Bob Chappell Murder - Shadow of Doubt

Remove this Banner Ad

Is strange, changed her tune it seems,
Article states she won’t apply for parole, and only leave prison as an innocent person.,
SNF's daughter explained in an interview that if her mother had to admit any guilt or remorse in order to get parole, she would refuse to do it.

I would assume therefore, that the parole board has granted parole without this stipulation (?). Maybe as Bfew mentioned above, there is the sense of a miscarriage of justice actually dawning in the minds of the judiciary.

SNF's daughter explained in an interview that if her mother had to admit any guilt or remorse in order to get parole, she would refuse to do it.

I would assume therefore, that the parole board has granted parole without this stipulation (?). Maybe as Bfew mentioned above, there is the sense of a miscarriage of justice actually dawning in the minds of the judiciary.
And a realisation that as time goes by, that there is a reasonably high enough likelihood, that it will become more and more apparent to more and more people that there was a miscarriage of Justice, and/or that evidence will come to light that there was.

And/or that some of those who have until now had their doubts but remained silent on the issue, might be prepared to go public.

Particularly those that are no longer employed within the Justice system, or who held their tongue before, because of reasons that no longer put them risk, in either telling what they know, or saying what they think.

The longer Susan Neill-Fraser was kept incarcerated, the higher the potential $ liability and reputational damage to the TAS Government (and the confidence in the whole Australian Justice System) for any successful future claim and/or ex-gratia payment to Susan Neill-Fraser (and/or her family) for wrongful conviction/incarceration.

The Tasmanian Government might have already received legal advice about this, or just realise this from applying liability 101 common sense to what might happen in the future with Susan Neill-Fraser.

^ I wouldn't say there were "lots of lies" told, at least not by SNF.

There were two errors she made. One was saying she was at Bunnings in the afternoon preceding Bob's disappearance and she wasn't. If one goes to a particular store nearly every second day and is in a state of severe shock and anxiety, it would be quite conceivable to get your days mixed up. Plus, many innocent people can't quickly recall what they did yesterday!!!

The second error was saying the jacket left on the fence was not hers, while it actually was. If you're an outdoor person who has a whole range of jackets, you don't necessarily have an instant recognition of each one as belonging to you. Plus, why that jacket implicated her for the murder is very hard to understand. It was found in full view in a public place. Wouldn't a person carefully dispose of it, if it was worn while committing a murder? In addition, there was a long dark hair found on the jacket which was not hers, but never forensically identified.

The outright lie which condemned her in most people's eyes was initally omitting to tell the police she went down to the foreshore in the middle of the night. This is understandable given the family dynamics. When she was first asked how she spent the night in question, she said she never left the house. This was because the police asked this question in front of Bob's son Tim (very poor police work actually). There was a history of tension and angst within the family concerning the mental illness of Tim's sister.
SNF didn't want to explain in front of Tim that she had received an outright weird phone call that night about this sister's concerns about Bob's welfare, thereby risking his ire and anger in front of the police. Quite understandable - I'm sure many families would have internal issues and friction they would rather not stir up in front of police if at all possible.
As it transpired, SNF acted upon this weird phone call and went down to the foreshore to check on the yacht and Bob. This action basically resulted in a guilty verdict and 13 years in jail.

What about her google searches?

^ I wouldn't say there were "lots of lies" told, at least not by SNF.

There were two errors she made. One was saying she was at Bunnings in the afternoon preceding Bob's disappearance and she wasn't. If one goes to a particular store nearly every second day and is in a state of severe shock and anxiety, it would be quite conceivable to get your days mixed up. Plus, many innocent people can't quickly recall what they did yesterday!!!

The second error was saying the jacket left on the fence was not hers, while it actually was. If you're an outdoor person who has a whole range of jackets, you don't necessarily have an instant recognition of each one as belonging to you. Plus, why that jacket implicated her for the murder is very hard to understand. It was found in full view in a public place. Wouldn't a person carefully dispose of it, if it was worn while committing a murder? In addition, there was a long dark hair found on the jacket which was not hers, but never forensically identified.

The outright lie which condemned her in most people's eyes was initally omitting to tell the police she went down to the foreshore in the middle of the night. This is understandable given the family dynamics. When she was first asked how she spent the night in question, she said she never left the house. This was because the police asked this question in front of Bob's son Tim (very poor police work actually). There was a history of tension and angst within the family concerning the mental illness of Tim's sister.
SNF didn't want to explain in front of Tim that she had received an outright weird phone call that night about this sister's concerns about Bob's welfare, thereby risking his ire and anger in front of the police. Quite understandable - I'm sure many families would have internal issues and friction they would rather not stir up in front of police if at all possible.
As it transpired, SNF acted upon this weird phone call and went down to the foreshore to check on the yacht and Bob. This action basically resulted in a guilty verdict and 13 years in jail.
Wasn’t she had that Bunnings for a number of hours? Come on, goes every second day?? She goes to Bunnings every second day?
And the jackets 99% of women I know can identify every piece of clothing they own especially one they wore in the previous days..
it’s not cut and dry she is 100% innocent, there are inconsistenties with her story..

The longer Susan Neill-Fraser was kept incarcerated, the higher the potential $ liability and reputational damage to the TAS Government (and the confidence in the whole Australian Justice System) for any successful future claim and/or ex-gratia payment to Susan Neill-Fraser (and/or her family) for wrongful conviction/incarceration.

The Tasmanian Government might have already received legal advice about this, or just realise this from applying liability 101 common sense to what might happen in the future with Susan Neill-Fraser.
How can she get compo when the high court threw her case out.. she is technically guilty in the eyes of the law..
she doesn’t have any other avenues for apply unless somebody confesses.

Been in Melb for 24 years, but originally from Hobart - a lot of the family names that come up in this case are well known to me and would be to others of my vintage, I'm sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back