Bob Hawke not a terribly good human being

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob didn't hang out with or defend paedophiles or promote Brian Houston who let his paedo Dad keep doing what he was doing and that was destroy many children's lives.
I believe Bob's daughter but she was a heroin addict at the time and is trying to get more money from the will, so it will be interesting to see what the courts say.
Bob prevented a rapist from seeing justice. Someone should of been in jail for a terrible crime and he prevented that for his political ambitions. The fact his daughter was the victim is just disgusting.

Abbott has not stood in the way of pell recieving justice. He has not prevented punishment from taking place.

Hawkes actions are far worse.

Told his daughter who claims she was raped by a Labour minister not to report it to the police or anyone because he was trying to become Labours leader. Basically told her to shut up and accept it. What sort of human being would do that to their daughter? Seriously? Most fathers would fly off the handle in rage. Its utterly disgusting.

On a much lesser note but still incredibly poor. In his will he has basically has given all his money to his wife and given his children chump change in comparison.

Makes shorten and morrison nearly look like good characters in comparison.

Care to provide a link with your misspelled post?

Bob prevented a rapist from seeing justice. Someone should of been in jail for a terrible crime and he prevented that for his political ambitions. The fact his daughter was the victim is just disgusting.

Abbott has not stood in the way of pell recieving justice. He has not prevented punishment from taking place.

You can't defend Abbott, he's been downplaying catholic paedophilia for 20 years.

What myth busted?
The myth that Shorten is a terrible human being.

I know he's not a popular figure.

I'm saying there's little of substance behind his unpopularity.

None of what you cited is exactly smoking gun, let's face it.

(And good to know that we now live in a world where an allegation of wrongdoing is now considered an actual wrongdoing. I wasn't aware we'd crossed that line.)

Like I said, I'm no fan of him; couldn't really care about him. But I see so much unexamined horseschitte being written about him.

And most of what you've offered as evidence of his terrible humanity is quite frankly, a bit lame.

If we are throwing out entire people based on the worst thing they've done and excluding all else, then the position on Hawke could get very ugly.
It hardly matters now as both are dead, it's a family matter in the courts about a will atm.If it's true it's pretty terrible. Maybe Hawke thought he was sacraficing his daughters dignity for the future of the nation, I don't know. She was a heroin addict at the same time which is also sad.
Re Abbott, visiting a convicted paedophile in jail as a friend is unbecoming at the very least , for an ex Prime Minister of Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the thread's called 'Bob Hawke is not a terribly good human being' which is just wrong considering the legacy he has left eg Medicare ect,.I'm not sure how mileage people want to get over a dead man who can't give his version.
If people want to political point score, then Abbott, Brian Houston, Kevin Andrews, John Howard, George Christianson are all terrible people too.

It hardly matters now as both are dead, it's a family matter in the courts about a will atm.If it's true it's pretty terrible. Maybe Hawke thought he was sacraficing his daughters dignity for the future of the nation, I don't know. She was a heroin addict at the same time which is also sad.
Re Abbott, visiting a convicted paedophile in jail as a friend is unbecoming at the very least , for an ex Prime Minister of Australia.

How do the two compare in your mind?

Well the thread's called 'Bob Hawke is not a terribly good human being' which is just wrong considering the legacy he has left eg Medicare ect,.I'm not sure how mileage people want to get over a dead man who can't give his version.
If people want to political point score, then Abbott, Brian Houston, Kevin Andrews, John Howard, George Christianson are all terrible people too.

Did they all get accused of condoning by silence the sexual assault of their own daughter, the absolute opposite of what being a father is expected to be by the average Australian?

Or is that equal to being friends with someone who turns out to be a pedophile?

How do the two compare in your mind?
Hawke is a giant of a man who helped millions of people in this country obtain a better standard of living and obtain free healthcare.He was a great defender of women's rights and wage parity. No one can know for sure what happened to his daughter, but Hawke himself respected women .
Abbott is a zealot grub of a man who voted against his own sister in gay marriage, defend convicted paedophiles, mislead and lied to Australia about climate change which helped ruin the carbon tax, punched a wall near a womens head in uni and demonized refugees.He achieved exactly zero in his Prime Ministership.

And they all have their threads. Just not this one.

Did they all get accused of condoning by silence the sexual assault of their own daughter, the absolute opposite of what being a father is expected to be by the average Australian?

Or is that equal to being friends with someone who turns out to be a pedophile?
We don't know for sure what happened with his daughter, she's trying to get 4million from the will.

It sounds like you have a point where someone doing things for you/Australia gives them a lot of leeway or free pass for things like this.
Not a free pass at all , you can't write off a man's legacy for one alleged mistake.
Imagine if Andrew Peacock became PM.

The daughter is a junkie chasing more money to feed her ****ed up life style. Bob should have pulled out.

It sounds like you have a point where someone doing things for you/Australia gives them a lot of leeway or free pass for things like this.
Are you gonna dismiss everything Ghandi did as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back