Bob

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't live TV. It's a brand new show and the producers/editors would still be finding their way, as is Bob. Agree with some of the criticisms of Bob interupting guests but i think it will improve.

Have always thought Perkins was a bit of a flog but really enjoyed his interview.

I could watch Rob Sitch be interviewed by bill and ben the flower pot men and still be in awe of the guy.

Early signs are good.....this is a show about people who love footy as we all do. There is an endless supply of prospects.

Have enjoyed all of them so far, felt the first couple with Sitch and Fyfe were the best but has been more than watchable every week.

While I agree the production erred including the repeated Cyril anecdote/analogy in successive(?) episodes, it was relevant to the interesting insight Gilchrist shared about the perception of Murali v Hussey (which I had never heard before - coming from an unabashed cricket nerd who has read his book and listened to hours of him speaking).

The show is a more than welcome addition to the footy media IMO.

If you’re going to drink Crownies at the footy with anyone, Fitzy seems a good bloke to do it with. He’s a terrific storyteller and really likeable.

At the Richmond Tigers FC vs adelaide game i bumped into fitzy. He was watching me with an eagle eye as i approached a row of unoccupied seats. In fact most of the bay was empty. We exchanged glances and then finally he said "I just got some beers there". I looked and found 4 cups of beer on the ground. He was saving the seats, or was already sitting there before. I laughed and we exchanged thumbs up.

At the Richmond Tigers FC vs adelaide game i bumped into fitzy. He was watching me with an eagle eye as i approached a row of unoccupied seats. In fact most of the bay was empty. We exchanged glances and then finally he said "I just got some beers there". I looked and found 4 cups of beer on the ground. He was saving the seats, or was already sitting there before. I laughed and we exchanged thumbs up.
You should've sat down, grabbed a beer and said cheers mate. I always thought you were a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely a producer could have had a quick word with Lehmo.

‘Hey pal we’re actually in the middle of an interview here’

I mean if Lehmo gave Fitzy a bit of stick and then moved on you, you would think yeah you're a w***er Lehmo but whatever. Absolutely ridiculous that he decided he was going to be the third wheel. Fitzy was good but Lehmo ruined the entire second part of the interview.

I mean if Lehmo gave Fitzy a bit of stick and then moved on you, you would think yeah you're a w***er Lehmo but whatever. Absolutely ridiculous that he decided he was going to be the third wheel. Fitzy was good but Lehmo ruined the entire second part of the interview.
Agreed, what the hell was he thinking?

No, I couldn't deal with Bob and Rogers interviewing each other. The inner city, hipster, vintage denim thing would hit overload.
Tim Rogers is a musician though, is from the country, it's different.

Bob reckons he's cool because like, he owns Beatles albums on vinyl and wears denim jackets. The guy isn't even a hipster or a cool dresser. Every campaigner owns a sherpa lined jacket and the bands he love are... so obvious.

Bob reckons he's cool because like, he owns Beatles albums on vinyl and wears denim jackets. The guy isn't even a hipster or a cool dresser. Every campaigner owns a sherpa lined jacket and the bands he love are... so obvious.

So what’s cool or hipster? Not wearing a blue singlet or woolly cardigan? A lot on here fixated with what he wears. Who gives a s**t what he wears.

FFS

So what’s cool or hipster? Not wearing a blue singlet or woolly cardigan? A lot on here fixated with what he wears. Who gives a s**t what he wears.

I love Bob, but sometimes he tries a bit too hard. He needs to learn that when you interview someone you let them speak. They are the subject, not you.
Don't interrupt and leave awkward silences because that's where the best material usually comes from.

I think to some extent, the point is being missed with this show. It is not necessarily Bob interviewing people.

It is Bob having a conversation with people.

Plenty of times, the guest asks Bob a question which is obviously not normal for a standard one on one interview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back