4. Josh Kennedy 580
5. George Hewett 571
6. Heath Grundy 569
7. Tom Papley 556
8. Dan Hannebery 546
9. Zak Jones 543
10. Isaac Heeney 518

----------------------------------

Bob Skilton Medal is on this Friday, October 6th. Live stream will once again be available on the swans website (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au)

The Sydney Swans will provide a live stream of next week’s Club Champion Dinner being held at the Star Events Centre for those unable to attend.

sydneyswans.com.au will be there to provide a live stream of the event beginning at 7pm on Friday, October 6.

The event will include the crowning of the Bob Skilton Medallist along with a number of other awards celebrating achievements throughout the 2017 season.

Will it be another medal for captain Josh Kennedy or was the Coleman Medal winning performance of Lance Franklin enough to see him win his first Skilton Medal?

Is it second time lucky for Luke Parker or will veteran defender Heath Grundy take home the award after another consistent season in defence?

All will be revealed in our special live stream kicking off on the Swans website and mobile app from 7pm.

See a list of key timings below for the evening.

Club Champion – Key Times (approx)
7.05pm – Event commences
7.10pm – Chairman’s Address
7.40pm – Life Member announcements
8.25pm – Senior Coach Address
8.30pm – Rising Star award
8.35pm – Best Clubman award
9.00pm – Coleman Medal presentation
9.55pm - Players’ Player award
10.00pm – Most Improved award
10.05pm – Best Player in finals
11.05pm – 3rd to 1st place announced
11.15pm – Club Champion announcement

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2017-09-28/swans-to-stream-club-champion

Last edited:
I'll have a go at the top 10 and awards:

1. Josh Kennedy
2. Lance Franklin
3. Heath Grundy
4. Jake Lloyd
5. Luke Parker
6. George Hewett
7. Dan Hannebery
8. Sam Reid
9. Isaac Heeney
10. Dane Rampe

Rising Star: Will Hayward (Lewis Melican might)

Best Clubman: Dunno, Alex Johnson I guess...

Players' Player: Josh Kennedy

Most Improved: Lewis Melican (if Melican is the Rising Star, I'd go with Hewett here)

Best Player in Finals: Heath Grundy

Last edited:

If JPK doesn't get it I'll be shocked. Most consistent YET AGAIN and even with the captaincy on his shoulders. A brilliant year by him.

If anyone steals it from him it'll be big Bud with a few huge performances. But ultimately the most consistent usually wins it I reckon and JPK is miles ahead of anyone else in this regard.

I hope Grunds get's some recognition too. Another that's stepped up and been consistent and dependable all year. He's held our backline together while others have been missing (Rampe with his arm, Smittys horrid early season form, Lloydy out a few times etc etc).

I think JPK will win as he is the best performer on a consistent basis

I think Lloyd second for his consistency he was excellent just not as many elite games as jpk

Buddy 3rd for mine had some outstanding games, but wouldnt be shocked if he is ranked lower based on some do your job metric

Grundy 4th

1. Parker
2. Buddy
3. Kennedy
4. Grundy
5. Lloyd
6. Hannebery
7. Rampe
8. Papley
9. Jack
10. Heeney

Top 5 was easy, after that was really hard because lots of players missed games.

Interested to see how Hanners polls

I called Jake Lloyd at the half way mark of the season so by season's end I honestly believe that Jake Lloyd will win our B & F.
He had a very consistent season.

If he doesn't win he will finish top 3 & Buddy will win.

Completely forgot about him. I think he probably missed a couple too many for top 6 but he should be top 10.

I think Lloyd trailed off a little towards the end of the year, not dramatically but enough to see he doesn't win it or come 2nd imo.

All guess work really, but you never know i think heeney had a good year in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy for mine. There was a game early in the season where he had an extended stint on the bench during which our defence fell apart. Righted the ship as soon as he came back on.

I reckon those types of things are noticed by the playing group. Played maybe 3 less than stellar games all year.

Gets respect from the opposition too. After the first Hawks game Isaac Smith talked about how well "Grundy 'n that" mark the ball down back.

If JPK doesn't get it I'll be shocked. Most consistent YET AGAIN and even with the captaincy on his shoulders. A brilliant year by him.

If anyone steals it from him it'll be big Bud with a few huge performances. But ultimately the most consistent usually wins it I reckon and JPK is miles ahead of anyone else in this regard.

I hope Grunds get's some recognition too. Another that's stepped up and been consistent and dependable all year. He's held our backline together while others have been missing (Rampe with his arm, Smittys horrid early season form, Lloydy out a few times etc etc).

Consistent, yes. Finished with highest average score from the player ratings, and was once again the bf best.

However. He missed a few games, while parker and franklin didn't. Hanners misses out because he missed games.

If kennedy played those two games, I think he wins it comfortably.

Grundy for mine. There was a game early in the season where he had an extended stint on the bench during which our defence fell apart. Righted the ship as soon as he came back on.

I reckon those types of things are noticed by the playing group. Played maybe 3 less than stellar games all year.

Gets respect from the opposition too. After the first Hawks game Isaac Smith talked about how well "Grundy 'n that" mark the ball down back.
Are you thinking Geelong?

Are you thinking Geelong?
I thought it was an SCG game while Rampe was still out but could definitely be wrong.

I just remember it being immediately noticeable. The defence descended into chaos but as soon as Grundy came back, they tightened back up.

I thought it was an SCG game while Rampe was still out but could definitely be wrong.

I just remember it being immediately noticeable. The defence descended into chaos but as soon as Grundy came back, they tightened back up.
From my memory it was the Cats game at Skilled. We had them bent over and as soon as Reggie went off they started to fight back. All opposition ended when he came back on.

From my memory it was the Cats game at Skilled. We had them bent over and as soon as Reggie went off they started to fight back. All opposition ended when he came back on.
Melican went to Hawkins and copped a flogging for 10 minutes. Grundy had a pretty good knock to his noggin.

Back