Alien/UFO Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd heard of the Lazar story a long time ago, so always had an interest in it.

Listened to the podcast a few nights ago which I thought was quite good. So was keen to get into the doco some time this weekend. Then done a little bit more reading on the subject and came across this article which refutes a lot of Lazar's claims.

I was always a little on the fence regarding his story. Maybe 60/40 on Lazar's side. After reading the article, I reckon I'm 80/20 the other way. Obviously I can't verify anything on either side, but he does bring up some good points. Well worth the read if you have time.

Either way, it's definitely an interesting topic. I really do want it to be true, just don't know. If he has been bulls**tting for the past 30 years, he's pretty good at it so hats off to him.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

Listened to the podcast a few nights ago which I thought was quite good. So was keen to get into the doco some time this weekend. Then done a little bit more reading on the subject and came across this article which refutes a lot of Lazar's claims.

I was always a little on the fence regarding his story. Maybe 60/40 on Lazar's side. After reading the article, I reckon I'm 80/20 the other way. Obviously I can't verify anything on either side, but he does bring up some good points. Well worth the read if you have time.

Either way, it's definitely an interesting topic. I really do want it to be true, just don't know. If he has been ********ting for the past 30 years, he's pretty good at it so hats off to him.

I read that article. He bangs on about the specifications of the Jet Engine car like it actually maters. How many guys modify their car and exaggerate about its abilities?

He also talks on behalf of Lazars friends without ever having spoken to them.

Also, keeping up the lie "keeps him out of jail" :think:

"I know folks who have been there, including a helicopter pilot who landed on Papoose Lake" -
sure you do

If all these reprints of yearbooks from the school he allegedly attended are so easily available then why hasn't someone just bought them for a period of a few years and really debunk it?

I have no skin in the game either way but there was about as much evidence of Lazar being a fraud as Lazar has of there being UFO's.

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers

Either way, it's definitely an interesting topic. I really do want it to be true, just don't know. If he has been ********ting for the past 30 years, he's pretty good at it so hats off to him.

Saw this last night as well, however in the doco they uncovered a class photo of him at one of the colleges he always claimed to have studied at as well as the hand scanner he claimed was used at the facility he worked at, so who really knows. Like you, I want it all to be true & it feels like it is (to me) but one always has to be a bit sceptical with this stuff.

That article was an epic ego trip
Came across as someone with an axe to grind.

DIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
After the Netflix doco and the podcast, will be interesting to see if any other legitimate ex Area 51 workers come out to have their say or not. Lazar says no one else really has because they’ve seen what happened to him and the ppl in his life.

joop

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
What might bore you may well fascinate others, that's not a reason for someone not to watch.
Well first of all i never said it bored me, quite the opposite as I said the story is fascinating. But unfortunately the story doesn't get the chance to be told to the best of its abilities due to how poorly the doco is made. This is a thread where we review what we watch, I'm allowed tell people not to bother watching it, just like you're allowed think its a great doco. There are no wrong opinions, just sh!t docos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chunkylover53

Premiership Player
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Listened to the podcast and thought it was awesome - couldn't wait to watch the doco which ******* sucked.

During the podcast I could feel the flog director sitting their waiting to chime in with s**t the whole time. To his credit he lasted until about half way til he started ranting - even Joe was like you need to be more clear we don't know what you're talking about. I thought fu** I hope he isn't in the doco too much, and indeed he was. What was up with the weird voice-over too lol.

I believe Bob. I don't see why he'd continue to lie about this stuff for 30 odd years. Also trying to wipe him from any records of working at Los Alamos only to be found that he did work there is pretty shady.

So does he have Element 115 somewhere or not? I didn't get that part.

Top Bottom