Bob

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually didn't mind it.

I don't mind Bob, I just find his whole 'I'm a hippster I'm super cool' persona a bit wanky at times.

Conversation flowed pretty well. Found it funny when he was asked is he ever in awe of players and instead of saying Carey, Ablett, Judd ext he picks out Bontempelli

I really enjoyed it (once I'd recovered from the set lights blinding me), although Bob Murphy is becoming a self-parody.

Rob Sitch is a brilliant raconteur. He tells detailed, funny stories while still getting to the punchline quickly. That's the sign of many years of training and a hell of a lot of comedic talent.

The show's warmth and informality worked really well.

Needed more Rob Sitch imitating his dad at the footy.

"No pace."

I don't mind Bob, I just find his whole 'I'm a hippster I'm super cool' persona a bit wanky at times.

I think Minka is saying it best:

I really enjoyed it (once I'd recovered from the set lights blinding me), although Bob Murphy is becoming a self-parody.

Please please please use a hard camera and stop with the constant angle changes.

Content was good. I enjoyed the chat.

Its artistic :D

there was a show on FF that was more analytical. 4 guys standing around a round table. the camera angles were terrible as due to the positioning of the presenters youd see the back of someones head at all times. It was trying to be fly on the wall.

there was a show on FF that was more analytical. 4 guys standing around a round table. the camera angles were terrible as due to the positioning of the presenters youd see the back of someones head at all times. It was trying to be fly on the wall.

Fox Footy went through a phase where they wanted to show that every roundtable conversation should have a 'secret men's business' feel to it. The musty, dim den. Four people sitting around a table that was part Cabinet War Rooms, part Dogs Playing Poker.

It was called Fox Footy Round Table hosted by Whateley. They had a finals edition with Voss, Archer, Derm and Judd. Derm was the worst.

Fyfe this week. Who is the guest next week?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Conversation flowed pretty well. Found it funny when he was asked is he ever in awe of players and instead of saying Carey, Ablett, Judd ext he picks out Bontempelli

I love Bob, but I find the hipster, bohemian thing annoying as well.

I think when something veers from the "norm" it's behind the 8 ball. When it moves even further away it becomes a point of annoyance. That being said, I believe Bobs character is what we see.

Is hipsterville a fad though? Remember emos being a thing, and anyone who had a bad day suddenly became emo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe and Bob together will certainly annoy the s**t out of you then.

Saved by the guest again. Fyfe is a gun.

It's understandable because of his lack of TV experience, but there's way too much awkwardness and the questions and comments from Murphy are too disjointed. And he talks about himself, and relates the answers back to himself, *way* too much.

When the guests aren't as natural or as interesting as Sitch and Fyfe, it's going to be a very mediocre show.

I think it was called afl insider

Yes it was called AFL Insider. There's a clip of it above.

Fox Footy Round Table was more recent but isn't the "war room" style program Peter North is referring to.

To be honest I totally understand the desire to do something different. AFL360, Friday Night Footy on Fox, The Footy Show, The Sunday Footy Show, Marngrook, Talking Footy and Footy Classified all feature people sitting around a desk talking, with minimal variation. I say if you want to try something different, then go for it.

And as for moving cameras - when was the last time you went and saw a Hollywood film and the camera didn't move? If it can move on film why can't it move on TV? Modern Family is shot handheld with wobble for god knows what reason and no-one says anything. Hell those YouTube shows rate their proverbials off and that's all shakey shakey mobile phone vision! Yet all of a sudden a camera wobbles on a sports channel and people go apeshit. It's probably a bit overdone on Bob but it's far from unwatchable.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back