those that give so much of themselves.

What exactly do you think he can do/bring in his role?
'' I sit in the grandstand and I hear comments about X every week - these are the people I represent and why I ran ''

What do you think a Members Rep should bring to the role?

'' I sit in the grandstand and I hear comments about X every week - these are the people I represent and why I ran ''

What do you think a Members Rep should bring to the role?
Fair enough. Goodings hears stuff too from the average fans and those that are sorely undervalued by the club!. Both equally valuable I suppose.

Fair enough. Goodings hears stuff too from the average fans and those that are sorely undervalued by the club!. Both equally valuable I suppose.
Which is why I voted for GG - with the added bonus of his profile making it harder for the club to dismiss his contribution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My vote is going to be either Shouwn or Dr Thomas, Shouwn talking about transparency got my interest, but out of all the four candidates Dr Thomas was the only candidate who mentioned extending the members voting to spread across more positions on the board.

Going from the 4 videos I think she spoke the best by a mile so I am not surprised that she was the one who was elected.

I had two votes so I voted once for Oosting and once for Lynch

I thought Oosting had some great points about a lack of transparency, but came across incredibly nervous and wouldn't be surprised if that hurt his vote.

Angela McCabe I couldn't even sit through her video, it just was not engaging at all and felt like she just was reading off a script that had been written. Roger Thomas to me seemed more interested in talking about the committees and groups he's been involved in rather than what he would bring to the club.

Cause out of all of them Shouwn and Dr Thomas were the only ones that focussed on the real issues of the club. Also Dr Thomas wanted to push for a full member voted board.

Imelda was just full of corporate waffle and the whole I'm on the board of the Glenelg golf club points to which circles she runs in, old Adelaide, we need less not more of those types on our board.

Back