Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
She wasn't confidently saying "this will be the outcome" though. She was adamant that he hadn't said no (as opposed to Lyon and Cameron who had said no, and Pyke who had said sort of no), but kept saying he wasn't sure and wanted to wait until the finals were done to make a decision about whether to go for it.

From what Barham said in the press conference there was someone else involved in the grand final who would've been part of the process after that depending on how the day went as well... presumably that's Pyke, but maybe there are others as well.
I also assumed that he was talking about Pyke.

Yeah that would be fair, he shouldn't be airing dirty laundry.

But i'm not sure how Sheedy has changed since the day he joined the board. He was always going to be outspoken.

He's also old enough to know that you don't generally get to be outspoken on the board. The whole point of a board is to set the direction. That's impossible if the board isn't in agreement on the direction.
So you argue your case behind closed doors but when it's time to front up you're either on board with the direction chosen (pun intended) or you show your displeasure through standing aside.
If he wants to be the outspoken agitator and showman for 'what could be' he can do it from an outside position

We underachieved under Sheeds I think. I can't remember the 80's that well but we should have beaten Collingwood in 90 and we should have won in 99 as we were clearly the best side all year those years. I went into the 2001 GF thinking Brisbane might beat us.
Yep. 99 was the stinger!!
Sure, we played with a chip on our shoulders in 2000, and that was great. but the reality is that Essendon dominated the comp for three years for one premiership...
Not a dynasty...

he’s acting like a child who totally wants his BFF Stacie to know, that, like he totally voted for her, not the other bitch, who’s a total cow by the way, and also Brad cheated on his wife with Bethany, who’s a total ****, and used to give handjobs behind the bike shed at AFL house.
🤣
Totally separate issue; What's Bethany's number again?

Had a thought, The Red Sash going and white knighting Sheedy, saying he is out of the country, all while we have been pleased that over the last month there hasn’t been any leaks out of the football club, sorta confirms that he is Littlefinger, doesn’t it?
Was thinking about that very comparison yesterday. Gee that was well played.

I don't need a pretty face to tell me pretty lies. Better that we all know what's really going on, and members of the club can elect the board members they see fit with an understanding of who they're voting for.
27582078-A692-4379-AD23-10640CABAF94.jpeg
?

I disagree with Sheeds behaviour and think he should go. But drawing a link to bigotry is far fetched and a slur. You can make any statement sound any way you like if you change the wording.
It’s not a slur, it’s an observation of how insular and afraid of outside forces he is; a trait that bigots also share.

I’m not stating that he’s racist.

He just has, in my opinion and based on his recent behaviour, a shitty attitude towards inclusion.

It was widely reported the board was split on Rutten. They didn't come out and say "we voted unanimously to go a different direction". So I'm not sure why it'd be such an issue to say the board picked Scott with one dissenting vote?

I don't need a pretty face to tell me pretty lies. Better that we all know what's really going on, and members of the club can elect the board members they see fit with an understanding of who they're voting for.

What a load of garbage. It’s not always what you say either, it’s how you go about it. Kevin was childish and pathetic and took the gloss off a fantastic signing and the ink hadn’t even dried on the paper. Why did he have to make it so public so quickly?

Can’t wait to vote him off the board (if he isn’t removed or stepped down already)…

What a load of garbage. It’s not always what you say either, it’s how you go about it. Kevin was childish and pathetic and took the gloss off a fantastic signing and the ink hadn’t even dried on the paper. Why did he have to make it so public so quickly?

Can’t wait to vote him off the board (if he isn’t removed or stepped down already)…
I daresay he never had your vote in the first place?

It’s not a slur, it’s an observation of how insular and afraid of outside forces he is; a trait that bigots also share.

I’m not stating that he’s racist.

He just has, in my opinion and based on his recent behaviour, a shitty attitude towards inclusion.
I inferred that you were implying he was a bigot. I’m happy to be wrong.

As for his attitude towards inclusion, I think wanting people who’ve played for your footy team is a lot different to the concept of inclusivity I’m used to. I.e. it pertains to the inclusion of marginalised people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was widely reported the board was split on Rutten. They didn't come out and say "we voted unanimously to go a different direction". So I'm not sure why it'd be such an issue to say the board picked Scott with one dissenting vote?

All I want is someone to beliiiiieeeeeevvve

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

yodellinhank I can certainly see your point about transparency in voting — do you think there should be a publicly available minutes for all board meetings with votes tallied? Or at least available to members?

I don’t think it’s up to Sheedy to make a unilateral decision that the specifics of how he voted are more important than the principle of board solidarity, but it would be good policy if he were to argue it on behalf of members in the board meeting or in a pitch for re-election.

yodellinhank I can certainly see your point about transparency in voting — do you think there should be a publicly available minutes for all board meetings with votes tallied? Or at least available to members?

I don’t think it’s up to Sheedy to make a unilateral decision that the specifics of how he voted are more important than the principle of board solidarity, but it would be good policy if he were to argue it on behalf of members in the board meeting or in a pitch for re-election.

Increased transparency is one thing, but I don’t think anybody would like to apply for a job/promotion and be successful, only for one of the senior leadership group of the organisation to come out and tell everyone that they didn’t want you to get the job and they wanted to give it to some other applicant but got outvoted.

I hope I’m wrong but it looks to me like Sheeds has begun white anting Scott from the moment he was appointed, still working to get his favourite son into the role he wants him in.

Increased transparency is one thing, but I don’t think anybody would like to apply for a job/promotion and be successful, only for one of the senior leadership group of the organisation to come out and tell everyone that they didn’t want you to get the job and they wanted to give it to some other applicant but got outvoted.

I hope I’m wrong but it looks to me like Sheeds has begun white anting Scott from the moment he was appointed, still working to get his favourite son into the role he wants him in.

Or just no respect for due process, which I don’t think he ever had anyway.

The thing that excused it in the past was that he was effectively a dictator, so due process was built around “do as Kevin tells you”.

Now he has to be part of a team and not the leader of it, and it’s obviously not what he’s suited to.

He's clearly only representing the Hird nuffy contingent of the supporter base. I don't think it's as big as he thinks it is..
I think it’s still significant among people who watch a few games here and there but don’t ride every bump, aren’t members, and last paid real attention in 2000. People like my family who are still indignant about the saga.

But whereas most of Twitter seemed to be pro-Hird nuffies, the same people are anti-Sheedy opening his mouth. So that’s interesting.

Blitz and here isn’t really pro-Hird by comparison, but we pay much closer attention than your average fan.

but we pay much closer attention than your average fan.
We sure do!

Dont Laugh Oops GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I think it'd pay to know more about who is on the board and who is doing what for the club. Perhaps the low voting numbers suggest people really aren't all that interested, but then we all love to complain about how things are a mess. Best way to fix that is know why it's a mess.
He's clearly only representing the Hird nuffy contingent of the supporter base. I don't think it's as big as he thinks it is..
From memory a little over 3k or so votes was enough to get elected when Catie Lio Blized her way onto the board? A small hardcore nuffie contingent might still be enough to make an impact on the make up of the board.

I think it'd pay to know more about who is on the board and who is doing what for the club. Perhaps the low voting numbers suggest people really aren't all that interested, but then we all love to complain about how things are a mess. Best way to fix that is know why it's a mess.

From memory a little over 3k or so votes was enough to get elected when Catie Lio Blized her way onto the board? A small hardcore nuffie contingent might still be enough to make an impact on the make up of the board.
Was a couple of hundred votes the difference iirc, 3k might've been her total

We underachieved under Sheeds I think. I can't remember the 80's that well but we should have beaten Collingwood in 90 and we should have won in 99 as we were clearly the best side all year those years. I went into the 2001 GF thinking Brisbane might beat us.
A group of players thought we missed out on a flag between 81 & 83 due to over training.
We definitely cost ourselves a shot at 1990 by being over trained. We had the week off, and when West Coast & Collingwood drew, there was a re-match which meant we missed another week. Sheedy's answer was to train them into the ground. Tim Watson called the team in during the Thursday night training session before the GF because they were so flat.
We underperformed in '86, but severe injuries meant we were a long shot to win the flag that year. We beat a combined team before the season, so everyone thought we were a chance to go for three in a row.
Not to mention getting rid of Bradbury & Carey for Raines & Richardson...

Us nuffies are only expressing our opinions, but like anyone who expresses an opinion that doesn't fit with the PC brigade, we are labelled Nuffies.
Wanting what was an average coach because "it shows balls" is the epitome of being a nuffy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back