News Board Nominations now with Poll

Pick your 2 nominees and it better not include Jamo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Board appointments can be funny, get on one board and then on another because you're on the first one and then you get on more because well obviously you're impressive because you're on a board already! Impressive or agreeable.

This is how generations of limpets have populated boards the world over.

Democracy is just a very flawed idea.

I'd like think they all are genuine supporters, I know Klemich definitely is.

This might sound harsh, but the only appeal with Goodings is that he's a Channel 7 newsreader and is a favourite of the blue rinse brigade.

Maybe next year we can vote Keith Conlon onto the board too 🤣🤣
Goodings held a zoom meeting for over an hour a couple of weeks ago with all the supporter groups around Australia. He truly values supporters of the Club and (with John and Tim) wants our focus to change in this regard. Of course he recognises the AFLPA has a massive hold over Clubs (in terms of player engagement) but they need to find a way to improve this aspect (between players and supporters). Apparently he has supported the Adelaide CSG for many years, and makes himself available for their Sportsman nights etc. I feel there has been a huge emphasis by John and Tim since they came on board to fix this. You can hear it constantly in their and the players messaging. Now we need to see some action. We will be holding a function for members up here with John and Tim in attendance, allowing members to have their say. That’s never happened. I feel Goodings is a good addition to the board, but I would have preferred one of the other guys (with corporate and board experience) over Jameson. I like Rod, and he’s worked hard with regards to ex players network, but I also think 7/8 years is long enough to sit on a board.

Goodings held a zoom meeting for over an hour a couple of weeks ago with all the supporter groups around Australia. He truly values supporters of the Club and (with John and Tim) wants our focus to change in this regard. Of course he recognises the AFLPA has a massive hold over Clubs (in terms of player engagement) but they need to find a way to improve this aspect (between players and supporters). Apparently he has supported the Adelaide CSG for many years, and makes himself available for their Sportsman nights etc. I feel there has been a huge emphasis by John and Tim since they came on board to fix this. You can hear it constantly in their and the players messaging. Now we need to see some action. We will be holding a function for members up here with John and Tim in attendance, allowing members to have their say. That’s never happened. I feel Goodings is a good addition to the board, but I would have preferred one of the other guys (with corporate and board experience) over Jameson. I like Rod, and he’s worked hard with regards to ex players network, but I also think 7/8 years is long enough to sit on a board.

"Supporter groups" are far from representative of ordinary members.

In March 2014, the Club committed to support the development of football in South Australia through a Game Development Grant payable to the SANFL, ending 2028. The liability for these future payments is recognised at its net present value.
Is that what they're calling our payments to the SANFL to buy back the license? Or is that another payment on top of paying for the right to play in the SANFL as well as paying to get the license back too?

Is that what they're calling our payments to the SANFL to buy back the license? Or is that another payment on top of paying for the right to play in the SANFL as well as paying to get the license back too?
I believe it is an additional payment

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know very little about any of them.

No career politicians from what I can see so that's a good start.

Only from reading their profiles I don't think any of them are going to have much influence.

Last edited:
Just refreshed my memory of the current Board.

Here is my take from what I know of them but it's just an opinion.

Olsson - Big influence on anything non-football.

Roo - Big influence on anything football related.

Bergrenn - Legal expertise but not much else

Fennell - Financial expertise but not much else.

Goodings - From what I know of him he would be trying to look out for your average supporter. Would be trying to make a difference.

Randall and Roche - would offer something commercially.

Fellows, Jamo and Ellis would offer very little. Ellis in particular.

Last edited:
Seems a very highly curated selection of candidates.

Which makes the process feel less like a "member elected" nomination and more like choose whoever the board already has chosen
I was surprised there were only 4 candidates who put up their hand...

I was surprised there were only 4 candidates who put up their hand...

We generally only get around 4-5 nominees for the board from memory.

I think the most surprising is that they're all new candidates, who haven't nominated before.

Having said that, they're not the usual suspects you normally get (celebrities, past players, lawyers etc), so in a way it's good that the board will be more diverse.

Back