Bob Murphy - 300 games

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll never forget a kick he did a couple of seasons ago in 2015. Can't remember who we were playing but there was a contested ball in our backline near the boundary, just inside the 50. Dogs ended up winning the ball in close and after a handball or two it ended up in Murphy's hands. Still in a relatively high pressure position Murph took one side step around an opposition player and then after one or two more steps decided to go on his opposite left foot. The kick was about 55-60m long heading towards Easton Wood who was breaking at full pace towards goal from just inside the center square (defensive side). The ball dropped straight down Wood's throat just short of the center circle without him having to break stride at all. Ball then goes straight into the f50 for a goal.

I can't ever recall seeing a better kick on a player's opposite foot. Was just sublime.

Last edited:
2nd worst 300 gamer behind Drew Petrie.

Please don't edit my posts to suit your agenda, mods. Its obviously my opinion, it doesn't need to be stated.
f7FdEdG.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll never forget a kick he did a couple of seasons ago in 2015. Can't remember who we were playing but there was a contested ball in our backline near the boundary, just inside the 50. Dogs ended up winning the ball in close and after a handball or two it ended up in Murphy's hands. Still in a relatively high pressure position Murph took one side step around an opposition player and then after one or two more steps decided to go on his opposite left foot. The kick was about 55-60m long heading towards Easton Wood who was breaking at full pace towards goal from just inside the center square (defensive side). The ball dropped straight down Wood's throat just short of the center circle without him having to break stride at all. Ball then goes straight into the f50 for a goal.

I can't ever recall seeing a better kick on a player's opposite foot. Was just sublime.

was it this kick at 3:20?

The media does drool over bob and he gets embarrassed by it all too. Doesnt detract from his fantastic career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back