anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
I am BL$$%y angry with the way our board has acted in the dismissal of Damian Drum.Like him or hate him Drummy deserved better than what the sewer rats served up to him.
Yesterday while Drummy was attending a meeting with the Afl the rats of our club convened a meeting of the board and decided his future ,but then did not have the balls to tell him to his face.Some weak as P!@s board member runs to the media in melbourne and tells them.Drummy comes out of the meeting and is asked by that over blown tub of lard Barich if he has heard the news.
How is our club going to gain any respect when our board behaves in such a scurrulous manner.Drummy has every right to be peeved off. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The way it was carried out was pretty disappointing!

I have lost a lot of my respect for the board this year. Letting this turn into a media beat-up was wrong.

How is it that the media know whats happening at freo before anyone else? I think they should find the leak and sack 'em. Drummy should have been one of the first to know and not have the Ch7 camera crew on his front lawn.

I would have to agree about the poor handling.

Apparently Ross Maclean blamed the board structure for how it happened. Im not sure exactly what he meant by this.

Imagine finding out you had lost your job from Barich!!

THe time had probably come for Drummie to go but I don't think the board could even run a chook raffle after the mess they made yesterday.

Oh well, I'll be there on Sunday and hopefully we will see our first win of the season.

RacerX in fairness to ch7 Commetti has been doing an interview with Drummy sice he has been coach.I believe Boorish fronted Drummy when he came out of the meeting. Who ever the slug from the board was who leaked it to the press needs the rough end of a pineapple inserted where the sun don't shine,the scumbag.

well as far as i am concerned i love drummy and the players and now i hate the board.
the truth is freo have not made the finals in 7 years now drummy hasn't been coaching them for 7 years so obviously it isn't a player or coaching issue its the board
they need to get more organised and not blame the losses on the ones that only have control at the breaks
hopefully we will see a majority of the board replaced and lets see it happen behind their backs just to show them what drummy musta felt like

Ok they have taken these steps and sacked the coach.
But they cannot merely stop here.
The state of fremantle today has very little to do with Drum.
In most games he got the side into winning positions and the reason the game was lost is solely the responsibility of the players.
At the end of hte year certain players of "potential" who have never reached it need to be traded or take major pay cuts.

Along with this hte board needs a major over haul.They have been there since the begging and are part of the problem

My opinion is why do things in halves.
Hatt is gone
Drum is gone
Mc Clean your next
Along with certain other players and officals

Originally posted by Balip
THe time had probably come for Drummie to go but I don't think the board could even run a chook raffle after the mess they made yesterday.

There's something in what you say - last year they had to recall all their raffle tickets because they didn't have the correct permit :rolleyes:

Wake up call

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Ok they have taken these steps and sacked the coach.
But they cannot merely stop here.
The state of fremantle today has very little to do with Drum.
In most games he got the side into winning positions and the reason the game was lost is solely the responsibility of the players.
At the end of hte year certain players of "potential" who have never reached it need to be traded or take major pay cuts.

Along with this hte board needs a major over haul.They have been there since the begging and are part of the problem

My opinion is why do things in halves.
Hatt is gone
Drum is gone
Mc Clean your next
Along with certain other players and officals

Wakey wakey sabre you are saying the players who have failed to reach their potential have gotm to go.What do you think has been happening??Clement,Holland,Sinclair,Burton,Callaghan,Abrahams.Do you want me to go on.This is what I have been saying to you but you will not listen.If we trade the players with "POTENTIAL"we are doing what we have been doing since our inception.
Have I not asked many times Who are the super stars we have delisted?And you keep coming up with tese names I have mentioned .GET REAL.We have been getting rid of the dead wood since day one.
The thing we have to watch out for is that we don't lose the likes of Pavlich,Brown,McPhee and the likes. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wide awake over here anchor man

I dont think you read what I said.
Im talking about players taht have had potential for years now.
Not ones that have just be drafted or are coming along slowly.
Im talking players that have been ment to take the competition by storm and yet have never lived up to it.

Bandy is a prime example this problem.He has everything going ofr him.Yet for years now we have been hearing how good he is going to be.But he has never lived up to his potential.Walker is another one, he was drafted some time ago,and he hasnt lived up to his potential.

Trade them both.
Players like Pavlich and Haselby have continued to improve, they are players of potential, but they are achieving there potential.
Do you understand what I am saying here??

what about

But again it is the same story all and I repeat all those we have traded have had POTENTIAL but gave J/S.Each and every one are in the same catergory as Bandy and Walker.That is why we traded them.They did not have the club at heart and this is what I have been saying all along and it is pleasing that at last you are getting the message.Get rid of the dead wood.CALLAGHAN,CLEMENT,HOLLAND,SINCLAIR all were the same as Bandy and Walker.Dead wood.

Speaking of potential fellas - got any thoughts about Phil Smart (Dockers talent scout). He got an absolute pasting from Liam Bartlett in the Sundy Times, it was almost slanderous. Apparently all the trade blunders were his fault and the current squad problems all relate back to him.

I was wondering if there was any truth in the attack. I mean you hardly hear Smarts name mentioned, how could he have attracted so much ill feeling from bartlett.

My main problems lies in Neeshams refusal to take part in the national draft early on.
These players that we could have drafted would now be in the peak of there career and more than likely star players.

Along with certain other draft pic losses along the way that has contributed to where we are today.

The fact that drums and Neeshams game plans are so different hasnt helped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good question

RacerX good question when you look at it but is he the only one who has a say in who we pick?If he is to go then Mick Moylan is still out there to be grabbed he is touted as being one of the best talent spotters in the land.He is the bloke that got the Eagles going.Went to one of the vic clubs I think and then had afall out there and then went to Port Adelaide and had a fallout with Jack Cahill.We have made some monumental cockups really haven't we.

Sabre we are both on the same side but do you agree with what I have been saying,All that have gone have had potential but nothing else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back