Bob Skilton Medal 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd - Bob Skilton champion
“I pride my game on my consistency. It’s incredible to think I have been standing up here a couple of times now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake runs up mountains in 2012
Part of Lloyd's training regimen included morning runs up Mount Arapiles, which rises above the Wimmera plains, sometimes as early as 5.30am.
"It's about 5k up, 5k down. It was a regular thing I did once or twice a week, all those little extras certainly helped," Lloyd said.
"Running up and down hills is a lot different [to track running]. I thought it helped my footy and endurance. Mentally it's pretty challenging at times, it's definitely held me in good stead. I wanted to do something different. I wanted to keep working hard, I thought it would be a good challenge for myself. Dad was doing it, and it's not too far away from home, so it was pretty easy to have a run."
Lloyd's love for training stems from his father, Tony, who runs a personal training business in Horsham. Lloyd also spent time training with former South Sydney and Parramatta conditioner Jimmy Wright before arriving at the Swans.

For intensity, Wright's sessions surpassed even those at pre-season with the Swans, whose program goes for longer.
"I've done some of the most ridiculous sessions that I've ever been put through," Lloyd said. "Those mountain runs in the morning, not just once but twice. Numerous sessions, two to three a day of weights, cardio, pool sessions, getting everything out of me ... for a number of weeks, multiple sessions a day – [it's] the most physical training I've ever done."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back