Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Intends to remain a member of the board but will step down as President towards the end of next year.

Lindsay Tanner has tonight announced his intention to stand down as Essendon President in the latter stages of 2020.

Tanner informed the Board of his decision ahead of the club’s Annual General Meeting at Marvel Stadium.

Due to an increasing number of external corporate Board commitments, as well as his advisory role to financial asset management firm Lazard, Tanner said the time was right to step down from the presidency, but intends to remain a member of the Board.

Good. Move the fu** on.
Whilst I agree with you Dapper, I still feel torn. Especially in relation to the players. As head spokesperson, Tanner’s statement is practically saying that no injustices will be explored, therefore justice is served. It will always rankle me for this fact alone even though I know that the club and my footy enjoyment would suffer if the saga became a senate enquiry. Yes, move the fu** on... but meekly we accept...

Whilst I agree with you Dapper, I still feel torn. Especially in relation to the players. As head spokesperson, Tanner’s statement is practically saying that no injustices will be explored, therefore justice is served. It will always rankle me for this fact alone even though I know that the club and my footy enjoyment would suffer if the saga became a senate enquiry. Yes, move the fu** on... but meekly we accept...

I guess it depends if you think we are innocent or not.

When I was old enough to accept advice from my old man he gave me a real nugget;

"pick your battles"... he said as he looked over at mum who had done something idiotic, "sometimes you can win, but really you don't win at all."

I think there's something in that for all of us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it depends if you think we are innocent or not.
Well the truth is I don’t know, you don’t know, they don’t know. But what I do know is that the process of meting out justice was highly dubious.

Well the truth is I don’t know, you don’t know, they don’t know. But what I do know is that the process of meting out justice was highly dubious.

If everything was above board and not shoddy as hell the saga wouldn't have happened.

If everything was above board and not shoddy as hell the saga wouldn't have happened.
Not disagreeing. But the CAS verdict against the players, based on strands in a cable, with no punishment to any of the the real dodgy farks, and after they had been cleared in our own country still irks. Not to mention the whole guilty-until-proven-innocent process that they had to endure through the media. The players are deemed to be drug cheats based on the poor governance of a club and the arrogance of some shady practitioners despite there being no positive samples and the supposed TB4 only possibly reaching a few of the players. I know you know all of this but from the way I see it you can’t just encapsulate justice done by what you’ve stated above.

A senate enquiry wont change anything.

I have posted many times there will never be a Senate Enquiry because both Government's interfered in the process - Tanner's statement about not all substances appearing on ASADA's checklist is correct BUT the FACT is players could only search for substances that were listed on their consent forms - So ultimately the players could do nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back